Chapter six

A/N: i just realized that there's school tomorrow. Yay I get to go to school and sit next to bitches and fuckboys! Woohoo! (Note my sarcasm)
*Jane's POV*
I felt Matthew's lips touch mine and I immediately felt butterflies to my stomach. He let go, and I looked down.
We heard a knock at the door... At 1:00AM. I walked to the door and answered it to see Nash, Cameron, Johnson, Gilinsky, a girl, and Aaron.
"Hi I'm Madison!" She smiled. God she was gorgeous. I suppose she was dating one of the boys.
"I'm Jane" I smiled. Johnson hugged me, and Matt's face got red with jealousy.
"What's up?" Matt asked
"We all wanted to hang" Johnson smiled
"So spend the night!" I squealed. I hadn't had a sleepover since I was twelve, if we weren't counting me living with Matt. Nash kissed my cheek, and Madison hugged me.... Tightly. I love her enthusiasm. Me and her decided to go get in the pool, that was on our terrace (idk how to spell it, but it's like a fancy word for balcony, that people have at penthouses) I got in my bathing suit, and kicked my feet around in the water on the side of the pool with Madison beside me.
"So how are things with Matt?" She smiled.
"Good, I guess" I frowned at the thought that she could date freely on her own choice, and I had to marry Matt, by force. I felt like Matt was falling in love with me, and I didn't want him too. Madison smiled, and we heard a sudden splash in the pool and screamed in sync. All the boys had jumped in, and got us wet. Gilinsky  walked up to us.
"Madison, baby lets swim together" he smiled. She jumped on his back and they took off in the pool. I'm guessing they were a couple. I sat there watching everyone swim, and I got my phone out and scrolled through Instagram. I had noticed that I had more than 1.9 million followers. I had that many to begin with because I was a YouTuber. I noticed that I had 3.5 million, and in the comments I saw:

      Matthewespinosaismybae: are you and Matthew dating?!
    Espinosaslaugh: agh I ship Jatthew!
   Lolespinosa: can u back le fuk off my husband?!

I ignored the comments, and saw Matthew coming towards me. Why did I get so much hate on Matthew and I being engaged? I looked up his username, knowing that I never looked him up before and saw that he had a celebrity check mark. I'm engaged to a famous person?! I put my phone down and saw Matthew in front of me.
"Hi" he smiled
"Hey...." I said peeking at my phone again.
"Wanna swim?" He asked
"I'm not a swimmer" I said shyly.
"So?" He said putting me on his back.
"Matthew, I still have my phone!" I said cautiously. He took my phone and sat it on my towel, and put me on his shoulders.
"Hold your breath" he said going under. I held my breath, and saw all of the boys legs. I saw Madison on Gilinsky's back and he splashed me with water. I kissed Matthew's neck just to see what he would do. Matthew got ready to throw me in the water. I got scared of drowning. Okay Jane! Think of something that makes you happy! Uh... Food, puppies, kittens, bunnies, music, Matthew, shoes... WAIT MATTHEW?! MATTHEW MAKES ME HAPPY?! Yeah... Matthew does make me happy. I thought to myself. Matthew threw me, and I had three seconds to catch my breath. I hit the water, and Matthew smiled. I finally realized something....

                       I like Matthew.

I felt myself getting cold. Madison walked over to me, and we went inside. We sat on the couch scrolling through our Instagram's I read more comments.

