Gone

Jacob sat up in bed expecting to find Connie lying next to him but she wasn't.
He felt the empty space next to him and realised it was cold so she hadn't been there for a while.
He looked over to the crib at the other side of the bed and found it empty.
He then climbed out of bed and walked along the landing to Grace's room which had the door wide open, no Grace and her wardrobe open with most of her clothes missing.
"Connie?" Jacob shouted from the landing but he got no response.
He went to her closet to find that many of her clothes were missing too, along with most of their babies clothes.

"This can't be happening" Jacob said as he ran down the stairs.
He went into the kitchen and found an envelope on the side with his name on it in Connie's hand writing so he quickly tore it open.

I'm sure you have realised by now that I've left, with Grace and Mia.
It may of came as a shock to you but it was a long time coming.
I couldn't do it anymore, pretend that I love you, that I care about you.
I won't be coming back to you, and if you really loved and cared about me and the girls like you say you do then you will let us be, you won't try to find us.
I am truly sorry for taking your children from you but I had no choice, I couldn't leave them behind, I love them too much to do that.
Grace thinks of you as her dad but she knows it's for the best, and Mia doesn't know any different so I don't want you trying to change that in years to come.
It's better this way for all of us, I'm sorry.
Connie x

Jacob finished reading the letter and by this point he had tears streaming down his face.
"No! Connie!" he screamed as he slumped down to the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Jacob, Jacob wake up" Connie said as she shook him gently.
"Connie" he said as he sat up with a start.
"I'm here, don't cry" Connie said soothingly.
"You're pregnant" he said observing her large stomach.
She looked at him strangly, "yes Jacob, you know that. Almost six months, a little girl, we are naming her Mia" Connie told him.
"You left me, she was already born then you took her and Grace away from me. I woke up one morning and you weren't there, you left me a note. You didn't love me" he said.
Connie wrapped her arms around him and placed her head on his shoulder, "I'm never going to leave you Jacob I promise you, I love you so much. It was just a dream" she said softly.

"I know that now, it just felt so real" he told her.
"But it wasn't, that's never going to happen. I'm not going anywhere" Connie reassured him.
"I love you" he said softly.
"I love you too" Connie replied.
Jacob placed his hands on her bump and pulled her closer so she was cuddling into him.
"What time is it?" he asked her.
"Six thirty" Connie said.
"I'm sorry for waking you, I know we don't have to get up till eight today"  Jacob said.
"It's ok Jacob, it's not like you could help it" Connie said before kissing his bare chest.

"Are you feeling any better?" she asked him.
"Yeah" Jacob said with a smile.
"So I suppose there's nothing else I need to do to help you then" Connie said as she slowly moved so she on top of him.
"That depends what you have in mi aaah shit Connie" he moaned as she sank down on him without warning.
His hands went to her hips as she began to rise up and down on him causing them both to moan.
She picked up the pace throwing her head back as she did so as they both got louder.
He raised his hips pushing more of his length inside of her each time until they could no longer contain themselves so they came together.

"You really do know how to make me feel better don't you?" Jacob panted as Connie rose off him.
"Of course I do" Connie said with a smile as she cuddled back into him.
"I love you beautiful" he said.
"I love you too" Connie replied before kissing him gently on the lips.