Ch. 17

Tuesday
Ginny noted the cold and dark that enveloped her on all sides. She backed up until her back hit something hard and she ran her hand down the rough surface, the scent of dirt and mold. A forest.

She tried to look around, her eyes not adjusting well to the thick black blanket that covered the sky. She felt like she was suffocating as she ran her hands along the tree and reached out until she touched another tree trunk. Ginny kept one hand on the tree she was at and tried to look around again before switching to the next tree, keeping her back against the tree so she couldn't be snuck up on.

She searched for any kind of light, the impending sense of misery washing over her. She felt something click in her head. Dementors.

The red-head said a word that would have gotten her a stinging hex from her mother and searched for the creatures.

Warm breath on her neck

She froze and tried to look around, but there was nothing, she was still against the tree. She heard a pant and whirled around, forgetting to keep her back against a tree. A twig cracked and she looked around again. The darkness pressed on her eyes as she searched.

"Get her in here" A gruff voice said. She heard footsteps and looked behind her to see blue eyes that searched around before walking right through her. Ginny let out a breath as she felt herself waver.

The man, with a rather chimp looking face, walked towards an abandoned stone hut that she hadn't seen before. He had his lit wand in his hand, and for the first time, she noticed someone walking behind him. Long hair, swishing back and forth. A rope, tied around the figures hands, the other end being pulled along by chimp man.

The man waved his wand and an orb of light went over to the door, she waited to see the figures hair or face. But as the girl was about to step into the light, Ginny felt herself become dizzy, her back sliding down a tree as she tried to keep her dinner in her stomach. She was light headed, her vision swimming in front of her eyes.

A crack, and her eyes flew open. She looked around and found herself in her bed, dripping with a cold sweat. She gasped several times, running her hands along the sheets as she calmed down.

She felt something weighing down on her. She felt as if she had really been there, then thrown back into her bed afterwards. But that was impossible.

She sat up, looking around. All her room mates were asleep, so when she got up, she made sure not to make any noise.

Fright threaded through her in small streams and she felt it inch towards the bond, she pushed it back like she had learned with Professor Lupin, and she felt Harry drift into a deep sleep again. She sighed, running her hand through her hair as she walked downstairs.

Ginny walked over to the flickering fire and sat in the arm chair closest to it. She tucked her feet under her and sighed again before trying to get the dream out of her head.

It was just a dream.

Just. A. Dream