Chapter 54

We closed him in and rushed up to the cortex to watch on screen.

"Remember Mr. Allen, assuming you achieve the proper velocity and open the worm-hole, you will only have one minute and fifty two seconds to save your mother and return, or else--," Stein reminded him through the comm system.

"I know," Barry cut him off quietly.

Wells said a few words to him that I couldn't make out clearly, but then told him to run.

And that's what he did.

He ran.

We watched his little red dot circle around the accelerator.

"The accelerator's structural integrity is holding," Ronnie reported from one computer.

The room suddenly shook.

"What was that?" Joe asked. "Is Barry okay?"

"Yea," Cisco smiled in awe. "He just passed Mach 2."

I smiled despite the events taking place. I glanced at the ring that now gleamed from my right ring finger. He was faster than me now which means I'll just have to work to catch up.

There wasn't much left to do except to wait. Stein's coffee started floating into the air as Barry obtained a high speed.

"Inject the hydrogen particle now," he ordered, and Cisco obeyed.

As they collide, his dot went away.

"What happened?" I asked, no longer quiet.

"He's gone," Cisco spoke. "Look."

I looked at the monitor to see a swirling red vortex.

"The worm-hole. It is stable. Start the clock!" Stein ordered to Caitlyn.

She started to countdown clock.

"How do we know if something happens?" I looked to Stein for an answer.

"We won't. If something happens, we won't remember this timeline."

I looked back at the clock. There was a minute left.

"I believe it is time to say goodbye to Harrison Wells," Stein said.

Joe, Cisco, and I went down to supervise him to make sure he actually left.

"It's beautiful," he remarked at Cisco and Ronnie's work. "Ripp Hunter would be proud. He built the first one of these. Interesting man."

A spark of light came from the worm-hole, and a metal helmet with lightening bolts on the side flew out and landed next to Joe.

"Now what the hell is that?" he asked.

"You and me both," I mumbled.

"That's my cue to leave," Wells said, and walked right up to Cisco. I tensed. "Thank you Cisco."

"Don't ever come back," my friend told him.

"Get the hell out of our time," I said with as much hatred as I could manage.

He game us a weird smile and went to sit in the time machine.

In all honestly, it truly was a spectacular sight to see the floating orb.

Before he could leave, however, another bright light came from the worm-hole, and all I saw was a flash of red.

Barry had launched himself through the glass of the time machine which catapulted all of us back.