Chapter 25

After Joe's talk with Barry - honestly I don't get how I keep getting in the middle of these personal conversations, but Barry never let's me give him privacy - I went home to I could heal my leg some more and change before I went over to the West's house.

Once my leg healed to the point of not needing the brace, I carefully pulled on some classy but comfy grey leggings and a deep burgundy sweater dress courtesy of Amanda. She put on a simple red skirt with a black top and a long cream cardigan. I went with flats since I was in no condition to wear heels while Amanda wore short booties. Joe has insisted she come to the Christmas gathering, too. I speedily fixed my hair so its natural wave tumbled down my back and just added some mascara and a bit of a more natural color to my lips.

I put all of my presents in a bag and walked slowly over to Amanda making sure my leg was working. She smiled at me and held out her hand. I gladly took it and felt the pulling of my body as we warped to the front of the West house. We knocked a few times before Barry answered the door. His face immediately lifted when he saw us and opened up the door so Amanda and I could step through.

She practically bounced into the house and gave everyone a hug while I calmly walked in behind her. Barry took the bag out of my arm and put it under the tree before giving me a long kiss.

"You look beautiful," he said. "How's your leg?"

"Red's starting to grow on me," I smirked as I wiped my lipstick off of his lips, making him smile wider. "And it's functioning."

I greeted everyone else before sitting on the couch. Cisco gave me some eggnog even though the alcohol would do nothing for me. I thanked him anyway - the taste was still great.

"How's Dr. Wells doing?" I asked Caitlyn who was sitting beside me.

"He is doing better although not up to a social gathering quit yet," she said. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. Nothing to worry about. Thank you for your help and if you ever need to talk about Ronnie," I said my voice dropping so that only she could hear me, "I'm here for you."

She smiled at me as a thanks. Iris called out to her dad, disbanding everyone from their little conversations. I stood up and walked towards Barry, turning around so my back was too his front as he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my head. I smiled as Joe put the angel on top of the tree and Cisco put his arms in the air.

"I have some presents to give out if that's okay?" I asked once the tree topper was on.

"How could that not be okay?" Cisco asked and was already taking a place on the couch. Everyone took a seat so that it was easier to pass around my gifts.

"Okay, so first off I would like to point out that there is a theme for the gifts," I began. "Amanda helped me pick them out, and since Amanda and I try to get each other a small ornament each year as tradition, I thought it would be a good idea to pass it along to all of you guys."

I handed everyone their presents at the same time so they could all open them together.

For Iris and Eddie, they each got a matching glass ornament with the letter I and E in the opposite person's ornament - since they are moving in together, I thought it would be cute to have their initials go on their own tree. For Cisco, I got him a solid pearl colored one with a blue M on one side, a Red F a third of the way over, and a yellow C on the remaining side. Caitlyn received a slightly bigger white one that said "Everyone needs a scientist in their life". For Joe, I found a small family ornament with his, Iris, and Barry's name on little matching characters all huddled together. I gave Amanda an empty box with a note saying she would get hers tomorrow; she threw the box at me and laughed. And finally, Barry's ornament was a clear glass one with small confetti in it that looked like snow and a small picture of him and his parents when he was younger - I had gotten the picture from Joe.

He held up the glass ball and watched it twirl around for a second before looking at me. "Where did you get this picture?"

I pointed to Joe. "He found it in one of your old boxes. I figured if your parents couldn't be here with you, then they would always be there with you."

He carefully placed the ornament back in the box and walked towards me. He wrapped me in a hug that may have been a little tight under normal circumstances, but I just let him smother me. He finally let me go and pulled me in for a kiss that got cut off by someone coughing. Both of our faces blushed pink. I accepted everyone's hugs of appreciation. I was happy everyone was happy.

The night continued on for only a little while longer before Amanda had suggested we head home since it was getting late. I agreed and went to tell Barry who had asked if he could come over to give me his gift. Of course I said yes, so we three said goodbye to those who were left and headed out the door.

"Need a lift or do you have other means of transportation?" Amanda raised an eyebrow.

I looked at Barry who said, "I think we got it, thanks Amanda."

"I'll see you in the morning then," she gave us both a hug and said Merry Christmas before leaving behind small wisps of her presence.

I took off before Barry could react and I heard a "Hey!" being shouted from behind me. He eventually caught up, his arm carefully holding his ornament. He veered off to the right instead of the left, so I followed him. We ended up in front of his apartment where he dropped off his gift and picked up another wrapped one. I rose an eyebrow at him before we darted off again.

I locked the balcony doors after we made it inside and turned on one of the lamps in the living room. Barry was already sitting on the couch, so I made my way towards him and plopped down on the other cushion.

"Oh wait," I said and ran into my room and returned with another wrapped box. "Here."

Barry and I exchanged gifts. I ripped off the paper and opened up the box. "No way."

I held up the gift to Barry as he held up mine. He started laughing and I couldn't get the smile off of my face.

We had gotten each other the same gift. Well, mostly the same. In my hand was a framed picture of Barry and I on the rooftop. In Barry's hand was the picture but in a different frame.

"This is scary weird," I laughed.

"I told you I was going to get you a frame!" he said still laughing.

"Well, I said the same thing!"

I placed my gift back in the box and put it on the floor. I grabbed Barry's face in my hands and gave him a sweet kiss on the lips. "Thank you," I said and kissed him again.

He wasted no time in placing his hands on my hips and dragging me over to put my legs on both sides of his so I was straddling him. My fingers curled in his hair as his fingers dug into my lower back. I could feel my heart rate increase just before my body did that weird vibrating thing it always does when I get this excited.

Barry ignored it and used his speed to push me back into the couch so he was on top of me. Our kissing got more heated as I could feel his body start to shake. He stopped our kiss to look me in the eyes as if asking for permission. I rolled my eyes and smirked before using my speed to stand up. He just looked at me with a glint in his eyes as we took off to my room, streaks of red and blue fading from the living room.