Boxers

Connie was awoken by Grace coming in and sitting on the bed next to her whilst using her phone.
"Morning mummy" she said.
"Morning sweetheart, are you up for coming to work with me today?" Connie asked.
"Is Jacob going to be there?" grace asked.
"Well yes he's working today, I see how it is, you'll only go if Jacob's there, is he funnier than I am?" Connie teased.
"Maybe" Grace giggled only to be tickled by Connie causing her to drop her phone off the side of the bed.
Connie stopped tickling her to let her lean over and get it but her phone wasn't the only thing she found.

"Err mummy who do these belong to?" grace asked as she held up a pair of boxers.
Connie knew she had to tell her, there was no way she could get away this one.
She sighed, "well, err, they are Jacob's sweetheart" she said nervously.
"Jacob? Are you together?" Grace asked with wide eyes.
"Yes darling we are" Connie confirmed.
"Aww mummy that's cute! Jacob's really nice, but err I don't really want these" Grace said as she chucked the boxers at Connie.
"No of course you don't, I should probably give them back to him at work" Connie said.

They both got ready then made their way to the ED and to Connie's office.
Jacob came in ten minutes later and instantly Grace started laughing at him.
"What you laughing at fire cracker?" he asked.
"You left something behind in mummy's bedroom" Grace giggled.
Jacob looked over at Connie who started laughing too, "she knows Jacob, we both agreed that you might want these back" she said as she took his boxers out of her bag and chucked them at him.
Jacob caught them and started laughing, "sorry sweetcheeks, sorry fire cracker" he said.
"It's ok, just take them with you next time" Connie laughed.

"Can Jacob stay over tonight mummy? Please, he's funny" Grace asked.
Connie looked at Jacob, "Jacob, do you want to?" she said.
"Course I do sweetcheeks, film night with my two favourite girls?" he replied.
Grace got up and hugged Jacob, "yes! Thank you Jacob" she said.
Jacob hugged her back, "you're welcome princess" he said as he picked her up.
Connie rounded her desk then Jacob wrapped his arm around her too and she kissed him gently.
"Mummy can I go and see Zoe?" Grace asked.
"Of course darling, be good" Connie said as Jacob put her down then she ran out of Connie's office.

"She likes you" Connie said as she rested her head on Jacob's chest.
"That's lucky, I like her, and as for her mum well I love her more than anything" Jacob replied.
Connie looked up at him with tears in her eyes, "you love me?" she whispered.
"Yeah con I do" he said as he caressed her cheek.
"I love you too Jacob" Connie said before gently kissing him again.