Chapter 38

With orders by Barry, I was walking into the front door of the precinct. My task was simple; make sure everyone is okay.

I don't know what happened with Barry's future. He wouldn't tell me and I don't want to know, but I'm here to make sure everyone stays safe.

"Kate?" Joe asked in confusion as he stepped out of Singh's office. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh you know, just thought I would stop by and surprise Barry with a visit," I said with a smile.

"Barry's not here yet," Eddie told me.

"Oh," I thought for a moment. "Mind if I just go sit up in his lab?"

"Go for it," Joe smiled and patted me on the arm. "By the way, do you know what's going on with Barry?"

I feigned confusion. "No, what's been going on?"

"He solved a case incredibly fast this morning, and not like Flash fast. Like he knew what happened," he explained.

I shook my head. "Sorry, Joe. I have no idea what's going on with that boy. He's weird."

"Okay, well keep an eye on him will you?" he asked out of concern.

"I will."

I walked up slowly towards Barry's lab, texting him along the way.

Everyone's fine here. No sign of anything.

Great. Meet me at the lab in twenty.

I went up to his lab anyway and looked around. I saw some sticky notes on his desk, so I took a couple and wrote WORLD'S BEST CSI and placed them on his computer. I smiled to myself and ran out of the door and back towards the lab.

I walked in to see the other three there, but not Barry.

"Hey, Kate!" Cisco greeted in a chipper tone.

I had to hold back the tears threatening to fall. "Hey, Cisco. Where's Barry?"

I asked a moment too soon. A flash of red whipped my short hair around my face. It was headed towards the prison.

I followed down at a quick speed only to see Barry starring at a cell with Martin in it.

"I'm gonna break out of here!" he threatened. "I'm gonna create a tidal wave that destroys your entire city!"

Barry just smirked and closed the shielding door. My eyes were wide as I realized what Barry had done.

"So, I don't understand," Cisco said as they all got to where we were. "How did you find him?"

"Uh, I just had a hunch," he shrugged with a smile.

"That's gotta be some kind of record," Caitlyn and Cisco laughed.

"Well, there goes my excuse for bailing on my brother's birthday," Cisco walked out.

Before we could walk out Dr. Wells spoke. "Do you have any idea what you've just done."

"Yea, I do," Barry said confidently. "I just saved a lot of lives."

"I warned you not to mess with the timeline," he said angrily.

"Dr. Wells if you would just let me tell you what was gonna happen, you'd understand why I did this."

"What ever tragedy you think you've just averted," he said slowly. "Time will find a way to replace it and trust me Barry, the next one could be much worse."

Dr. Wells wheeled out. I walked up to Barry and smoothed my hands over his suit. "Barr--"

"I know," he sighed. "But I couldn't just let those who died, die!"