Chapter 11

November 7, 2014

"Happy Birthday, love!" my annoying roommate yelled at me while I was still sleeping.

"Go back to bed," I groaned, rolling over and pulling the covers over my head.

It's already ten o'clock. I let you sleep long enough, plus I made you breakfast! she sang in my head while walking out of the room.

I perked up a little bit at the thought of breakfast and knew she had made me cinnamon roll pancakes with eggs and bacon. It was a birthday tradition. I took my time stretching and getting out of bed, running a hand through my bed head before shuffling towards the kitchen in my blue stripped pajama pants, maroon slippers, and big t-shirt.

My plate was already set at the table with a big glass of chocolate milk.

"You're the bomb, 'Manda," I moaned while shoving a huge bite of pancake into my mouth.

"You better not eat like that when you go out with Barry tonight," she warned me.

I raised an eyebrow at her in question. Barry's taking me to dinner? I asked not bothering to quit eating.

She paused her fork in midair and her eyes widened. "No?"

I smirked. You're such an invader of privacy.

She shrugged. I can't help it. I'm like the keeper of secrets but sometimes things just slip out.

I rolled me eyes and smiled at her. Thank you for breakfast.

You're welcome.

Later That Evening

I had just finished putting things inside a small clutch when the doorbell rang.

He's here! Amanda squealed in my head.

My heart quickened its pace as I looked at myself in the mirror. I had no idea where Barry was taking me for dinner and he said he had a surprise for me afterwards. Since it was our first date and my birthday, Amanda suggested I look nice. So, I dug into the back of my closet in hopes of finding something to wear. I lost hope and mentally cursed myself for not having a fashion sense and seriously considered wearing sweatpants. Amanda heard my struggling and encouraged me to rummage through her closet. And thank the speed lords above, I actually found something to wear.

It was way out of my style when it came to dresses, but damn did it look good. It was a shorter red number that graciously covered my butt and my boobs. It was all lace with sleeves and it left my back wide open which was a little risque for me, but I thought why not -- It's my fucking birthday. I silently thanked the lightening again for blessing me with a nice figure that would compliment this dress.

I took the extra time to straighten my hair and then had Amanda curl the ends so it was smooth with a little kick to it. I dabbed some light eye shadow on and Amanda practically begged me to put some lipstick on. I obliged, but kept it at the bare minimum. I put on the same silver bracelet from karaoke night, and hesitantly slipped on a pair of nude heels. I reminded myself that if I started to trip to just speed up a little and compose myself so no one would see. A pro of having super powers.

I could hear Amanda open the door and greet Barry. I was nervous and gave myself one last look in the mirror and legitimately gave myself a thumbs up. I'm a dork. With the clutch in my hands, I walked out into the living room. Barry took my breath away.

He was dressed in grey suit with a crisp white button down shirt and a navy blue tie to match. Nothing like the Forensic Scientist Barry I was used to. It was hot.