Ch. 78 Come Back!

Harry held Ginny tightly to him as he slept, plagued by dreams. First, he was in a hallway in Hogwarts. Hushed voices inside a door drew his attention, and he stumbled towards the noise.

It was Moody, talking to himself as he lounged on his chair, muttering about how much he hated grading papers. His magical eye whirred around, once pausing where Harry stood, then moving along. Only when Moody turned his magic eye towards a flask did Harry let out a breath.

"Gah! Out again!" Moody blundered, shaking the flask. A sloshing sound escaped it. "Let's see here..." The man pulled a large black box from behind his desk, taking off the lid and scouring through bottles. After a few tries, he grabbed at one and grinned, "Here we are."

Just as he was about to take the vial, Harry fell backwards, straight through the floor.

///

The sensation left Harry gasping in air as he awoke, clambering to find his Bond Mate. Of course, she woke up before him for once and he was alone, staring at the morning sun from outside the window.

Ginny was upstairs, probably getting ready to come downstairs and go to the Great Hall. There wasn't any classes. Not since two days before. The Professors were trying to find Chimp man, knowing he was somewhere near Hogwarts.

Harry groaned, wiping his hand over his face before standing up, yawning and stretching. Looking around the room blearily, he couldn't get the sick feeling from his stomach. Prelude to the Third Task.

Ginny felt this, and sent a wave of calming emotions over to her boyfriend. He sighed, placing his head in his hands wearily before going to get dressed as well, attempting to message Ginny from upstairs.

It had gotten easier to talk over long distances, but sometimes they still had to be right next to each other. But at least they didn't have to lock gazes anymore. Ginny sent another wave of calm after his quick message of Good morning, love.

After dressing, Harry came back down to the Common Room. Ginny sat on the couch, drawing circles lightly on the side of the couch. Nervousness was in her system, but she had tried, and failed, to block that from him. He sat next to her, watching as she narrowed her eyes at the flame.

Ron'll be down soon. She pointed out, putting her head on Harry's shoulder. He sighed, wrapping her in his arms and pressing a kiss to her head. Ginny sighed slightly, looking up towards her Bond Mate.

I know, Gin. No classes right? Ginny grimaced and nodded, a ball of tension forming in her thoughts. Harry took a deep breath and shook his head. Let's not think about it, love. How about we just relax here? He suggested, not feeling hungry at all. Ginny agreed silently and Harry shifted so they were laying down, her head resting lightly on his chest and her hands twisted in the fabric of his shirt. He placed his hands on her back, reveling in the golden glow that sparked in both of their chest's as they held each other.

Ginny let go of all her walls she put up, letting Harry feel her emotions and thoughts. The Bond was free for once in a long time, and they both explored the implications for the first time in what seemed like forever. The tumult of the past few days evaporated.

"Harry..." Ginny whispered, looking up into his eyes. He raised his eyebrows, and she lifted herself up slightly onto her elbows so she could read his expression. "Do not get hurt, okay?" She mumbled sternly, Harry smiled moving his hands to her waist.

"Okay. I promise, I'll come back in at least one piece." Ginny shifted her weight onto her other hand and punched his shoulder lightly. Harry chuckled, shaking his head.