Taylor

"I'm just gonna do it."I say to Dylan feeling confident,we're on facetime on my IPad talking about Austin."Hell yea Tay get fucked up on a Friday...or should I say get fucked on a Friday."She jokes and I laugh shaking my head."Stop it's not like that."I say tucking a piece of my natural hair behind my ear,I took my weave out just to give my hair a break.

My finger has been hovering over Austin's name in my phone for a good hour now,It's been almost a week and he hasn't texted me like he said he would.I usually would just forget about it but I really like Austin,I thought we hit it off well but maybe not..

"Stop it."Dylan says forcing me out of my thoughts and I look at her confused."What?"
"That's the face you make when you're over thinking something Tay."She says and I laugh,she knows me so well."For real?"I ask and she nods laughing,I run my hand through my hair as I shrug."Look just call him maybe he's waiting on you."She says and I look down at my phone,he said he'd call me but maybe I miss heard."You're right Dyl."I say and tap his name,as it rings I suck my bottom lip in and wait.

"Hello?"I hear Austin's deep voice say and my heart rate picks up."Hey Austin.."I say trying to sound like I haven't been waiting to hear from him.Dylan laughs and I shush her,I then mute her cuz I know she might say something.

"Wassup Taylor."He says and I smile shrugging,I lay back on my couch trying to relax."Nothing much..."I lie playing it cool and he laughs,I smile at his cute laugh."If you're wondering why haven't reached out to you it's cuz of my god awful job.I'm sorry I really did mean to text you or something."He says and I smile nodding,I get it so I'm not upset."Oh it's ok."I say and look at Dylan for a second as she flicks me off,I hold in my laugh."So...what are you doing right now?"He asks and I laugh at the question,the way he says it is weird."Nothing why?"I ask suspiciously and he laughs hearing my reaction."I was gonna ask you on a date."He says and I cheese,I cover my smile as Dylan laughs at me."Right now?"
"Yea right now,strike while the iron's hot you know."He says and I giggle shaking my head."I don't think you used that expression the right way Austin."I tease and he laughs,I really can't get enough his laugh!"Well tomato potato right?"He says and now I know he's teasing me so I giggle.

"So how about it Tay?"He asks and I suck my bottom lip in again,I'm definitely gonna go."Ok come pick me up."I say surprising myself with how forward I'm being."Ok send me your address I'll be there innnnn however long it takes to get there."He says and I laugh at that,looking at Dylan who's intently listening to our convo."Ok,I'll text it right now."
"Alright bye Tay."He says hanging up and I immediately text him my address,I unmute Dylan and take my IPad to my room to get dressed."So what happened cuz I could only hear your end."She asks and I look at her cheering,she's gonna be so proud of me for making plans with him."He asked me out and I said yes."I answer smiling and she looks shocked like I knew she would."Today?"
"Yup so I gotta get dressed."I say going to my closet,he didn't tell me where we were going so I'm not sure what to wear.As if he heard my thoughts my phone buzzes with a text from him telling me to dress comfortably, I smile cuz that really helps.

I grab a pair of blue jeans and short-sleeved sweater crop top,I slide on my gray Yeezy's and keep my makeup light.My hair is already straightened so I just comb it out and I'm ready to go,I continue to talk to Dylan for 15 minutes until I hear Austin knock."He's here!"I say to Dylan and she laughs,I get up and start fixing my hair in the mirror real quick."Make sure he uses a condom."She says and my cheeks burn.I'm a virgin and I hate talking about sex,it just makes me uncomfortable.I'm the only virgin in our family but I'm ok with that.

"I was just kidding Tay,lighten up."She says and I smile slightley,waving her off."I know I--"I'm interrupted by Austin knocking again so I forget what I was saying."I gotta go Dyl,byeeee."I say and she waves at me laughing,she blows kisses at me making me laugh."Byeeee!"