Knife

"Please let me go" Connie begged as she was held at knife point by the husband of a patient.
"No! My wife is dead, you couldn't save her. It's your job to help people, to make them better and you didn't do it! You deserve to die" he shouted at Connie.
"Let her go" Jacob said as he edged closer to them.
"No, stay back or I'll do it" he warned Jacob.
"Mr Mason, I'm very sorry for your loss but you need to understand that your wife's death was not Mrs Beauchamp's fault. Your wife suffered serious injury's that could not be reversed, she had an underlying heart problem that contributed greatly to the severity of her condition" Jacob explained.

"It was her fault! She deserves to die!" Mr Mason shouted.
"No Cal stop!" Jacob and Rita shouted as Cal lunged for Mr Mason from behind.
He grabbed him but he lunged free and plunged the knife into Connie's abdomen before fleeing.
"Connie!" Jacob screamed as he caught her and collapsed to the floor.
"Get a trolley over here!" Rita shouted as she crouched down next to Connie and put pressure on the wound.
"Jacob, help me" Connie gasped with tears in her eyes.
"I've got you sweetcheeks, stay strong for me" Jacob said then he picked her up in his arms and placed her on a trolley.

Jacob, Rita and Cal pushed the trolley into resus to Zoe and Dylan.
"Jacob don't leave me" Connie pleaded.
"I'm not going anywhere sweetcheeks, I promise you" Jacob said.
"I need LFTs, blood gases, 10mg of morphine, two units of o-neg, cross match six units. Someone call theatre and let them know we are on our way" Dylan said as he took over the pressure.
"I'm calling Sacha now" Cal told him.
"Connie stay with me sweetcheeks, look at me" Jacob pleaded with her.
"Jacob I lo" Connie said before she slipped into unconciousness.
"Connie no, please look at me" Jacob said, tears forming in his eyes.
"Jacob wait outside, please" Zoe said.
"No, I'm not leaving her!" Jacob said.
"Jacob I'm sorry, Cal get him out" Zoe ordered.

Cal eventually got Jacob out of resus and into Connie's office.
"She'll be ok mate, Connie's strong" Cal told him.
"I hope so, I can't lose her Cal" Jacob said as he sat down in Connie's chair.
Cal smiled simpathetically at him, "I'll give you some space, I'll go to resus, if there's any news or changes I'll come and tell you" he said.
"Thanks mate" Jacob said sincerely as Cal walked out.

Cal came back in fifteen minutes later to tell Jacob that Connie had been taken to theatre but found he was asleep so left again only to return an hour and a half later to tell him she was know out of theatre.
Jacob thanked him then quickly made his way up to Keller.
"I'm looking for Connie Beauchamp" he said as he reached the nurses station.
"She's still sleeping at the moment" Dom said.
"I don't care, I need to be with her, I'll find her myself" Jacob snapped before walking away.
"Wait, you can't go in there" Dom said after him.
"Dom, let him go" Sacha said.

Jacob went into Connie's side room then sat in the chair next her big.
He took her hand in his, gently stroking her knuckles with his thumb.
She was still sleeping, looking so small and vulnerable to him.
Jacob sat by her side for about fifteen minutes before she woke up.
"Jacob" she said quietly.
"Hey sweetcheeks, how you feeling?" he asked softly.
"Like a million dollars" she said sarcastically.
Jacob smirked, "don't worry beautiful, you look a million dollars" he told her.

They sat in silence for a few minutes before Connie spoke up again, "in resus, before I passed out, I wanted to tell you that I love you" she said.
"I love you too, I thought I was going to lose you and then you would never of known how I feel" Jacob said sadly.
"You're not going to lose me Jacob, I'm yours. And it would take a lot more than a knife to get rid of me" she told him.
"Thank god" Jacob said before he lent down and gently pressed his lips to hers.