Bet

"Put the gun down Mr Morgan" Jacob said.
"No! You all deserve to die! You couldn't save my wife" he shouted then he raised the gun and fired at Connie.
Before she could react was on the floor with Jacob lying on top of her as he had knocked her out of the way.
"Jacob, Jacob are you ok?" she asked frantically.
"I'm fine sweetcheeks, how about you?" he asked as he caressed her cheek whilst the police dragged the shooter away from them.
"Glad to be here, thanks to you" she grinned at him.
"Where've I heard that one before?" he asked whilst smirking at her.
"I don't know" she said innocently.
They had completely forgotten the postion they were in, and were oblivious to the rest of the staff staring at them wondering when they were going to get up.

Jacob smiled at her softly, staring into her eyes as he lent closer and gently kissed her lips.
Connie kissed him back, sliding his tongue into her mouth and wrapping her arms around his neck.
"I enjoyed that" Jacob said.
"I can tell" Connie told him.
"How?" he asked her.
"Because that is definetly not your knee" she replied.
"do you two want to make a habit of rolling around on the floor?" she asked them with a smirk.
"Well we weren't exactly rolling" Jacob said as he stood up then pulled Connie up too.
Rita smiled, "I'm glad you're both on" she said before heading into resus.

"So fancy rolling around later tonight?" Jacob asked with a wink.
"Actually I was thinking now, I here the on call rooms free" Connie said as she ran her nail down his chest.
He grinned then took her hand and led her away.
"Yeah they're going to have sex" Lofty said.
"I'll bet you a tenner she's pregnant within two months" Robyn said.
"I'll give you a tenner if she isn't" Lofty responded.
"Deal, shake on it" Robyn said as she held her hand out to him.
He shook it then walked away shaking his head, he hoped Jacob had condoms.

6 weeks later

"Jacob! I'm going to kill you!" Connie screamed as she walked over the nurses station holding a pregnancy test.
"What've I done babe?" he asked without looking up from his file.
"You got me pregnant you dickhead" Connie said.
"Tenner now!" Robyn shouted at lofty causing Connie and Jacob to look at her.
"It was him" "it was her" they said simultaneously before scurrying away.
Connie broke out into a big smile and wrapped her arms around Jacob.
"Wait your not angry?" he asked her.
"No Jay I'm not, I'm really happy. But I knew about their little bet so decided to expose them, I thought the best way to do that was pretend to be angry about it when telling you" Connie told him.
"You really are one of a kind baby" he said as he hugged her.
"Trust me, I know" she replied then she lent up to kiss him.