Hero

I'm rewriting Bomb for my English coursework, opinions would be greatly apprectiated xxx

Connie's p.o.v

My palms were sweating, hands trembling with fear as I stood, glued to the ground.
"Help him, please" I croaked, watching the love of my life standing on a ticking time bomb. Literally.
"Connie, run, it isn't safe here" Jacob said as he looked back at me.
I shook my head frantically, tears streaming down my face.
The bomb squad stood around him, trying to disable it but we all knew it was useless.
"You really need to leave now miss" a man warned me.
"I can't, I can't leave him" I sobbed, wishing this was all one horrible nightmare that I would wake up from but I new it wasn't.
It was all real and it hurt more than any pain I'd ever felt, physical or mental, because I knew what was going to happen.
It was inevitable.
He moves, he dies. He stays, he dies.

My vision became blurred, the tears filling my eyes so much that I could no longer see.
I felt a hand on my shoulder, turning momenterially and wiping my eyes.
"I'm taking you outside now Connie. It's too dangerous" Cal said to me.
I shook my head and screamed as he picked me up in his arms, kicking against him.
"I love you Connie, remember that" Jacob said as he broke down in tears.
"I love you too Jacob, I'm never going to stop" I cried before I was carried out of view sobbing my heart out.
"Go, I refuse to die knowing that you died trying to save me. Now go" I heard him say firmly.
I screamed more, my makeup streaming down my face, my blouse soaked from my own tears.
The cold air hit me, I was outside again but he was still in there, alone as the bomb squad came up behind us.
"It's about to blow!" I heard one of them say and Cal picked up the pace running with me to the safety area.

My heart was pounding, I couldn't breath. Cal finally put me down and I collapsed to the ground screaming as the heart renching sound of the explosion filled my ears.
Screams surrounded me, screams that would never leave me as long as I lived.
I could feel the heat pouring out of the burning building. Smoke clouded around me, a thick black mist that I prayed would consume me and take me away from it all, take me to him.
Sirens blared, I was used to that, I heard them everyday but this was different. They pained me, knowing they were here because the only man I had ever truly loved was dead.
He was never coming back.

Present day:

I snapped back to reality, looking down at the little girl lying in my arms. My daughter; his daughter; our daughter.
"He was a hero Lily, your daddy was a hero and he would of loved you so very much. He was my hero, and he gave me the most precious thing in the world. Even if he doesn't know it."

I genuinely cried writing this 😭😭😭 apologies in advance if I upset anybody! Xx