Ch. 34 Happy Birthday, Love

Before I go on, I'd like to dedicate this chapter to all my lovely followers! Including -Bacca- , AadyaMadan and several other people that I wanted to dedicate something to! (If I listed everyone it'd take up the whole chapter, but you know who you are!) But especially to those two because they have been so supportive and patient with my updates! 🤓 you guys are awesome! Oh! I also promised @owaisiqbal (hope I spelled you're name right ☺️) a dedication because he/she finished the story in less than two days!
~Mercedes

Harry
I woke up especially early that day, cleaning myself up and getting ready. I was putting on my shoes when Ginny woke up and I immediately shut her out, so she wouldn't figure out what I was doing. Even though we were only fourteen and now thirteen, as Soulmates, I figured it was time. I opened the box and looked at the promise ring that my dad had handed down to me.  He had never given it to my mum because he went ahead and proposed, but had kept it for this exact reason. Plus it had been passed down from generation to generation.

It was beautiful even if it was extremely simple. The polished silver band was twisted and bent so it looked like a piece of rope that had been tied together. There weren't any stones, but I knew Ginny didn't mind. If we got far enough, I would make sure she had plenty of stones on the next ring. (See above image)

My dad had set me down last night after I said I was going to give her the promise ring and told me that Ginny and I were most likely going to be married when we were older. I wasn't surprised, I had already fallen a while ago and knew that I wasn't going to give up on her. But I'm not going to think of that, that's too far ahead.

Closing the lid of the small box, I set it on my bed and started getting dressed. I chose something simple, but still more formal than usual. It was a grey sweater with my black jacket because it was quiet frosty outside along with jeans and some black converse.

While I was getting dressed, I heard a knock at my door. That was my signal. I finished tying my shoe and grabbed my broom and invisibility cloak, glancing out of the window and towards the Burrow.

I put on the cloak before I went outside, mounting my broom and zooming towards the Weasley's as fast as my broom could take me. At first, I almost went straight through the kitchen door, thinking she would still be asleep, but then I remembered feeling her emotions and blocking her.

Guilt starting plaguing my mind. I should have at least sent her some encouragement on her birthday. I peeked through the window but just saw the Weasley's sitting and eating breakfast. Well, at least most of them. Ginny and Fred were missing.

I glanced behind me and was immediately relieved when I saw they were at the orange tree, leaning against each other. So at least she would be occupied.

I quietly dismounted, making sure Gin wouldn't spot me, then made my way into the Burrow. I only had a few minutes, if never held back two of our Bond qualities at once.

Mr. Weasley looked up at me, since by now he was the only one at the table, and seemed to know what was on my mind.

"Come on, sit" He said, smiling as he placed his mug back on the table.

"Mr. Weasley..." I gathered my courage, "I was wondering if it would be alright if... I mean, I wanted to know if-" I paused for a moment. He chuckled and shook his head. "If I could give Ginny a promise ring?" My voice was even now, and I sat up straighter. The man scratched the back of his neck for a moment, not making eye contact. Barely a second after I had asked, a clatter came from the kitchen and now a flustered Mrs Weasley was trying to clean up some tea discreetly. I waved my hand towards it and it balled up in the air, being deposited back into the kettle after I had cleansed it.

I turned away before Mrs Weasley could comment on my blatant use of magic. Me Weasley chortled again, taking a long sip of tea. I was bouncing my leg up and down in anticipation. He stroked his chin thoughtfully and I started tapping a rhythm onto the tabletop.

"Alright, but if you hurt my daughter- oh, I know you won't" He smiled.

"I'd rather die myself, sir" I agreed solemnly. He nodded.

"Well then, you'd better ask her. She's been in a right mood today. She had all the right to though, we forgot her birthday with all the hubbub that's been going on at the Ministry about... You know, the murders," He cleared his throat. "Go on, before I change my mind," His eyes sparkled.

"Yes sir" I said, hopping up just as my resolve on keeping Ginny from feeling where I was was wavering. I rushed out the door and saw Fred run in.

"Watch it Harry, she's upset. Said something about hanging you by your toes in the garden?" He clapped me on the back.

"Sounds like her," I agreed as he rushed into the house to avoid the red heads rage. I immediately ran down the hill, letting my feeling of elation wash over me. Hopefully that would calm her.

I neared the tree and was nearly plowed over by a flying red blur