Chapter 31

I used my super speed to quickly straighten my hair and apply my makeup. I dug into Amanda's closet again to find something downtown bar appropriate. I decided to just go for it and wear a classy two piece dress that was black in color with white strips along the sides of the top. I accented it with a chunky necklace that matched the shade of the dress and put on some shoes that increased my height almost to the point where I could look Barry in the eye. It was a bit unlike me, but I thought why the hell not? I also stole a few vials of a concoction of Amanda's that she had been working on that was so potent in alcohol it allowed me to feel some type of buzz. Don't ask me how she did it. With her genius brain and Cisco's scientific background, they figured something out.

Amanda had gotten off work twenty minutes until Caitlyn was going to be here, so I made her get ready and come out with us. She happily agreed and went to change into a very cute navy blue dress with little triangle cutouts along the top. Her hair was a quick fix since it had looked nice for work and she just applied a bit more eyeliner and another coat of mascara and was good to go.

Caitlyn arrived as I was pulling on my shoes. She was wearing a very un-Caitlyn like black dress with a bit of sequence and some killer heels.

"Wow, Caitlyn you look amazing," I exclaimed.

"I don't always dress like I usually do," she smiled and thanked me. I grabbed a thin black jacket that I actually did own and we were off.

We arrived at the bar a little after eleven and Barry was already there waiting at table. His eyes grew wide in surprise as they saw Caitlyn and he said the same thing I did. He then leaned over in his seat to kiss me and noticed my lack of clothing around my torso after I took my coat off.

He raised an eyebrow in question.

I looked at my outfit. "What's wrong with it?"

"Nothing, you look great as usual. I just don't want anyone starring at you," he said so only I could hear.

I blushed. "Well, thanks for looking out, Barr, but I only have eyes for you so it doesn't matter who stares."

He smiled, satisfied, and kissed me again.

"So, drinks Caitlyn?" Amanda asked. Caitlyn gave her order and Amanda went to fetch them for her.

"I have something for us, Barr," I said mysteriously and reached into the pocket of my jacket to take out the liquid.

"What is it?" he said, holding it up to look at it.

"Is that the enhanced alcohol Amanda and Cisco made?" Caitlyn asked.

"Yes," I grinned. "Yes, it is."

Barry smiled at me and poured a bit into his drink. He took a sip and then waited for a few seconds before widening his eyes.

"Oh wow," was all he said before I took a drink and realized what he meant.

My head was already in a slight buzz. I smiled really wide and looked at Caitlyn.

"How long will this last?" I asked a little too excitedly.

"Each vial should last about an hour each according to Cisco's previous calculations," Amanda said returning with her and Caitlyn's drink. She also surprised me with a drink of my own.

"I have four vials. Two for each of use for a few hours if we don't drink it all in one go," I said and gave Barry the other vial. I tipped some into my drink and sipped on it. It tasted very strong, but the effect was worth it.

"So what should we do?" Caitlyn asked as she downed a good portion of her drink.

I looked around the bar. "Well, there's pool, casual drinking, talking to strangers, and dancing."