Secret Love Song

When you hold me in the street and you kiss me on the dance floor, I wish that it could be like that, why can't it be like that? Cause I'm yours.
We keep behind closed doors, every time I see you I die a little more. Stolen moments that we steal as the curtains fall, it will never be enough.

Jacob walked into Connie's office, closing the door behind him and placing his hands on her waist.
They shared a heated kiss, their hands roaming each other's bodies until there was a knock on the door.
He pulled away and sat down on the couch as Connie hurriedly handed him some files then called the person in.
"Hello darling" Sam said with a smile.
"Hey" Connie smiled back.
"Oh Jacob, I'm not interrupting a meeting am I?" Sam asked.
"We've just finished" Jacob said then he stood up and walked past Sam.

It's obvious you're meant for me, every piece of you it just first perfectly. Every second, every thought I'm in so deep but I'll never show it on my face.

Connie forced a smile at Sam, catching a glimpse of her engagement ring.
She knew it was wrong to have ever accepted it, it would hurt him if he new the truth but he was more of a back up of anything.
She was so in love with Jacob that it hurt but she would never expect him to commit, so instead of leaving Sam she continued her passionate affair with Jacob knowing she would go home to Sam at the end of the day.

But we know this, we got a love that is homeless. Why can't you hold me in the street? Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor? I wish that it could be like, why can't it be like that? Cause I'm yours.

"Lunch?" Sam asked Connie who nodded.
He smiled and held her waist, placing his lips where Jacob's had previously been.
It didn't feel the same, it felt wrong, because she didn't love Sam. There was no spark there, not like there was with Jacob.
Everything about her relationship with Sam was different, from the way he held her hand to the way she called out his name in bed.
It wasn't love, or at least it wasn't mutual. The way he kissed her neck, it didn't send tingles down her spine, cause her to moan uncontrollably, not like Jacob did.
She wanted to show him off, she wanted him to know what she would leave Sam in a heartbeat because Jacob was the one she was committed to, but she had no idea if he could commit to her too.

When you're with him do you call his name? Like you do with me? Does it feel the same?
Would you leave if I was ready to settle down? Or would you play it safe instead? Girl you know this, we got a love that is hopeless.
Why can't you hold me in the street, why can't I kiss you on the dance floor? I wish that it could be like that, why can't it be like that? Cause I'm yours.

Jacob watched through the open door as Sam held Connie's body closer to his.
They didn't mould together like he did with her, Jacob knew there wasn't a spark just like Connie did.
He was in love with her, and yes people would say he had no right to be because she wasn't his to love, but no matter how hard he tried he couldn't shake the feeling.

Nobody knows that I'm in love with someone's baby.
I don't wanna hide us away.
Tell the world about the love we're making, I'm living for that day, some day.
Why can't I hold you in the street, why can't I kiss you on the  dance floor? I wish that we could be like, why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours, I'm yours.

Connie broke the kiss and looked over Sam's shoulder at Jacob.
For once she could see the pain in his eyes and for the first time she realised that the feeling was mutual, "I love you" he mouthed to her.

Oh why can't you hold me in the street, why can't I kiss you on the dance floor. I wish that it could be like that, why can't it be like that? Cause I'm yours.
Why can't I say that I'm in love?
I wanna shout it from the rooftops, I wish that it could be like that, why can't it be like that? Cause I'm yours.
Why can't we be like that? Wish we could be like that.

She took a step back from Sam, slowly pulling the ring down her finger.
She took her hands in his, "I'm sorry" she whispered as she placed the ring in the palm of his hand and slowly closed it again.
"What?" Sam asked in shock, feeling the symbol of his love in between his fingers.
Connie didn't say another word to him, instead she walked out of her office and towards Jacob, "I love you too" she said as he pulled her into his arms then pressed his lips to hers.

Secret Love Song ~ Little Mix ft Jason Derulo.
For Connie-Masters xx