Chapter 27

Mark //

I woke up with the sound of my phone, someone's calling, who might it be? I slowly shifted from the bed and without even opening my eyes I grabbed my phone that if I was right I placed on the top of side table. I searched using my hand still half asleep and when I finally found it I slid the lock button, "Hello" I answered with my morning voice.

"Hello Mark, it's me your Aunt Mary" the mysterious early caller introduced herself, she's my father's younger sister that lives at that guy's house, "Sorry if I called you this early but we have a problem." I scratched my eyes and moved my phone in front of my eyes to check the time, it's only seven in the morning.

"It's ok Aunt, so what's the problem?" I started off as I placed my other hand on my forehead, aunt only calls me if it concerns Aika. "What did my sister do this time?" I followed up and even I can't see Aunt's face I know that she's in panic, she's breathing heavily and mumbling things that I can't understand, "Aunt Mary, tell me what did Aika did this time?" I repeated my question with more stern tone.

"She's missing." Aunt answered lowly but loud enough to jolted me from the bed.

"What?! Aika is missing?!" I shouted in worried, "Since when? What really happened?!" Now I know why Aunt's panicking, it's the same reason why I'm also panicking now.

"W-When I went to her room half an hour ago to call her for breakfast I arrived to an empty room. We already looked around the whole house but she and also steak were nowhere to be found, we also called the guardhouse and when they checked the CCTV they saw them went out of the village." Aunt narrated, "I'm sorry Mark, it's all my fault not carefully looking after her, I'm really sorry." Aunt started crying in the other line.

After hearing Aunt's story I've became more worried and started become uneasy. Damn it! Where did she go?! What are you thinking this time Michaela! "Don't cry anymore Aunt, I'll search for her now. Contact me immediately if you have any news ok?" As I hung up, I immediately stood and rushed outside the room.

"Mark? What's wrong? Why are you in hurry? And what's with that face? Something happened?" Love who's at the kitchen preparing breakfast worriedly asked but I have no time to chat now, I have to find Aika.

"Something came up, I have to go." I shortly answered and headed out the door without waiting for a response. As I opened the door a loud bark surprised me, "S-Steak? Aika!" I felt a huge weight lifted from my heart as I saw steak together with Aika who was smiling brightly standing in front of the gate.

"Good morning Mark!" She greeted with a big grin on her face. I then heaved a deep sigh then walked towards them with anger on my face, "What?" She innocently asked but her cuteness won't be useful at this moment.

"Michaela Tuan!" I called her on her full name that tensed her up, "What on earth came up to your mind and you did this, huh?! Did you know how worried you made everyone are?!" I scolded her as I thrown my hands in the air dramatically.

She looked down while pouting her lips and within a matter of seconds I can already hear her sobbing, "Y-You haven't...visited me and steak for a whole month, we...both miss you so much that's why." She whined in between her sobs that taken me aback due to guilt, "If you don't want me her then I'm sorry for disturbing you, goodbye." She suddenly ran away and steak barked loudly at me and followed her.

"Yah Mark Tuan! What the hell are you still doing there?!" I heard Love shouted out of nowhere, "Aist! You're such an idiot!" She hissed then ran after my sister and dog.

Love //

Mark suddenly rushed out from the room that startled me and he looked so worried. I asked him but he looked like he was really in hurry so, he just gave me a quick and short answer. He went out of the door and before he close it I heard a loud bark of a dog that made my eyes grew wider but when I heard unfamiliar voice, it's a girl's voice I snapped back to earth.

I then remembered Mark's dog steak and his sister. So, I immediately guested that it was steak and Aika but I suddenly heard Mark scolding her that caught my attention so, I checked them out.

I saw a girl crying, around the age of Mark's sister so, I assumed that it was her plus a huge white St. Bernard dog beside her.

"If you don't want me here then I'm sorry for disturbing you, goodbye." She muttered then suddenly ran away and it seems that Steak didn't like what Mark did so he barked at him then ran after Aika. Mark was left dumbfounded and became a statue not moving on the spot he was standing at after seeing her sister crying.

"Yah Mark Tuan! What the hell are you still doing there?!" I suddenly blurted out probably in annoyance, he turned to me with surprised face. "Aist! You're such an idiot!" I hissed then I ran after Steak and Aika.

They're fast but good thing I can still keep up on them. "Aika, wait!" I shouted that made her stopped. She turned to me and wore questioning look, probably thinking who I am and why do I know her. I slowed my pace as they finally stopped, I smiled at her but my smile immediately faded as I saw a car fast approaching at her direction, "Aika, look out!"

---

A/N

Hello guys! Sorry for short update, I'll just make up with you on the next update BUT! I have an announcement to make, I've read this story (yeah, I do read my own stories :3 ) and saw lots of errors, typos, etc. that made my head ached so badly. =_= I'm using mobile in writing and updating so, that can't be help, I guess? So now about the announcement. I'll edit the prior chapters first before posting the next chapter it might take long because I'm still busy with school but I'll try my best to do it as fast as I can. I hope you guys will understand. /bows 90 degrees/

And of course, I want to thank those who are reading this story and my other stories. Thanks for voting and the comments. I really do appreciate it! ^w^v Gomawo~!!!

Please continue supporting not only this story but also my other stories. Pretty gorgeous please~ /do aegyo/

Ok then, until the next update! Annyeong~ for now. ^w^