X

X - Xylophone

"Jacob what's that racket?" Connie said as she rolled out of bed at 7 o'clock.
She didn't get a response so walked across the landing to the nursery at the other end.
She smiled at the sight in front of her, Jacob was sat on the floor with their little girl in his lap as she hit a xylophone with the sticks.
"Hey sweetcheeks" Jacob said looking up at her.
"Hey, how longs she been up?" Connie asked as she got closer to them.
"About half an hour, we've had fun haven't we Lia?" Jacob asked their 12 month old who giggled at him.

"I can see" Connie said as she sat down next to them and kissed the top of Amelia's head.
Jacob wrapped one arm around her waist and supported Amelia with the other.
"She likes the sounds" Jacob said with a smile.
"Clearly, Grace used to love musical instruments when she was younger" Connie said.
"Mmm by the sound of the music she plays I'd say she still does" Jacob said which made Connie smile.
"Has she had breakfast?" Connie asked, talking about Amelia.
"Yes, you've had toast haven't you Lia?" Jacob said but she carried on hitting the xylophone.

"Mum? What's all that noise?" Grace asked as she stood in the door looking less than impressed still in her pyjamas.
"Sorry sweetheart, seems your little sister is quite the musician" Connie said laughing slightly.
"Does she have to carry on? It's cute and everything but I'm tired" Grace groaned.
"I know sweetheart, come on I'll take you back to bed" Connie said then she kissed Jacob's lips before following Grace out and leaving Jacob to try to get Amelia to quieten it down a bit.

Grace climbed back into bed then Connie climbed in next to her.
"Are you ok darling?" Connie asked her.
"Yes mum, I'm just tired. But will you stay with me for a bit?" Grace asked.
"Of course I will sweetheart, daddy's looking after Amelia anyway, they seem to be having fun" Connie said which caused Grace to giggle slightly.
"I love her mum, I just wish she was quieter some times, it's only just seven and it's a Saturday" Grace said.
"I know darling, don't worry I wish she would sleep in some times too" Connie said with a smile.
"I love you mum" Grace said before closing her eyes.

Connie climbed out of Grace's bed twenty minutes later once she was asleep again.
She went back into the nursery where Amelia was now lying in her crib chewing on the ear of a teddy bear.
Jacob was stood next to the crib watching her when Connie wrapped her arms around his waist letting her hands roam his well sculpted abs.
Jacob turned around so he was facing her then he gently kissed her lips.
"I think we should stick to quiet toys from now on" he said to her.
"Mmm that might be a good idea, I don't think Grace is too happy about being woken at this time" Connie said.
Jacob smiled, "I love you Connie Beauchamp" he said then he embraced her in a hug.
"I love you too Jacob Masters" Connie replied.