[21]

^What did Ella and Alec talk about that made her tear up?

Find out yourself💕

EDITED

🔮 🔮 🔮

"Ella," He placed his hands on top of hers to comfort her. "You don't how much this talk means so much to me."

"So, it would change—ok Alec why are you comforting me I'm not even crying." Ella waved her hands around like this talk is already crazy.

"But you will." He told her causing her to widen her eyes in offense. "I mean...I-I didn't-" Alec stuttered to find his words while scratching the back of his neck.

"Alec, it's okay." She cut him off and chuckled. "So, what are we going to talk about?" She asked as he took a deep breath and placed his hands on top of hers; again.

"Okay, is the hand thing really necessarily." It sounded more of a statement than a question. "Yes, Ella just focus."

"Focus on what?" She asked while narrowing her eyes. "I mean listen. Listen Ella." He corrected himself while looking at their hands like it was a miracle. "Alec, at least look at me." She chuckled as she raised his chin so they could be face to face. "Sorry." He looked around Magnus's room to avoid eye contact.

He didn't know how to start a conversation with her. He's scared he would reveal secrets that he's not suppose to reveal. Ella was just staring at him with a tiny smile. She thought it was cute when he was in deep thought. Like he thought he was smarter than her; but it was actually the opposite.

"I knew your brother," He sighed as he looked at her for a reaction. "What?" She asked as she sat closer to him like she was interested. Alec looked at their touching knees and spoke, "We were friends, and I believe that we still are."

"And you didn't tell me this cause?" She looked down at him since he was looking at their knees. "Are you mad at me?"

"No, Alec just-just spill." She sighed obviously impatient. "Mrs.Blitzer is not who you think she is."

"Okay, who are we talking about? Cade or Mrs.Blitzer?" She had the confused mask on her face. "Both."

"Mrs.Blitzer and my mother were friends and they became enemies when your parents died from the fire. My mom wanted to take you and Cade both to the Institute, but Mrs.Blitzer convinced Cade to come with her. He got convinced and then she tried convincing you but you said no you wanted to go with the Lightwoods because Izzy was your best friend." He took a breath that he was holding then continued.