Chapter fourteen

A/N: click the picture to see Jane :)

    *Jane's POV*
I walked to the door, and waited on Madison to get here. She had been in the parking lot outside for nearly twenty minutes, on the phone with someone. I decided to go ahead and get some swimsuits out, because I knew we  were gonna swim. I got a royal blue on for me, that was personally made for me. It said: 'Matt's baby girl' on the bikini top. The bottoms had 'this ass belongs to matt' on the back. I had no idea why Matt got me that. When I saw it, I pretended to like it. Madison had one that was personally designed too. Gilinsky bought it for her. Her top said 'I belong to Gilinsky' and her bottoms had a tracing of Gilinsky's hands, in glitter. I had no idea why people bothered to pay $200 for a stupid swimming suit they'd eventually grow out of. I hated people who spent a lot of money. Suddenly Madison knocked. I walked to the door and let her in.
"Hey!" She said hugging me.
"Let's pool it out" I said making a dry pun, as I pulled out the swimming suits. Madison laughed at the joke anyways.
  We got into our swimming suits and jumped in the pool. We decided to take a selfie together and post it on Instagram.
Her caption said: pooling out with the bestie! @ Janeespinosa you're the best!
My caption said: pooling alone with Mads! I love you a lot @ Madisonbeer !
We started to swim while talking about our life's.
"So how's stuff with Jack?" I smiled.
"Good... He's amazing! How about you and Matt?" She smiled
"I know this is stupid.... But i don't even want to get married to him" I frowned
"I understand. I've known Matt for a while. He's got quite the history with girls. I never imagined him settling down" she said turning on the radio, that sat on the terrace. She turned on 'here' and we floated around in the water on inner tubes. We talked, and talked, and talked. She and I decided to have a sleepover, since I told Matt not to bring his drunk ass home. We stayed in the pool, and started telling stories we had with our boyfriends. Mine by force, and hers by choice. I honestly didn't want to live with Matt for another second. It wasn't just the party. I know that we came off so cute, but we argued for three hours every day, and every night we have to watch what he wants to watch. He's basically always bossing me around, and telling me to do this and that for him. Madison's relationship was perfect to me. She even admitted that they didn't fight.
  It was 12:30 am and we were still in the pool. It was a warm night for April. My wedding was May 5th unless my mom and dad were still hospitalized. If they were hospitalized, then it would take place in July. I'd rather it take place never. Why would I marry a douche? I'd rather die.
    "Hey Jane..." Madison finally said.
"Yeah?" I asked
"What's your biggest fear?" She asked
"Well...." And without thinking I said something I'd never thought I'd say. "Losing Matthew"
She smiled sympathetically. I had just realized what I had said. I blushed in embarrassment, and we went inside to watch Netflix.

    *Matthew's POV*
This small get together had turned into a crowded party, with over 300 people there. We all sat in the den, I avoided drinking so that way I could watch after Cameron and the rest of the boys. A few hot girls passed and offered to sit by us but I denied because a lot of the guys had girlfriends. I just hoped that Jane would change her mind and call me, asking me to come home. She didn't though.
   I got up and walked into the kitchen, watching a few fangirls smoke marijuana, and I started to wonder why they weren't flirting with the guys. They looked pretty stoned. I felt like going home and telling Jane that the boys were drunk, but if she found out then Madison would and then Gilinsky would be fucked. I saw a few girls ask me to hit their blunt. I denied saying "naw" and walking off, so they thought that it wasn't a big deal. I walked into the living room seeing a few girls on Nash's little brother, Hayes. They were on his lap, twirling their hair, kissing him. I didn't care for the girls. I cared that he was at the party. I saw a fan come up and hug me.
"Matt!" She smiled.
"Hey... Uh... What's your name?"
"Paisley!" She smiled
"Hi paisley!" I smiled
"I didn't expect to see you here.... Where's Jane?"
"I decided to come, and Jane yelled at me, because her parents are sick." I frowned
"Can you marry me instead of Jane?" She smiled
"Sorry, Jane's the love of my life" I said faking a smile. The girl shrugged and got a few photos with me.
   After all of that, I got sick and tired of hanging around. I grabbed my penny board and walked out, but I got stopped on the porch.
"Matt!" I heard a voice call. I turned around to see Cameron drunk in the living room calling for me. I ignored him, because getting home mattered to me. I got on my penny board, and started for home.

