Bomb

Connie walked out of her office quickly at the sound of an alarm.
"What's going on?" she asked Rita who was directing people out.
"There's a bomb, we need to evacuate" Rita said.
Without another word Connie ran off towards cubicals and began directing people outside with the help of Robyn.
Once they were sure all the patients were outside they followed out too.
Connie looked around at her staff, "Where is Staff Nurse Masters?" she asked Zoe.
Zoe stayed quiet as did Rita who looked away, "it was a simple question, where is he?" Connie asked again.
"He's inside, he was made to hold the bomb. Bomb squad are trying to disarm it" Zoe said.

Connie ran off towards the entrance ignoring everyone shouting for her to stop.
She got inside then ran up the stairs as she had cleared down stairs.
"Connie what are you doing? You can't be here!" Jacob said as he saw her running towards him.
"Mam you need to leave, this isn't safe" a member of the bomb squad told her.
"I'm not leaving, I'm not leaving without you Jacob!" Connie shouted.
"Mam you need to understand that if you don't leave and this goes wrong then you will be killed" she was told.
"And you need to understand that I'm not leaving here without him, weather it in a body bag or with him alive!" Connie growled.
"Fine, if that's how you want it, but don't come any closer" the man said.

Five minutes had passed, Jacob was terrified although he would never admit it.
"We've only got two minutes left on this thing!" One of the men said.
"Go, please all of you just go, get her out of here" Jacob said.
"Jacob no!" Connie screamed.
"I'm sorry but I'm not having people dying trying to save me, go now!" he shouted.
Connie screamed and tried to lunge towards him but one of the men grabbed her, "I'm sorry but we need to get you outside" he said.
"No! Please I can't leave him!" Connie screamed as she was carried away from him.
"Jacob I love you" she cried, she couldn't let him die without him knowing how she felt.
"I love you too sweetcheeks, I'm so sorry" Jacob said with tears streaming down his face.

Connie carried on screaming and crying as she was carried outside.
She was taken to Charlie who pulled her into a hug and she sobbed into his shoulder just as the a loud bang was heard and glass was shattered as the bomb went off.
"No! Jacob!" She screamed as Charlie held her back.
Robyn was crying into Lofty's shoulder and Louise into Noel's then Charlie let go of Connie and she began to slump down to the floor screaming only to be held up again by a pair of strong arms.
"It's ok sweetcheeks, I'm here baby" Jacob said.
Everyone began to smile as Connie looked up at him and hugged him tightly before sobbing into his shoulder.

"How? I thought you were dead!" Connie cried
"I had to atleast try, I couldn't die knowing that I hadn't tried my hardest to be with you so I threw the bomb backwards and ran" he told her.
"I love you so much Jacob" she sobbed as he rubbed her back.
"I love you too Connie" Jacob said before leaning down and kissing her gently her lips.