Chapter fourty-one

*Matt's POV*

"Come on Matt! Stop being such a baby and drink it!" Anna laughed. I looked at the coffee she had in her hand and gagged. I hated coffee so much. I shook my head and she wined.
"Matt!" She faked a pout.
"Ugh. Fine." I took the coffee and drank it, afterwards spitting it out. I saw Jane smiling at this and I held a smirk. She bit onto a pickle, with all of her knowledge for my hate at pickles. After we ate, we walked off to the park and watched Anna swing on the swing set. She's a nice girl.
"I really like her" Jane smiled.
"Me too." I said, holding Janes hand.

      A little while later we were going out to the Hollywood sign, because Anna told us that she had never visited, and she had only came to California for her cancer treatment. She was originally from New York.

     Alas, we stopped at what we were used to calling the main road of LA, in which I explained to Anna, that we basically only had nineteen main roads throughout California, but in LA, there was one. She explained to me that I'm New York there were more main roads than in LA, which I understood considering that New York and California might be bigger than NY, but NY had just a little bit more people.

     Thinking about this, and discussing it made me think about Virginia and how my mom and dad were doing, and if they had cared about me and Jane, because since I've gotten here they haven't called me at all. Maybe I had done just enough to piss them off, or maybe they just needed to think about how to plan the rest of my life. Jane looked at me, flashing me her famous grin. She had the best smile. Finally, Anna walked over to me, handed me her phone and said "will you mind taking a pic of me and Jane? I want my friends to believe me when I say that I met the prettiest girl in the world." She smiled. I nodded and took the photo for her.

   Pretty soon the day was over, and we all took one last photo. I promised Anna I'd see her again next Saturday, and she smiled.
    Next Saturday never came.
__

   I walked down the hallway of the hospital Saturday morning to Anna's room, when I saw that the bed was neatly arranged. I figured maybe she went to another room, so I asked the doctor.
"I'm afraid that Anna is no longer suffering. She's gone Mr. Espinosa. She thanks you for your time-"
"BULLSHIT! That is bullshit." I cried.
"Mr. Espinosa, we can only hope that she fought her hardest, and that she will be remembered greatly, but not widely."
"Yeah. Don't give me that cancer bullshit. Everyone 'fights' cancer. Well.. Those who have it anyways, but that's bullshit." I explained. He gave me a dirty look, in which I accepted and left. He's not the best doctor. In fact, I've seen five year olds that could make a better Doctor.

    I went home and found that Jane was on the couch.
"Where's Anna?! Did you get here?" She smiled, excited. How was I to tell her?
"Anna" I began "is no longer suffering from personhood"

    And together, but lovingly... We cried. We sobbed our tears, to mourn for the dead, and for the dying. Maybe we'd be lucky enough to meet another person as great as her. I will forever hold Anna in my heart, and may Jane too.
___

   The next day, Anna's mom had called us and told us that she wanted us at her funeral, which would be in four days.
     Jane had been acting strange lately, and I don't know why. She had been sleeping more than she was walking, she had been more quiet, she read the same book over and over and over and over again. She must have read it eleven times in the past week. Maybe Anna meant a lot to her.
💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎

A/N: I haven't updated because I've been reading and focusing on grades, but anyways I'm back into it. My birthday is on May 5th, which is this Thursday, so I won't be updating Thursday but I will have another chapter out between today and tomorrow because I owe it to you all.