Ch. 2

Lily came back to reality and looked at her son who was staring at her strangely. She glanced down at the broken cup of tea that she had dropped and quickly cleaned it up, taking Harry into her arms and laying on the couch.

She sobbed into Harry's raven hair, letting all her emotions from that night flitter away into tears. The rage, terror, happiness, joy, melancholy, and fear. The rage that Peter Pettigrew had betrayed them. The terror that it had been so close to her families death. The happiness that Harry and James survived. The joy that they could live a happy life, free from Voldemort. The melancholy of the news they heard later that night, that she had lost their baby girl when she was hit in the stomach with the spell. And the fear that something would come back to hurt her family.

She felt those emotions run through her anew. She knew that she couldn't hold all of it in forever, but she did a pretty darn good job of it for the past seven years.

This was the way James found her just thirty minutes later. Curled on the couch with Harry hugging tightly to her neck, and fresh tears running down both of their faces. He rushed forward and took them both in his arms. Not not for the first time, he cried with them.

*+*+*+
James sat up straight after Lily and Harry had fallen asleep, and wrote a letter to the Weasleys that something happened and that Lily wasn't emotionally or physically ready to see anyone right now. They wrote back immediately, showing their concern and agreed to bring the kids some other time.

Lily wanted to see their seven year old girl, Ginevra or Ginny, who was her favorite of the Weasley children. But don't tell Charlie that! Ginny's hair was the same shade as Lilys, if not prettier, and she was always the responsible one between herself, her older brother Ron, and the twins. Lily had met Percy, but he didn't seem as much responsible for his siblings as snobbish to them, even as he wouldn't be coming to visit this year since he was going to Hogwarts for his second year. Ginny was about as transparent as a brick wall, she looked all nice and innocent at first, but then she let the beast out and she had a nasty temper, just like Lily, and a devious mind when it came to revenge.

Ronald was a shy little boy, who was stubborn when he wanted to and was about as good with his manners as he was good with spiders. But he was always sweet and enjoyed playing with Harry. Ron was also the only person to have ever beaten Lily at Wizards Chess besides Sirius who had used his puppy dog face to make Lily play a game with him. Right good decision that was, her dignity was in tatters for weeks from the constant teasing.

But Ron was slightly envious of the attention Harry had given Ginny the last time they were there, and he definitely showed it.

Ginny used to have a crush on Harry since she was little bitty, which amused James thoroughly, remarking about how the Potter boys were always good with their red headed ladies. This earned a slap on the arm from Lily, a blush from Ginny, and a grin from Harry, who seemed to think it hilarious whenever James got scolded by 'his red headed lady'

The twins were, well they were.... Kinda.... Lets just say that James wished they were born back when he was in school, so they would be added to the Marauders. They were brilliant at planning and strategy, and they basically ran all their playmates with their pranks, just like the Marauders they had their fellow playground goers running in fear of being viciously pranked. James, Sirius, and Remus always spent hours trading stories of pranks they had pulled at Hogwarts with the boys, until Lily had scolded them for soiling the poor boys minds. Little did she know, they had a hungry look in their eyes and just met in secret from then on.

James signed as he rubbed his eyes from behind his glasses. He had just gotten back from being with the other two Marauders as they tried to come up with a way to find Pettigrew. Remus wasn't technically apart of the Auror force, but he had a brilliant mind and housed no objection to helping James an Sirius with their case.

He took a blanket and threw it over Lily, smiling at her sleeping form that was cuddled with their son. He sighed and looked around their apartment.

It was a small abode, with just one bedroom so Harry still had to sleep in the same room as Lily and James, not that they objected, the closer he was, the better. And one bathroom. It was rundown and you could barely walk fifteen steps from the side wall before reaching the other wall. The living room/ kitchen housed the basics plus one couch and an armchair. Their other house in Godrics Hollow was obliterated, and Potter Mansion was too, as Pettigrew had been the secret keeper in that escape house too. So they were stuck with the only house that would rent for less than a year, which showed that they were pretty desperate for some Galleons anyway.

James sat down in the latter and picked up the Prophet. He flipped to the house sectioned and his eyes widened. There was the same bunch of houses as there was the day before, but the Fates shined down on James and right smack dab in the middle was one new house.

The description said it was a two story house with five bedrooms and two baths, it had a full sized kitchen and dining room, living room, and a deck outside. It was also near Ottery St Catchpole, which just outside of there was where the Weasleys lived. It was reasonably priced and willing to take offers.

James showed Lily the paper when she woke up and she agreed that they should set a meeting as soon as they could, before anyone else got the chance. James agreed, but was assured that the fact that it was so close to a Muggle village would draw most wizards and witches away. And the fact that the Lovegoods lived by there.

The woman, Pandora Lovegood, was a wonderful person full of cheer and was a glass half full type. Her husband, Xenophilius Lovegood, was much the same, though he had an airiness that he passed on to their daughter, Luna. She was a brilliant young lady that was just coming up to be seven years old, since her birthday was on the twenty eighth of April and she was friends with Ginny Weasley and a distant friend with Harry, but they still knew each other pretty well.

James sent the owl and the next week, they were owners of the house.