Chapter 37

Love //

I really felt bad about what happened awhile ago. I didn't know that a talk about mother is a sensitive topic for Mark. And into my stupidity, I talked carelessly about JB's mom that most probably made Mark remembered his mom, remembered some sad memories.

"Aika already told me," I started off and Mark started to became more tense.

"W-What did she tell you?" He stuttered obviously being uncomfortable to his seat.

"He told me that the probable reason why you flipped out earlier is because...of your mom." I narrated and I think he just stopped from breathing for seconds. "Mark? A-Are you ok?" I asked worriedly as I came closer to him.

When I tapped his shoulder he snapped out, "H-Huh? I mean yeah, I'm just ok." I raised an eyebrow as response, "Really, I'm just ok Love." He confirmed and offered me a small smile. "It's just, hearing a talk about my mom is kinda uncomfortable to me. So, can we not talk about that now?" He caressed the back of his neck as he looked everywhere but to me.

It must be a really sensitive topic to him.

"Of course." I replied with a smile, "I'll leave you here now then and I'll take shower also." I told him and about to walk away when he stopped me. I turned to him giving him questioning look.

"Aika, is still inside though?" He said.

"I know," I nodded. "We decided to take shower together since you only have one bathroom here and besides we're both girls Mark, if you happened to forget about that." I explained and let out a low chuckle.

He then let go of my hand without saying any words and I just leave it that way.

---

Next day came and after some arguments I finally won against Mark and he let me go to school today. I really wonder why I'm letting him to tell me what to do? When did I started following orders especially orders from Mark
Tuan?

"Thanks for dropping me." I told him as I he pulled over in front of our building. We dropped Aika first at her school before coming here since her class is earlier than us.

"Text me half an hour before your class ended so I won't be late on picking you up." He instructed and since I don't want any arguments with him anymore I just agreed and nodded my head.

He unbuckled my seatbelt and then he came out from the car and opened the door for me. He held his hand out to me to assist me. I looked at him then to his hand and to him again.

I opened my mouth but was cut off before I can spit any word. "Don't, we will both be late if you say anything right now." Mark said expressionless and he was right. I pressed my lips in a thin line and acted to zip an imaginary zipper. He shook his head in disbelief and I just grinned at him.

I took his hand with my good hand. "Thanks" I said as I offered a smile. "Now go, you'll be late already if you stay any longer." I told him as I lightly pushed him.

"You know I still have time to walk you to your class." He offered but I declined.

"No, I'm good. You go now." I shooed him towards his car, he let out a sigh of defeat then nodded his head. "Have a good day, Drive safely!" I told him and waved my hand on him. He looked at me for one last time before climbing back to his car.

He's really worried eh?

When his car was already out of sight, I turned around and about to walk towards my first class when I realized people were looking at me.

"That's Mark Tuan, right?"

"Yeah, is he dating her?"

"Dating? He don't do dating, he plays."