Chapter 41

"What were you thinkin'?" Amanda asked leaning forward with anticipation.

"What about that one we used to play senior year?" Matt suggested.

I rolled my eyes but smiled. Of course they would want to play that game.

"What's the game?" Leila asked for her sake and Barry's.

"We set up some cups inside of these little floaties we bought during high school," Amanda explained. "The cups float around in the tub and it's like pong. Your team has to hit a cup on the opposite side of the tub and if you make it, the other team has to drink it and then the ultimate losers have to run down the street in their suits."

"We used to say naked, but I think we've grown out of that," Matt said.

"Are you not up for the challenge, Matthew?" Elizabeth questioned Matt.

"I don't think with Barry and Leila we should," he explained.

She shrugged. "Why not? They're adults. Let's play the real way like we used to!"

Everyone around the tub was hesitant, but everyone for some reason agreed.

"Teams," Amanda simply said. "Like usual, but I'll be Leila's partner so Kate can be Barry's. Bret do you want to keep score or join a team?"

"I'll keep score. No drinking for me," he smiled softly and hopped out of the tub.

So it was Emily and Matt, Susan and Shelly, Elizabeth and Connor, Leila and Amanda, and Barr and I.

"I think the couples should be split," Elizabeth whined. "It'll be more fun this way."

Amanda rolled her eyes. "Fine, Emily with Susan, Matt with Kate, and Barry with Shelly. Okay, let's play!"

She tried to get with Barry, Amanda smirked. Good thing I'm in charge.

Amanda and I followed after Bret to get the stuff. We hurried back into the water and started pouring out the drinks. The cups started floating around.

We all moved to sit with our partners, so Matt and I ended up across from Emily and Susan on the first round. Each team had an opposing team, yet we had three ping pong balls going so it was just one big game. We had a lot of cups.

Matt and I were on fire which meant Emily and Susan were drinking a lot, but they ended up winning in the end. We ended up moving to play Leila and Amanda which a mistake because Leila tricked us all and turned out to be a fucking protege in pong. We lost again. One more loss and we would be running naked.

"We call Kate and Matt next!" Elizabeth barked out after the round was done.

The other teams called out their opponents and we got to it.

I would like to say I didn't see it coming, but I did. We lost.

"Ha! Now you have to run!" Elizabeth pointed at us obnoxiously as we drank our cups.

I smiled a lop-sided smile. "I run for a living."

She didn't understand what I meant, but made us get out nonetheless.

I grinned at Barry and gave him a little wave with my fingertips.

"You don't have to do this you know," Amanda said to the both of us.

"We never back down from a challenge!" Matt roared and pounded his chest.

I laughed and chugged one more drink for the hell of it before I stripped down. I laughed and covered my eyes as Matt flashed everybody without much of a care.