Ch. 35 Happy Birthday, Love; Pt 2

Ginny

"HARRY JAMES POTTER!" I yelled. I had tackled him onto the grass and was now holding him down with my forearm. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU-" I was suddenly cut off as he kissed me quickly.

"Happy birthday, love," He beamed. I was so shocked that he was able to sit up and now I was sitting on his lap. "I had to get your present ready, I didn't want any peeking," He kissed my nose.

"Oh," I said, looking down. He laughed and kissed me again.

"And asking your dad permission to do this," He took a box out of his jacket pocket. "It's a promise ring," He opened it and my eyes widened. I could feel the nerves radiating off of him even though he acted smooth. "Uh, do you want to wear it?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck. I tackled him again, giving him a long kiss then taking the box from his hand.

"It's so pretty," I complemented, standing up and leaving him laying on the ground. He beamed and stood, plucking the ring from the box and sliding it on my finger.

"Now you're promised to me and-" He pulled a chain from under his shirt. There was a ring exactly like mine on it. "Dad's was a bit too big," he explained sheepishly. Seems yours fits perfectly though," He took my hand.

"I can fix that ring, if you want," I offered. He looked me in the eye and slowly took it off his neck, giving it to me. I shrunk it slightly and it fit perfectly on his finger. "Not too girly for you, Potter?" I grinned. He laughed and shook his head, kissing me once again on the head. "Lots of kissing," I said, teasingly. "Aren't you scared my dad will see?"

"No, I asked him already, remember? You're mine now," He pretended to cackle mischievously. I shoved him playfully. Harry took my hands in his and kissed me slowly. A warm feeling spread all through me and I was slightly aware of a golden light. He didn't pull back, not noticing.

Wow she's so pretty

I jerked back, stumbling and falling right on my bum. He looked shocked.

"What the heck is that?" I shouted. I could have sworn I heard Harry's voice. I calmed slightly.

Calm down, Ginny

It was Harry's turn to stumble backwards and land on his butt.

'Harry?' I asked in my mind.

'Uh, I'm here' I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

'Well this is new'