Chapter 33

"Is this going to hold her?" I asked Cisco as I looked at the girl trying to teleport out.

"It's one way glass. It's mirrored on the inside," he informed me. "No one dangerous is ever gonna get out of this thing again."

I smiled at him and watched as Barry walked toward the cell.

"Shawna, Clay left you," he stated. "He's out there and you're in here."

"You know what the crazy thing is?" she asked rhetorically. "I still love him."

Cisco closed the hatch and we started walking down the small ramp.

"Crazy is right," Caitlyn said.

Barry wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him. "Some people are worth being crazy for."

I smiled and looked down as I blushed.

"I'm sorry if I was a bit of a drunken mess the other night," Caitlyn added.

"Actually it was pretty fun," I said positively.

"Yea, it was," Barry grinned. "You know what? I think everyone's been right about you and me."

Caitlyn looked confused, so he continued. "We were both so hung up on people for way too long."

With my arm still around his waist, I tightened my hold on him and gave him an encouraging smile. I'm glad we're past that awkward part.

"If what Cisco says is true - that Ronnie merged with Martin Stein, then he's not alive anymore," she said. "Time for me to move on. Find someone to be crazy about."

"I think that's a great idea," I said. "Crazy is always good."

Barry kissed my forehead. I could feel him smiling, too.

"Well, I will see you tomorrow," Caitlyn stated and we said our goodbyes.

"I need to stop by someplace really quick," Barry said as we were almost out the door. "Will you come with me?"

"You need to stop asking because you know I will follow you anywhere, Barr," I said.

He smiled and vanished only to reappear holding my suit. "You'll need this," he said and handed it to me. "And I'd follow you anywhere, too."

We changed and I literally did follow him to an alley downtown. I realized what we were doing when we dashed right beside Iris and into the alley where steam was blocking her direct line of sight to us. Barry surprised me by keeping me right by his side, his arm around my waist.

Iris found us and Barry pointed to a stack of papers. "That's for you," he said in his vibrated voice.

I almost laughed at how weird it sounded.

"We thought maybe you could help us out," I added as I also rapidly moved my vocal chords. "If you're willing."

She looked it over for a second. "This is about the breakout at Iron Heights."

"Clay Parker. He's still on the loose and we need to catch him," Barr said.

"Why are you giving this to me?" she asked, confused.

"Cause you're a good reported," I complimented her.

"And the only one we know," the red speedster added.

Barry grabbed my hand to let me know we were moving. We darted out of the alley without Iris catching a glimpse of us.

"Wanna go out for lunch?" Barry asked as we raced through the city.