Chapter 17

Love //

I can't believe that I really did puke on Mark's beloved car. I think I really overdid it last night. And I also know that I did something really crazy by just seeing Mark's reactions. There's a part of me that wants to know everything I did but there's also the part that I don't want to know it anymore.

I'm scared

Ugh! Whatever! I still need to wash his car that really stinks because of my puke.

"You know, you don't need to do this, you know? I can just bring this to the car wash." Mark piped up wearing troubled face while leaning against the wall beside the door, what's with that face? "Just go inside already, you're getting lot of attention from guys passing by because you're just wearing an oversized shirt and my boxers you know that's dangerous, don't you?" He lectured, wait? Is he troubled because of that?

"I'm just ok, I can handle this. It's my fault why your car smells gross so, let me clean it. Take this as a thank you for taking care of me last night." I started off then beamed him a smile, "And also, isn't it more dangerous to be alone with you inside your house? You might not control yourself this time, you know?" I smirked trying to teased him and I succeeded because his face up to his ears easily turned red, "Oh you're blushing? So cute!" I giggled.

"I'm not!" He denied, "You know, I really don't get you anymore. Are you still drunk? Why you acting so strange? It's like you're no longer the same person from the first day we've met?" He shot me lot of questions but he just want to know why did I suddenly changed, right?

"Why so, don't you like it?" I started off, "Do you prefer that grumpy girl from the past?" I said as I raised an eyebrow.

"It's not that, I actually...like it." He shyly admitted, "But, why did you suddenly change? Is this how hangover take effect on you, then tomorrow or later on you'll be back to that grumpy girl who hates me so much?" I chuckled after hearing his discussions, "What's funny?" He asked narrowing his eyes on me.

"Nothing, it's just, your way of thinking about things is kinda amusing." I continued chuckling while he raised an eyebrow in response, "Ok, ok, I'll answer your question now," I started off then cleared my throat, "Im not being like this because of "hangover", this is actually the real me, Mark." I confessed while air-quoting the word hangover.

"Really?" He questioned, "Then why are you acting like you're grumpy, and you seldom smile unlike now? Wait, don't tell me being innocent and clueless about love is just also an act?" How can a guy be so nosy and talkative like this?

"Like what I've said before, I'm just innocent and clueless about the feeling of being in love so, that's not just an act and I really need your help about it." I explained to answer his question, "Also, if you're going to help me cleaning your beloved car then can we already start on it? Because the sun's rays is getting hotter already."

"Ok," he nodded then got himself up to start with our car washing agenda, "But wait, you haven't answered my question about why are you trying to hide the real you? Do you have an acceptable reason for that?" He repeated his question from earlier, I actually didn't answer it on purposed, because I somewhat don't want to talk about it, but I guess I can tell him some?

"I stopped showing this side of me to everyone including my parents on my last year in middle school," I started off, "Why? Simply because I found out that I'm not the person I thought I was." I muttered and he gave me a questioning look that made me chuckled, "So, that means before I experience what's the feeling of being in love I already turned to that grumpy girl who doesn't care and believe everything about what so called "love"." I said air-quoting the word love and after that statement his eyebrows was knitted together.

"Huh? Your statements confused me?" He said while his eyebrows still knitted together, "What do you mean by you found out that you're not the person you thought you were?" He asked.

"What I mean is," I bended my knees to reach for the water hose as I thought of some kinda evil plan, "What I mean is that, you already stink so, take this!" I shouted then direct the water on him.

"Yah Love! Stop It!" He complained as he kept running away from me but I chased him like a maniac, "Love Rivera, I'm warning you stop this already, now!" He growled still running away from me but because I'm enjoying his sufferings I didn't follow him and continued soaking him with water while laughing like a small kid.

He suddenly stopped running away and now he's going to my direction so, I was the one who's running away now

He suddenly stopped running away and now he's going to my direction so, I was the one who's running away now. But because he have longer legs and faster than me he easily caught me.

"Gotcha!" He shouted as he locked me into his arms.

"Fine, fine, I'll stop now," I surrendered while catching my breaths, "So, can you please let go of me now?" I begged as I looked up to see his face.

"Nope!" He shook his head then a curve was formed on the side of his lips making me gulp, what the heck is he planning to do? "Not until you're also soaked with water!" He then snatched the hose on my hand and put it above our heads and we showered together.

"What the fuck, Mark?!" I shouted as I tried to release myself from his tight hold, damn it! He's really strong?! "Mark Tuan, stop this already?!" I protested still struggling for my freedom.

"You know that I'm way stronger than you, right?" He said proudly, "So, stop struggling already, you're just wasting your effort and energy." He smirked, "And also, I'm not the only one here who haven't take a shower yet, you also! So now, let's take a shower together!" He shouted still continuing soaking the both of us but not until a familiar car stopped in front of us.