Ch. 30 Don't Ever Leave Me Alone

Gonna change back to 1st person POV for the next few chapters!

Harry's POV
It was early morning when I first woke up. I could hear a distant ringing, and birds cooing outside the window. I didn't know where I was. At home? No, it doesn't feel the same. The Burrow? This has to be it.

But when I opened my eyes, I was surprised to be at the last place I ever thought I would be. In the forest.

Streams of sunlight beat down on to my face as I lay there, my body paralyzed. Nothing happened. Not a sound, except for the birds. Not a movement, except for my eyes. It was peaceful.

I slowly moved my head, then tried to sit up. It worked, but left me weak and feeling nauseous, so I fell back onto the soft grass. The blades tickled my neck, but I hardly noticed, it was too quiet.

Then I heard a small sigh beside me and saw Ginny move her neck slightly. I could have sworn she wasn't there before! Her own eyelids fluttered open and her face went pale.

"I'm here" I said, moving my hand so I was holding hers. I automatically felt my strength rush back to me, and tried to get up, but I just fell back down.

"What happened?" She asked, moving her head so she was looking at me. I stared into her eyes, trying to figure that out myself. She seemed to understand, and instead scooted closer to me, laying her head on my chest.

The sun was rising, I noticed, it's rays were turning the treetops brilliant shades of orange, green, yellow, and red. A gale broke through the meadow, rushing over our bodies and causing a flowery smell to waft over to me. We must be dreaming together again, I thought, looking down at Ginny who had turned into my side. Her hair was falling into her closed eyes, so I brushed it back behind her ear.

Just being there with my Bond Mate was soothing. I could now make out a stream gurgling over rocks nearby, I imagined the clean water being right next to us, and suddenly the steam was closer.

When I looked beside me, I saw it. It's crystal liquid flowing into a stone bowl. Somehow, the bowl didn't overrun, and the water didn't have a single trace of dirt in it. Wicked.

I closed my eyes and imagined two cups appearing beside me, and when I looked back, two stone bowls were placed before the lake. I stole a glance at Ginny before scooting away to grab the bowls. Even in a dream, I was thirsty. I scooped up water for both Ginny and I, then went back to her. On my knees, of course, because I was carrying the two bowls of water. I'm not a camel.

Gently, I shook her, making her stir and groan "Five more minutes, mum!" I silently laughed and set the bowl next to her. She cracked open an eye and gave me an irritated glare.

"Thirsty?" I asked, holding her cup up again. She seemed to think for a moment, and decided to drink the water instead of killing me.

After we finished our bowls, we again sat in silence. It was almost afternoon now, which I noticed came fast. The sun always appeared to be moving. Ginny moved her gaze to me and I felt my ears heat up, and slyly moved my hair back in front of them.

"Harry... You don't think we're..." She trailed off. I felt her worried emotions and suddenly realized what she meant.

"Dead?" I asked. She nodded reluctantly. I thought about it, thinking about before we came here. At the World Cup. I shook my head.

"Why not?" Ginny asked, looking for comfort. I sighed, looking off at the sun.

"I just feel it. I don't think... I don't think we can. If we were so sick, probably every Medi Wizard would come and try to heal us, 'cause of the Bond. Besides, it didn't feel like I was dying to me." Ginny looked surprised at my observation, so I pouted. "Why so surprised?" I felt amusement rush through her as she laughed.

"You sound so wise, Harry." She explained "Kind of like how I thought of you before I really knew the real you" I smiled back at her. We were lost in the moment when a growling came from my stomach.

I met Ginny's eyes and suddenly she cracked up, tearing up as well. "Hungry?" She asked. I smiled sheepishly and thought of a picnic basket. Just as I looked behind me, there it was. Chuck full of sandwiches, crisps, and a pitcher of lemonade.

I brought it from behind me and tossed her a sandwich, grabbing one for me too. She smiled, a mischievous glint in her eye.

"And where, may I ask, did you get that, Mr Potter?" She laughed. I smiled and explained, pouring lemonade into our stone bowls.

"Well, all you have to do is think of what you want, and it appears! Poof!" I made an exploding gesture and she smiled, closing her eyes.

Suddenly, I had an overpowering urge to kiss her. She was sitting there, looking extremely pretty. My heart was beating out of my chest, and I leaned in.

Ginny's POV

I thought hard about Harry, about the first time he tried to kiss me. It was agonizing, trying to wait. And I was about to open my eyes when I felt his breath on my face. He crashed his lips onto mine.

I would defiantly describe it as breath taking, it was so shocking, that I actually opened my eyes. I didn't respond, so he pulled away, fear running through him. As well as hurt.

"Ginny! I'm so sorry! I- I don't know why I- I didn't mean-" I shut him up pretty quickly. I was the one to pull away this time, looking back into his eyes.

"Harry, it's okay..." I smiled. He broke out in a grin and kissed me again. Our unopened food was forgotten as we laid there, watching the sun start to set. I knew that if I closed my eyes, I would wake up. But I wanted to stay here with Harry. But what about the kiss?

"Was that real?" He asked. I looked over at him, thinking that he was reading my mind.

"I don't know" I admitted. We sat there for a while before Harry started closing his eyes. I rolled on my side and looked at his face. "Even if it wasn't..." My cheeks were heating up.

"I'm going to need to talk to your dad" He realized. I smiled, my small stutter was covered. We sat there for a while until I could tell he was starting to drift off to sleep.

"Don't ever leave me alone" I sighed, succumbing to sleep myself. He wrapped his arm around me.

"Never"