Keyonee

Trystan in MM
"Kai did you need anything?"I ask standing in front him and he pauses before shaking his head,I smile."I'm a get you some seaweed."
"Hell no Key!"He says and I laugh walking towards the kitchen,I go to the closet and look on my shelf for my seaweed strips.Ion know why but I think anything with seaweed is so good.

I go back out and sit next to him,he's going through my phone."Kai!"I say snatching it and he shrugs unapologetically."You got a text."He says and when I look I see its from Corey so I get nervous."Did you read it?"I ask nervously and he shakes his head so I sigh in relief."I picked it up like as soon as you came back."He huffs and I laugh nervously,Ion want him seeing any bad texts from him."Good."

Corey- You better get your ass back home Keyonee.

I just glance at his text and decide to not respond,I've been here for a week and I haven't talked him.When Kai got injured I packed enough stuff for 3 weeks cuz I kinda already made my mind to stay awhile."Sooo Corey is ok with you staying here?"Kai asks after a little while and I just lie and nod."Yup he understands that I need to be here for you."I say giving a fake smile and he looks like he doesn't believe me."How long are you staying?"He asks and I strech,yawning.."Probably like another week or two...or until you get used to the crutches."I say and he nods before changing the channel,we watch Trey's game from last night until the doorbell rings."That's probably Trystan."I say and he nods,I get up and go to open the front door.

Trystan is this girl that went to Baylor with me and we ended up having a lot of classes together cuz I wanted to be a nurse and she became a physical therapist.We weren't super close but ended up staying in touch after graduating.When Kai's doctors said he needed physical therapy I immediately thought of her cuz I know she lives in Springfield.She was excited to come and help,one because she said she's been looking for work.And two,because she's a big fan of Kai.

When I open the door she smiles at me and we hug."How are you?"I ask once we pull away and she laughs shrugging."As good as I can be."She says making me laugh and we catch up as we walk to the living room,when we get there Kai turns around and smiles at her."Hi I'm Kai."He says trying to stand up and Trystan goes over and sits him back down."You shouldn't be exerting yourself especially over me."She says and he laughs sticking his hand out."I'm Trystan..with a Y."She introduces herself and he laughs again."Oh sorry its just something I tell people cuz when I don't the next question is "Isn't that a boy's name?"."She rambles and I chuckle while Kai looks amused,she looks at us before tucking her hair behind her ear."My bad I'm talking way too much.How about I just check your knee real quick."She says kneeling down rolling up his sweatpants,I just stand by and watch.While she's working Kai looks over at me and mouthes,"she's cute."I just roll my eyes but I was hoping he would like her,I think they would be a great couple.

"You're healing really well but I think you gotta wait at least one more week for us to start therapy."She says and I nod,I figured that much but Kai has been moping around cuz of Erin and I thought meeting Trystan would do something for him.So far it's working....She moves to stand up and Kai helps her,they look into each others eyes for a second and she laughs pulling away.

"Ok well just gets lots of rest and I'll be back in a week."She says and he smiles at her making me happy,he hasn't been smiling as much."Can't wait.It was great meeting you Trystan."She says smiling before sticking her hand out and he shakes his head laughing."Nah we're friends now."He says reaching up for a hug and she laughs before they hug,I see him whisper something and she laughs and pulls away.She walks over to me and we hug."Thanks Trystan."
"No problem,I should be thanking you Key."She says as I walk her to the door and I laugh."Lets just agree to thank each other."I laugh and she nods laughing."Will you be here next week?"She asks and I raise my eyebrow ready to tease her."Do you want me to be here?You and Kai seemed fine without me."I tease and she laughs putting her hands up,I can see her getting a little shy."Of course Key...wait you think he likes me?"She whispers tucking her hair behind her ear and I nod."Y'all would be the cutest thing."I say and she looks down smiling her ass off."I gotta go Key but I'll text you."She says and I nod pulling her into another hug."Bye."

"Damn Key you didn't tell me Trystan was that fine."He says when I sit down and I chuckle."Fine?You gotta try to sound less like Trey Kai."I joke and he sucks his teeth,throwing a pillow at me."She's beautiful and funny and nice and--and..and..."He stutters and I look at him hopefully."And not Erin."He sighs and I shake my head sighing,I wish he would stop thinking bout her."That's a good thing Kai!Erin is not what you need."I say and he nods slowly,I was on her side before but after her not coming to the hospital I'm done with her."I know and Trystan would be the perfect distraction."He says smiling slightly and I grin at him."Trey is that you?"I joke and he laughs shaking his head.

As it gets late me and Kai watch a movie and when I start feeling sleepy I go to my room,I head right for the bathroom and start washing my face.When I'm done I look at the brusies on my neck and shake my head.I started to really cake the makeup on my neck so the bruises are completely covered,when I see them at the end of the day my heart always drops.

I braid my hair and when I'm bout to leave Kai walks into the bathroom."You left your pho--"He stops and looks at me and sees my neck,he puts the phone down and I move to cover it but he grabs my hands."Keyonee what the fuck?!"He yells and I pull away from him as I cover my neck."It's nothing."I say trying to move past him and he follows me out the bathroom."Keyonee is that nigga putting his hands on you?!"He asks and before I answer he talks."I'm gonna kill him."He repeats twice before pulling his phone out and I turn around quickly."What are you doing?"I ask him even though I know he's calling Dad or Trey."I'm texting Trey and dad to hop on the next flight to Houston."He says and I snatch his phone,I put it behind my back and he starts for me."No Kai!Y'all will hurt him!"I say about to cry and his jaw drops,I know I sound stupid to him."Keyonee he hurt you!"He yells and my tears drop,Ion know how to explain it to him."I know but I love him and--"
"Aw hell no Keyonee miss me with that bullshit.This man has been disrespecting you for years and now he has the audacity to touch you?!How can you love him?!"He asks and instead of answering I decide to turn things on him."The same way you still love Erin."I say and he's silent,we sit in silence and then he just hugs me."It's not the same Key...Erin has never physically hurt me."He says and I avoid his eyes as he looks at my bruises,I just feel so embarrassed."We deserve better Key,you deserve better.I need you to promise me that you'll leave him or I will beat his ass.Scratch that,I'm beating his ass regardless."He says and I just nod,at this point leaving Corey is a huge possibility.