daughter of hell 36

Start from the beginning

"Would you like to make that a daily appointment, miss?"

"I really don't see the point why you keep inviting me in here if you're going to be like that, babe." I winked.

Her mouth fell open astonishment.

Thank the demons the bell, indicating the end of detention, rang.

I was out of the door befor you could say pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, which maybe wasn't that fast, but still fast enough to beat the hag to the door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You did what?" Nate yelled.

We were lying on Nat's bed while throwing peanuts at eachother. His head rested on my stomac so I had a better aim.

"Miss Rosebucket is going to destroy you."

I gigled like a stupid a girl at the hags name. 'Rosebucked?' I had never in my pretty short life a person whe repressented roses less than the hag.

"How?" I joked while blocking twenty peanust thrown my way.

"Crush with her monstershoes?"

"Who'd want to watch a monstertruckshow when you could see the Bucked crush innocent students?" He laughed.

"Did you just call Luci innocent?"

I looked up at Vic looking for his closet. Yes, I said looking FOR his closet, since the thing was invisible behind all the crap they had in here.

"Seriously, have you guys never heard of the word cleaning? Or at least a garbagecan?"

I looked at the dump that repressented their room. Only Nate's corner was closed to clean, and that was because I had refused to enter the room before he disinfected at least a part of the room. So he had push all his crap aside and under his bed.

"But that would endanger the rare fungus that grows here!" Nate exclaimed in shock.

"Yeah, the ones that grow here are threatened with extinction. You won't find another place where it grows so well." Vic added.

"Have you seen my closet?" He had the nerve to ask.

"Keep diging till you find the chinese food from last week. It must be somewhere on the left side of that."

"You boys are disgusting." I said with a laugh.

I saw Victor dive in the pile of dirt.

"Good thing you vampires don't have to breath, or he'd be in serious danger of suffcating."

"Luce, you really need to learn to distance the fiction from reality. We need to breath just like you do. I got a heartbeat too, you know."

I felt myself turn red.

"I knew that." I said embaressed.

"Sure you did, beautiful." I heard the muffeled voice of Vic say.

"Found your closet?"

"No, can't find it. No biggie. I'll borrow something from Seth. Need to use a twin when he comes in handy."

I watched Vic leave after hearing his reminder that he and Mr. Cocky were twins.

"How those two can be twins." I said.

"And how you can be friends with him?"

A mild smile played on his lips. Very kissible lips, I might add.

"By the way you say 'him', I suppose you mean Seth?"

I rolled my eyes. So what? I hadn't made it a big secret that I didn't like their little prince.

"My dad is the king's treasurekeeper. We're only low nobility, but I'm cool with that. Anyway, we sort of got pushed together when we were little. I now you don't believe this, but Seth is a really good friend to me."

"If I were your mother I'd never let my child come in a ten mile radious of such a pompuous jerk." I muttered

"Well, it wasn't like she was around to stop me." The hurt in his voice caught my attention.

"What do you mean, Nate?"

"Windspirits aren't well known for their great sense of responsibility." He said with a bitter edge to his tone.

"Don't pitty me." He said.

"She'd left before I had a change to even remember her. It broke my father thought. She broke him by leaving."

My heart reached out to him. I'd like to blame my tenderness towards Nate as an inconvience of my emphatic ability but then I'd be lying to myself.

There was something aobut Nate that called to me, made me want to hold him and tell him everything would be okay, even if it wouldn't.

I mentally slapped myself.

This was no time to go all mushy and corny. I mean I was a freaking crossbreed with no demonpower in a vampireschool.

Wow, my life was messed up.

"It's better to have a mother leave you than to have one stay and let her torture you."

The words hadn't left my mouth for two seconds before I wanted to take them back.

"What do you mean tortured you?" Nate asked in an angry voice.

"Was your mother your dad's mate?" I asked, trying to distract him.

It worked and the sad look returned to his eyes.

I felt bad for doing this to him.

"She was his mate, but they never bonded."

He saw my confusion.

"You don't know a lot about vampires."

"I know how to kill them, that'll do for me." I said only half joking.

"All vampires have a mate, when we find our mate we bond with them and nothing will ever seperate a vampire form his bonded mate but dead.

My mother never agreed to the bonding which made her free to leave whenever she wanted.

I think my dad is still hoping she'll come back to him one day."

"He loved her."

Nate nodded.

"You were a lovebaby." I teased him.

He ruffeled my hair playfully.

"And you?"

I shrugged.

"Don't know what the bitch and my dad were thinking when they got sweaty together, lust at least. I guess."

"No love?"

"Damn that's a scary thought!" I laughed.

"I'd have to have my dad's head checked out if he has ever loved that bitch."

"I can feel you stomac grumble.

Want to get something to eat?"

"Bless you."

And we both laughed.

This boy was too good to be true.