   *Jane's POV*
Madison had dozed off and I was on the couch watching full house. I laughed at the little things. That was probably my favorite show, and it had been a while since I saw it, considering that Matt always got the tv, and when I could have it I had to film YouTube videos. I was eating a sandwich and drinking pop, I saw the moonlight against the floor. It was beautiful, and to make things better; i didn't even think about a person to share the moment with. The commercial break came on, and I heard a knock at the door. It was probably the neighbors complaining about the noise. They had ears like Hawks. I answered the door to see Gilinsky and Johnson. They wore sad faces.
"Hey guys!" I smiled.
"Hey Jane.... Sorry to wake-"
"You didn't wake me!" I smiled cutting off Johnson.
"Well...." Gilinsky frowned.
"What?" I said inviting them in.
"Matthew recked his penny board into a ditch...." Gilinsky said in sorrow.
"Oh? Is he on his way?! Is he okay?!" I frowned.
"Jane, he's in the hospital, but don't worry. He just-"
"Don't worry?!" I said cutting Johnson off and grabbing my car keys. "I'll worry!" I said walking out, slamming the door hard.
   I got in my car, and drove to the hospital that Matt was at. I sat in the car listening to music. "I told him not to go, but SILLY OLD JANE! BOY WAS I WRONG! MATT'S JUST FINE!" I yelled at myself in the car.
    I got to the hospital, and saw that Matt's mom was in the waiting room. She had a sad look, but greeted me with a warm hug.
"I TOLD HIM NOT TO GO!" I said in my most frustrated voice. I was pissed.
"Calm down Jane, he'll be alright" she smiled.
"So any news on what's going on with him right now?" I asked
"He's just got cuts, and he's needing stitches. That's about it." She smiled.
"Why stitches?" I asked.
"He fell, and hit his arm off of a sharp rock. I've been telling him to get rid of that penny board." She nagged.
"Laura, he loves the penny board, and I think he should keep it." I smiled. The nurse gestured for me to go back to Matthew. He was in room 12. I walked back with my visitors pass, and saw that his dad was outside the door. I smiled and walked in. I saw that Matthew was in the hospital bed. He looked like he was fine. He smiled at me.
"MATTHEW LEE ESPINOSA!" I started to yell.
He cut me off by sticking his finger on my lips, and he shushed me.
"I WILL NOT SHUSH!" I shouted. He smiled weakly, as if he thought that I cared about him more than just a partner in business. Why did I say yes to his shitty proposal?! We were getting married, and I'd be taking care of his dumbass!
"Jane, I didn't mean to wreck" he smiled.
"THAT DOES'NT MATTER MATT!" I said wiping the tears away that were streaming down my cheeks. What if Matthew died?! I'd be stuck with nobody! I lost hope in my parents after night three. I'm not letting Matthew die.
"Jane, I tried to get home to you-"
"MATTHEW I TOLD YOU NOT TO COME HOME!" I nagged. I was starting to be like my mom was to me when I left the house.
"Jane, I just wanted to be at Cameron's" he frowned. I hated that he thought that it was okay for him to just sit there and get hurt.
"MATT-" I was cut off by Matthew pressing his lips to mine.
We sat there for a while just holding hands, and passionately kissing, like we were fiancés by choice.
   We heard the door open, and we quickly turned our heads. It was the doctor.
"Mr. Espinosa, it's time for your stitches" the doctor smiled.
"Okay" he smiled.
"Mr. Espinosa, would you like for....      
Mrs. Espinosa to stay?" He asked, as if he wasn't sure about if we were dating or engaged.
"Yes" he smiled at me. I was exhausted. I was wearing Matthew's sweatpants at a hospital, without makeup or anything. I literally looked like garbage. The doctor asked Matthew if he wanted to be awake while they stitched him. He nodded yes, and squeezed my hands as they stitched him up. The doctor smiled at me and held up eight fingers indicating that he had eight stitches. The doctor left the room, and gave us time to get ready.
It was 6:23 am when we left the hospital. Matthew's parents talked to him for ten minutes reminding him about staying home for a while and listen to me. We got in the car and I started to drive.
"Sorry if I kept you from sleep" Matthew apologized. I had a video that I needed to make tomorrow, and then I had a meeting and then I had to move stuff to the house that we were moving into.
"It's fine" I lied.
"Okay." He said looking out the window.
The rest of the car ride was silent.
    We got home and saw Madison asleep in the bed, and Gilinsky in the bed too, with Johnson on the couch. We had nowhere to sleep.
"Wanna swim?" He asked. He was such a dweeb.
"No." I joked.
"C'mon!" He begged.
"Fine" I said in pity. I ran to the bathroom, and threw on the special designed bathing suit that Matt got me. I saw him walk out with a towel wrapped around his waist. I saw his faint V line, and held myself back from bringing it up. We walked out and I got into the pool. I decided that posting a photo of us wouldn't hurt. Matt got into the water, and I got on his shoulders, and put the camera on the ten second timer. His head was in between my thighs, with me on his shoulders. I didn't like it when he held me on his shoulders. I didn't want to hurt him, or break his back. After we took the photo, I posted it.
I captioned it:with him 🌺
@ Matthewespinosa
I posted it and got all kinds of nice comments. I saw one that hit me hard:
    Meredithespinosa: Jesus Jane! How fat do you get?! Like seriously Matt needs to dump you for Meredith Mickelson, because she's a model, and you and your videos aren't worth a shit :)
I started to feel sad. Matt saw the comment and he commented back:
    Matthewespinosa: who are you to call MY fiancé fat? I don't like Meredith. I barely know her. Please stop hating on someone who tries so hard to make people smile. I highly doubt you'd even try doing that :) thanks!
I felt like Matthew did that out of pity. I didn't want pity. The girl posted the screenshot of Matthew commenting back to her, and she bragged about it. Obviously. People can be so thirsty sometimes. I started to swim around in the pool. Matthew and I had races, and he talked about the party. I finally felt myself become happy.