Ch. 4

The warm air swept across the two figures cloaks, in the approaching moonlight you could barely see the path they were taking.

Green eyes flickered to hazel ones and the owner nodded. In the dim light, they could see the castle up ahead. With careful steps, as not to alert anyone of their presence, they made their way to the large oak doors.

"When did he say he'd come?" The one on the left with black, unruly hair asked.

"Midnight," The other figure supplied, swinging her red hair over her shoulder and glancing around. "I feel so bad for making Molly watch him so late."

"It's okay Lils. She wants to know what he has to say too." He comforted, putting an arm around his wife's waist.

"James... What if something happens?"

"Then Molly and Bill will incinerate anything that comes close to our little one." James soothed, running his hand through her hair.

"Bill too! He's supposed to be getting good nights sleep before he goes for training. And he's supposed to prepare for Cairo!"

"Cairo?"

"Did you pay any attention in History of Magic? Even Muggle History?"

"No. I just ogled at you the whole time if I wasn't asleep." The man replied with a smirk.

"Shut it, James," Lily said, her cheeks burning. What he did to her...

The oak doors in front of them creaked and started to barely open. "Lily? James?" An old voice called out. James stepped in front of the crack in the door.

"It's us, Professor," James said seriously. The door creaked open slightly more and James squeezed in, followed by his wife who had much less trouble getting through the crack in the door. The doors closed again and they both turned to see a purple night gown hurry around the corner.

They sprinted through the halls of the castle and slipped through the opening the gargoyle provided. James stopped abruptly when the door closed.

"James?" Lily asked, looking back at her husband. He looked up with pleading eyes and pointed to where the tail of his cloak was caught in the closed door. Lily sighed.

"Uh, licorice wands." She tried, thinking really hard but not wanting to embarrass James by going and getting Dumbledore. "Acid pops," No "Lemon drops," Not that "Errr... Chocolate frogs?"

The door slid back open and James fell forward onto the next stair. "Ow," He grumbled.

"James, come on" Lily said impatiently. He scrambled to his feet and they both ran into the office where Dumbledore was, wearing a purple night gown, and a lilac night cap.

"Ah! Mr. and Mrs. Potter!" He said fondly, his eyes sparkling.

"Call us Lily and James, Professor." Lily supplied, dragging her husband to a chair.

"Alright," He chuckled lightly "You two aren't in school anymore, call me Albus." He provided, spreading his arms, palms of his hands out.

"Okay," James said cheerily.

"Lemon drop?" Albus asked when the couple had settled down in their chairs. Lily politely declined but James took one and popped it in his mouth. "So what brings you here on this fine evening... Or should I say morning?" Albus said, glancing at the clock on the wall.

Lily cleared her throat. "Well, we just had Harry's eleventh birthday party today... Er, yesterday. And he told us something that we would like you to confirm." James nodded and continued eating his lemon drop. "Uh... The Weasleys were there, and as you know, they have a daughter named Ginny." She continued, ignoring James who was nodding with every word she said. "Harry said that anytime he sees her, his chest twitches like his soul is trying to dislodge." She provided, twisting the rings on her ring finger.