Ch. 1

Hey! Future Mercedes here! I just wanted to say that the first ten or so chapters of this book are pretty horribly written! I'm trying to go back and edit them, but I wrote them so long ago and now I'm writing the 2nd book and it's hard to change the small, stupid things that I messed up on. I just wanted to tell you that, as a warning, but it gets better as the chapters go on!

Anyway! Enjoy your reading!

Lily Potter rushed around the house, picking up stray socks and old plates. She had only been gone for half the day to ask if Molly Pre- Sorry, Weasley, was able to bring her kids over and to talk with James and Lily today. But of course, the boys destroyed the house.

"Harry! Come down here and pick up these toys!" She yelled up to Harry, nicely since he was in a stage.

Eight year old Harry walked down the stairs in a red sports jacket, blue jeans, grey tee shirt, and red chucks. He walked up behind his mum and hugged her.

"Okay mum!" He said cheerfully, scooping a bunch of Legos into his hands and dropping them into a box. He continued to do this until everything was clean, tripping over his own feet and giggling all of the while.

He looked up into his mother's green eyes and she smiled at him. "Good, Harry! Why don't we go and get something to eat?" She asked, eyes aflame with happiness that made Harry feel proud of himself. He nodded and ran into the kitchen, standing by the stove and waiting for his mum.

"What do you want to eat?" Lily asked, smiling and looking down at her son, "Noodles, chicken soup, or PB&J?" She asked, he threw his arms into the air.

"PB&J!" He giggled. She laughed at her son and grabbed the bread out of the cabinet along with strawberry jelly and peanut butter.

As she prepared the two sandwiches, she looked over at Harry who was joyously sitting on a bar stool. "We have guests over today, the Weasley family." She said, sliding the plate with his sandwich over to him. He caught it and took a huge bite, rubbing his stomach.

"Wummey." He said with his mouth full. Lily laughed and sat down beside him at the bar.

"Now, they have a lot of kids, more than you have played with ever before." She said, raising her eyebrows at Harry to reinforce that she was serious. "They have four children coming with them, two of their oldest at school and the other one, Billy, is out working." She said with a smile. Lily was the only one Bill let call him Billy. Not even his mother. Though that may be because of the respect he had for her and James because of beating the prophecy, and also 'defeating Voldemort' even though they just took the limelight away from Harry until he is old enough to decide for himself. They didn't want him mobbed with reporters, but they were the fearsome Auror and the hot-tempered mother, so they were left alone by the smart people. That didn't guarantee that people wouldn't come trying to get an interview or picture, but it had softened over the years.

"Wow!" He smiled, after swallowing his bite of sandwich. Lily laughed at his expression.

"Yeah," She laughed. "You have to share. Be nice." She said, giving him a stern look. He giggled and nodded.

She picked up her plate as he took another bite of his food. She set to washing it, as she liked to do things by hand, and chatting with Harry. She poured herself a cup of tea

"Now, where's your dad?" She asked, turning to face Harry, and taking a sip from the tea. James was off work today, hanging with the Mauraders, minus Peter Petigrew, and catching up on some much needed outdoor time. He really had hated it when they were forced into hiding. A crash sounded and Lily was thrown back into her memory.

~Flashback~
"Come on Lily Flower! One more hour! Please?" James begged, cuddling Harry and making bubbles appear from his wand for the little boy to try and catch.

"It's Harry's bedtime James." Lily sighed as she walked over to where James and Harry were laying. Harry reached a chubby hand out to her and she took it. He had just learned to shake hands and was quite taken with it. "We have to get up early tomorrow. It's one of the only days we get company, Order meetings may be boring for you but it's helping keep Harry safe." She whispered into James' ear, making him shudder slightly.

"No! I'm going to sleep all day tomorrow then I won't be able to come to the meeting!" He grumbled like a three year old.

"Then you're on baby duty." Lily said, taking Harry into her arms. He shook his head quickly.

"I'll go to the meeting..." He said, caving in and tossing his wand onto the table.

"Good. Now, both of you to bed." She scolded, handing Harry to James and pointing up the staircase. He grumbled, making her chuckle and start on her way to the kitchen.

Bang Bang Bang

James worriedly at the door, glancing at Lily who was just behind him now.

BOOM

The whole house shook as the door flew off its hinges.

"Take Harry and run! It's him!" James shouted, shoving Harry into Lilys arms and pushing her to the stairs.

"James! I can't leave you!" She shouted back, but as the figure grew closer, she ran for it. She was fully aware that that was most likely the last time she's see James, but she kept on going up the stairs.

She slammed the door shut, her heart hammering in her ears, not from exhaustion, but terror for her son and her husband. She placed Harry in his cot and started pushing the wardrobe over the threshold of the door.

Thump

She paused for one second, already knowing what had happened. James had fallen, and she hoped he'd just been stunned. But only one second did she stop pushing. She used her remaining strength to push the cabinet into space and panted, the cabinet or wardrobe was full of baby clothes, toys, and blankets, making it very heavy.

She grabbed some diapers, fully aware of Harry crying to her left. Every second of that sound made her heart break a little more.

She shoved the diapers into his bag and went to pick him up, but a spell hit the armoire and made it fall, causing her instincts to kick in as she threw herself in front of Harry. A few pieces of wood scraped her face and she could feel the blood trickle down her cheek.

The man in front of her was horrifying, his eyes were taking on a red color, and his skin was pale as sheets. His eyes seemed to be glistening with excitement and his cheek bones stood to a sharp edge. He would've been handsome, if he wasn't trying to kill them.

"Move out of the way." He ordered, raising his wand.

"No! Not Harry! Take me! Take me instead!" She pleaded, tears running down her face.

"I said move away!" He shouted, "Foolish girl!"

And the world went black