    Jatthew: OMG YOU AND MATTHEW ARE MT OTP FOREVER!
   Janeisafakeassbitchhastings: go die in a hole Jane, Matt is mine!
   Leah_nichole: you're so pretty!
   Starbucksismylife: why Matthew? Can't you see that you're getting so much hate for being with him? Just dump him so everyone's happy.
Jatthew: @ starbucksismylife not everyone would be happy. I ship them!
  That started a major comment war, so I got off of Instagram, and waited for Matthew and the others to come in. I heard Lilly call me so I answered.
(J-Jane L-Lilly)
{phone call}
L- "hey Jane!"
J- "hey Lil!"
L- "what's up?"
J- "nothing, just scrolling through Instagram."
L- "I read a lot of comments on your page... I feel so bad for all the hate you're getting"
J- "yeah. I can't really help it though. I just have to deal with it." I saw Matthew walk in.
L- "yeah, just wait 'till they find out you're engaged" she giggled
J- "yeah... I gotta go..."
L- "okay, love you!" She made a kiss noise and hung up.
   Matthew gestured for me to follow him and took him to the empty room, where we film our YouTube videos at.
"Jane..." He frowned
"Yeah?"
"I have to tell you something...."
"What-" I was cut off by my phone ringing.
"Give me a second" I smiled.
I answered. It was an unknown caller.
(J-Jane U- unknown caller)
{phone call}
J- "h-hello?"
U- "check Matthews tagged photos on Instagram"
J- "why?"
U- "just do it!"
The line went blank.
"Give me a second Matthew..." I frowned
"what?" He asked
"I've gotta... Uh... I gotta... USE THE BATHROOM!" I said running to the bathroom, locking the door. I went on Instagram to Matthews tagged photos. I scrolled far down, and saw a picture of him making out with a girl. Not a peck on the cheek. MAKING OUT!!! My eyes started to water. I walked over to the medicine cabinet.
I grabbed a razor and started to slit my wrists (sorry fam 🚀I counted them as I cut.
         1. For being me
         2. For being hated
         3. For being worthless
         4. For being fat
         5. For being a bitch
         6. For Matthew
  I started to do the same amount of cuts on my other arm, for the same reason. For whatever reason.... I wanted to die. I saw the window in the bathroom, and decided to hide on the roof for the night. Maybe I'd freeze to death. It was March after all.
I opened the roof, I was on the fiftieth floor of the penthouse building. I sat there on the roof I heard Matt open the bathroom door, but he didn't know that I was out here. I heard him call for me, as I watched through the window. I noticed him pick up my bloody blade that was on the floor. I had forgotten to hide it from him. He didn't know all the horrible things that I did. I sat on the roof, and listened to the conversation inside. I know that they were in the living room, but I could hear every move they made. I had to wedding shop with my mom tomorrow. Hopefully while I was sleeping, I would roll off the roof.  I heard Matthew calling my phone I listened to my phone ring. The phone went silent, but he called again. I turned my phone on silent, and watched the moon the lit the night sky. For once I had cared about someone and not even an hour after I realize it... I find out he's making out with other girls. Matthew kept calling, but I silently listened to the conversation inside.
"Where is she?!" Matt cried
"Where was she last at?" Nash asked
"The bathroom..." Madison cut in
"There was a blade on the ground with blood..." Matt sobbed
"Do you think she-" Johnson was cut off by Matt
"I know she did." He sobbed harder. I listened as they called for me around the house, but I decided to fall asleep, and hope to got that I roll off the roof in my sleep.

