Ch. 19

Friday
Harry and Ginny still hadn't heard anything from Moony about the dreams, though, they had something else on their minds at the time.

They were both sitting with Ron and Hermione, unfinished pieces of homework littered around them and essays that needed revising or editing. The fire crackled contentedly and Ginny stirred in her sleep from beside Harry, Ron letting out a snore that seemed to shake the common room.

Harry rubbed his temples gingerly, turning to the page in his Herbology booklet about Plying Pumpernickel. He picked up his quill and dipped it in the ink, chewing the end before writing some notes on what potions this specific ingredient was best in.

Hermione vigorously wrote in her Transfiguration notebook, trying to figure out the difference in the spell that made a feather turn into a bird, and the incantation that turns Tooth of a Wolf into a house dog.

Harry returned to his notes, glancing over the next paragraph and sighing before writing the possible uses of Plying Pumpernickel in Healing.

He heard a snap and looked up to see a red faced Hermione digging through her school bag for a new quill. This disturbance fazed through the air like a bell, waking the sleeping Weasley's from their dreams.

Harry felt a pang of loss as Ginny raised up from being tucked into his side and stretched, her doe eyes scouring the extra large pile of homework in front of her. Harry looked away, aware of the stares he was getting from Ron and Hermione as he watched the red head.

The fire continued to crackle, providing a dim light to read and write by, but Harry couldn't concentrate. His thoughts kept drifting to the strange dreams and the pains in his scar he got mostly at night.

Ginny had told him to go to Dumbledore's office and ask for his parents so they could discuss these latest dreams. But he blatantly disagreed as Dumbledore wasn't even confiding in the pair themselves as to what the dreams meant.

This had led to a fight that he should have known he would lose. It continued from Wednesday to the night before, when Harry had compromised and asked Madam Pomfrey for two bottles of Dreamless Sleep a night, or a nice Calming Draught that the two would take with their tea every evening meal.

It didn't stop the horrid dreams of murder and fights, death and loss. No, the Dreamless Sleep didn't even stop them. So, the Bond Mates decided on calling it another name, the Visions.

Sirius had laughed at their name when they mentioned it, saying that they sounded so mystical even for a Wizard and Witch. And talking about how they would have to keep that name from Trelawney or they'd never leave the attic again.

So, every time the Visions would come, the one would send a message to the other, calling them to wake up before it was their turn to have a Vision.

They had figured out, that if Harry had a Vision, Ginny would have one right afterward. And if Ginny had a Vision, Harry would have one the next morning. They related this to Harry's dreams actually happening, as it was always the same time as when he awoke. If it was dark before he went to bed, it would be dark in the Vision.

This changed with Ginny, hers were completely random as illogical. She could have a Vision during Divination when it was bright outside and the sun was high, but during the Vision, it would be dark as it could be, or during sundown or sunrise.

They both spent many nights in the library before they tied this to Harry's Visions being during the present, that they were actually happening while he was dreaming. And Ginny's were the future, as there still hadn't been a report of a missing girl, or a man walking through the street with a jagged dagger in his hands.