Chapter 22

Love //

After twenty minutes of drive I finally arrived at Mark's house. Since Uncle Lucas won't be here with me I took my own car with me so that I won't have hard time getting a cab when going to school. I also don't want to disturb Mark to drop me at my university and if he'll drive me to school the whole week people especially girls might think that we're on a relationship or what, and I don't want that to happen.

Just like what he told me earlier he already locked the door and the lights were off. When I entered, I saw that the light inside his room was still on. "He's still awake? Or he just don't like turning the lights off when sleeping?" I then turned on the lights at the living room and carefully carried my another baggage inside so that if he's already sleeping I won't wake him up.

It's somewhat heavy so I decide to just get a pjs and leave it at the living room for tonight. I then went upstairs at his room to take shower, why builded just only one bathroom, huh? I didn't knock anymore because he might be in the middle of his sleep but when I came in I saw his bed empty, "Where is he? Is he still outside? But his car was already there?" I raised an eyebrow due to confusion. My eyes then turned to the bathroom, he might just be inside doing some business.

I walked towards the door of the bathroom then started knocking, "Mark, are you there?" I piped up but received no answers, "Hey Mark Tuan, are you in there?" I asked again then leaned my ear to somewhat have an idea if he's really inside, but I can't hear anything so, I concluded that he might went out again with his friends. I turned the knob and opened the door, my eyes widened as I saw Mark lying on the floor.

"Mark! Mark, can you hear me? Hey!" I shouted as I shook his body checking if he's conscious, all I received was I soft groan. He's body feels hot and his whole face was all pale, "Damn it! What happened to you? You're having a high fever." I took his hands then do a maneuver to carry him though he's heavier than me. Good thing I'm a student nurse so, I'm knowledgable with this kind of situation.

I placed him at his bed while I went to the bathroom to get a basin of room temperature water and two towels, one is to use for tsb(tepid sponge bath) and the other one to dry his skin to lower his body temperature. He's already shirtless so, I just took off his pants leaving him with just his boxers. I wiped then dried all parts of his body, his face, neck, chest, back, and extremities. After that I dressed him up with shirt and a sweat pants that I found on his wardrobe. I checked his temperature and its somewhat went down already, he got sick maybe because he was soaked with water for long time earlier.

"This is all my fault," I stated then let out a deep sigh, "I'm so sorry, you're kind to me but I always gives you trouble, I'm really sorry Mark." I put a cooling pad on his forehead then covered him with not so thick blanket, he still need a proper ventilation. I got up then check the a.c. and put it in just moderate level. I wonder if he already eat something? Oh well, I'll just prepare something for him to eat when he woke up.

When I was about to go I heard him groaned that made me looked back to him to check him up, "Mark, are you o-...woah!" He suddenly pulled me down to the bed then locked me into his arms, "Yah Mark, get off of me, will you?" I complained while trying to removed his very tight hug on me.

"Mm..." He groaned, "Please, d-don't leave me...mom." Wait? Did he just called me mom? No, it's not me, it's his real mom. When I looked up on his face I saw a drop of tears came out from his eyes, seems like this tough pervert player misses his mom already?

Mark //

When I woke up it's already six o'clock in the morning, my eyes twitched seeing Love sleeping soundly on my arm. "What is she...what happened?" I then felt a slight pain on my head that made me groaned and caressed it. I found a cooling pad placed on my forehead that reminded me that last night I was about to take shower when suddenly my sight became blurry and my surroundings start spinning. So, I fainted and Love was the one who carried me up to here? How can she managed to carry me from the bathroom from here? Well, she's a student nurse so, she might have her ways, right?

She's sleeping so soundly, she look so harmless if you look at her like this but he's not that harmless. She's actually a dangerous girl, a dangerous girl with angelic face. Some strands of her hair were covering her face so, I gently removed it so that I won't wake her up but I failed. She started moving and groaning then she slowly opened her eyes while looking up to me.

"Mark? You're finally awake." She started off as she rubbed her eyes with her hand, "How's your feeling? Do you still feel dizzy or what?" She caressed the side of my face then to my neck that made me gulped. Is she trying to make fun of me again? Maybe not, she's trying to check if I still have fever, isn't she? "You're not that hot anymore, thank god." She stated then let out a deep sigh as a sign of relief. So, she's worried about me? "But you still need to take your meds, wait a minute." She beamed me a smile then got up.

"W-Wait!" I suddenly stopped her by grabbing her hand unconsciously, what was that huh Mark Tuan? She then gave me questioning look, "Ah...nothing, never mind." I said then wore an awkward smile.

"I'll just get something to eat downstairs, you can't take meds with empty stomach, you know?" She explained then tapped my hand that was grasping her wrist, "Don't worry, I'll be back. I won't leave you." She stated while wearing a warm smile that made my heart skipped a beat. She then went out the door already to grabbed something to eat just like what she said.

"W-What the hell was that?" I muttered as I placed my hand over my chest, "How can she affect me like that? Am I really...falling for her?" I shook my head hoping that I can remove that thought from me, I can't fall for her, I can't let myself fall for her. I'll just surely end up hurting her, especially when she found out who I really am. Mark Tuan, control your feelings, you can't fall for Love, you can fall for any other girls but not with Love Rivera, the girl that that guy wanted for you. "Ugh! Of all girls around there, why do it needs to be her?"