   I woke up the next morning on the roof. I wiped my face, and looked at my phone. I had an endless amount of missed calls by everyone who was there last night. I saw my moms car pull up. I decided to stay up here unless they found me. The sunlight hit my face, and I didn't really care much. I decided to try and find a way down, other than going in through the window. I got up... Still in my high heeled boots from last night. I walked over to the neighbors window, and tapped lightly. A cute boy opened the window.
"Uh, hi..." I smiled
"Hi" he smiled back
"I know that this is awkward, but can I come in through your window? I'm stuck on the roof" i blushed
"Sure!"
I came in through the window, and the boy politely opened the door for me to go out. I quickly ran down the hall just in time, and hid around the corner, seeing that Matt was coming this way. I slid into the closet that held all of the cleaning supplies, and waited for him to pass. I didn't care if I was making a big deal out of this. I looked at my wrists and saw that they were getting infected. I needed to clean them up. I saw the door handle turn, and heard Matthews voice.
"Jane?" He said opening the door slowly. I hid behind the closet door.
"Jane are you in here?" He said looking around.
He left a few minutes later, and I decided to go away. I walked down the hall silently trying to get out of the building. I ran past our penthouse and heard the door swing open.
"Jane?" Matthew said wiping away tears.
"Fuck." I said under my breath.
"Jane.... Are you alright?" He said pulling me into a hug.
"Don't touch me." I said pushing him off of me.
"Jane...."
"No. Go away. Can't you see that I wanna be alone?!" I snapped.
"Jane-"
"No. Don't talk to me." I said walking off. He grabbed my wrist, and I winced in pain.
"Jane what's wrong?" He frowned.
"Don't touch me" I said jerking away.
"What's wrong?" he asked starting to cry.
"Matthew..." I dug my hand into my pockets and grabbed my phone out, and searched up his Instagram username. I looked for the tagged photo, and pulled it up. I showed it to him. He frowned.
"She's a fan." He explained
"Do you kiss all your fans like that?" I said hurt
"No... It was before we got engaged" he frowned
"Then why does the caption say 'had a fun time last weekend with Matthew, can't wait for this weekend'" I frowned
"She's a fan." Matthew said again.
"A fan that you're gonna go see this weekend?"
"No?"
"So that's where you were last weekend when you came home drunk?"
"She went to Cameron's!"
"Whatever Matthew. My moms here." I rolled my eyes. I walked in and saw my mom.
"Hey sweetie!" She smiled
"Mom, I'm so sorry" I cried to her. I saw all the people from last night surrounding us.
"What's wrong baby?" She asked
"Mom, can I talk to you... Alone?" I asked pointing the the terrace. We walked out and I closed the door behind us.
"What is it honey?" She asked rubbing my back. I saw Johnson watching from the inside.
"Matthew's cheating...." I cried
"Aww baby..." She pulled me into a hug
"Mom, I need a few days away from him..."
"Baby, you can come to the house for a little bit" she smiled sympathetically.
"Thank you so much mommy" I cried in her arms.
"You're welcome baby doll."
"Are we going dress shopping?"
"We still have to just in case" she smiled.
We walked out and I saw Matthew on the couch crying. Johnson waved at me, but I ignored him, and walked to our bedroom, and grabbed a bag, and put some clothes in it. I walked out with the bag, and Matthew saw it and started to cry harder. I walked out hand-in-hand with my mom. We went to the car, and went I sat in the back, with Matthew's mom in the front. She saw my tear stained face.
"What's wrong?" She frowned.
"Matthew's cheating" I burst into tears.
"Aww babe" my mom frowned while driving.
My phone vibrated. Matthew sent a text.
(J-Jane M-Matthew)
M- Jane, where are you going?
J- home.
M- you're coming back?
J- I'm going home to my parents Matthew
M- Jane don't leave!
J- Matthew I'm going dress shopping.
M- so we're still getting married?
J- sadly yes. Unless I can convince them that I hate your fucking guts!
M- Jane I'm so sorry!
J- I'm staying with my parents for a little bit. I'll be there when I cool down.
M- okay.
J- bye.
   We pulled up to the dress shop, and a pretty lady that worked there smiled at me.
"Which of you is getting married?" She looked at us.
"Me." I held up my hand miserably.
"Oh..." She looked at me sympathetically.
"How do you want your dress?" She asked.
"Whatever looks good on a miserable eighteen year old" I frowned. She walked to the dress rack, and picked out five dresses, and I walked to the changing room. I slid on a long silk wedding dress that made my chest look bigger. I didn't want to look like I tried for Matthew, so I took it off, and put another one on. It was poofy at the bottom, and tight at the top, with no sleeves. I liked this one. I tried on a tight one that hugged my legs. It was strapless with a lace linen over the chest area. I liked this one the most. I walked out, and my mom whistled. Mrs. Espinosa smiled. I walked over to the mirror. It was a shame that I was wearing my dream dress for someone that I didn't want to spend my life with. My mom drove me to our house with the wedding dress, and I went upstairs to my old bedroom and fell asleep.