Keyonee

Keyonee (Kee-yawn-knee) and Corey in MM

"Kai you need to talk to her."I say opening the front door to my apartment and walking in."I can't talk to her Key,I can't even look at her!"He yells as I set my stuff down on the table,I sigh moving my hair out my face."But if she's pregnant then you need to be there."I tell him as I sit down and he just sucks his teeth."If she's really pregnant its probably not even mine,who knows how many people she was messing with..."He says trailing off and I shake my head,the story he told me broke my hear for him.Erin was good for Kai,I would've never guessed she would do him like that.

"But what if the baby is yours Kai,wouldn't you want him or her to grow up with both parents like we did?"I ask and he's silent,taking in my words. "You're right Keyonee."He says and I nod smiling,I know I'm right.

"When are you gonna come visit me?"I ask and he pauses making me roll my eyes,he hasn't been to Houston in like a year."When you come visit me."He says countering and I laugh standing up,I haven't been to Chicago for like 2 and a half years."I haven't seen you since All-star."I say getting my seaweed snacks,as I struggle to open it it makes a lot of noise."Put that nasty ass seaweed up." He tells me and suck my teeth and laugh."Its good Kai!"
"Hell no its not!"He yells back and we're both laughing so hard.

"You still with Corey?"He asks after we catch our breathe and I sigh getting slightly annoyed at his question."Yes Kai."I answer and he makes a disapproving noise,he knows I'm still dating and living with Corey."Then I can't come down there,you should come up here."He says and I roll my eyes at his close mindedness."I wish y'all would give him a chance,he's not that bad."I say defending him poorly and he sucks his teeth,I imagine him shaking his head."The guy treats you like shit and you just take it!"He yells and I frown,I'm so fucking tired of them hating on my boyfriend."I love him Kai,you need to accept that and stop talking bad about him."I say eating some seaweed."Whatever,I'll never like that guy and you deserve somebody better."He tells me repeating was he's been saying for years."Yea and so do you."

After I get off the phone with Kai I go and take a long,hot shower.Every time I come home from the hospital I smell like.... hospital :/

I put some leggings on and a sports bra and sit in the living room.I pull out my phone to call Corey cuz its getting late and he's not home yet.Corey works in advertisement and since his hours are flexible he gets off work an hour after me so Ion know why he's not here.

I call him like 5 times and get sent to voicemail every time.I hate when he does that but when I do it he's all up in my face saying I'm cheating or some shit.Despite everything I love Corey I really do, but things haven't been the same for a while now.Yea I've thought about leaving him but we have so much history,I can't really see myself with anyone else.We've been together for 4 years now,we met when I was a sophomore in college and he was a senior.I was there for him when his brother died,when he couldn't find a job and struggled with alcohol...I just can't leave him.

My thoughts are interrupted when I get a text from him.

Corey-Stop calling me damn
-I'm worried about you Corey,where are you?

I text him back immediately but he doesn't respond,that just put me in a bad mood.I sigh and get up to make dinner for myself,since he wants to act out he can find something to eat on his own.

After I finish eating I brush my teeth and head to bed,It's almost 12 and he's still not back.I sigh and turn off the light,I fall asleep pretty easily...but I'm woken up, in what feels like a couple minutes, by Corey pushing me."Move over you're taking up the whole bed."He says and I rub my eyes,he lays down and tries to sleep but I turn on the light and sit up."Turn that shit off."
"No Corey where have you been?"I ask and he groans turning to face me."No where."He slurs and I know he's drunk."Are you drunk?"I ask and he laughs at me making me upset."I had a couple drinks here and there."He says lying and I frown at him,he just bites his lip at me."Corey what happened at work?"I ask him only cuz he hasn't been drinking like this,he only drinks when something is bothering him.

As soon as I ask him that he frowns and sucks his teeth."Nothing fucking happened I just wanted to drink."He says clenching his jaw and I reach over and touch his hand."You can tell me--"
"No I can't!Just leave me alone Keyonee!"He yells and I jump at the loudness of his voice."Ok I'm so--"I say trying to apologize for getting him riled up but he cuts me off."Fuck this shit."He says climbing out of bed taking his pillow and the entire cover with him.I watch him leave and instead of following I just go get a blanket and go back to sleep.

***In the morning***

When I wake up I brush my teeth and do my hygiene,I have to be at work at noon so I actually have time for a real breakfast.When I walk out into the living room I see Corey lying on the couch fast asleep,I decide to wake him up because I know he has to be at work soon.I grab an aspirin and some orange juice and sit next to him.

"Corey,Corey,Corey."I repeat until he starts to stir.He sits up and rubs his eyes and I smile slightly at him,I want to put last night behind us."Here baby."I say and he takes the aspirin and juice,he swallows it and I take the cup back putting it on the table.I rub his thigh as we sit in silence,but then he pushes my hand and stands up.I stand up and stop him from walking to our room by putting my hand on his shoulder.He jerks back almost hitting me in the face and I jump away from him.

"Corey I need you to talk to me."I plead and he sighs shaking his head,I frown cuz Ion know what's up with him."Ion wanna talk Keyonee."He says looking me dead in my eyes and I slowly reach for his hand."I promise whatever is on your mind you feel better after you tell me."I say smiling a little, trying to convince him but he laughs mockingly."Every time I tell you something you run a tell your family how horrible I am,how is that supposed to make me feel better."He spits at me and I scrunch my eyebrows up cuz I'm confused."Corey all I do is defend you!"I say and he stares me down,he's always accusing me of shit."You're lying,why do they hate me then?"He asks raising his voice and I shake my head not wanting to answer that question."I'm done trying with you."I say walking away but he grabs my arm quickly."Don't walk away from me Keyonee."He says and I yank my arm back,who the fuck does he think he is."Don't fucking grab me Corey!"I yell and he moves me closer to get in my face."Or what?You're gonna get your bitch ass brothers on me?"He asks smirking and that pisses me off even more."Don't talk about my family."I say through gritted teeth and he laughs at me."You act as if I'm the piece of shit holding you back,you and your family judge every little thing I do...but honestly I could do better than you,I'm just doing you a favo--"I cut his demeaning speech off by slapping him hard.

He looks at me and I hold my gaze,I open my mouth to say something but he slaps me back harder.I hold my face and feel my eyes water,I can't hold in my tears as he just looks down at me."Don't you ever put your fucking hands on me again."He spits before walking into our room and I just cry looking at the ground,I never thought he would put his hands on me.
----------
The second part guys comment what you think!
First person to comment gets a shoutout!
Follow me on insta @http.w3ndy
I changed both Keyonee and Corey's characters I just wasn't feeling them