Ch. 47 Triwizard

Ginny silently stirred her food around her plate. She'd been released from the Hospital wing after one day, and was finally eating in the Great Hall again, but something still felt off. She didn't what had happened, but the conversation she'd overheard the night before burned into her mind.

Ginny was curled up under the covers, wishing Harry was with her. He was the only reason her scar had stopped hurting, but now it throbbed and made her stomach tumble. He'd fallen asleep a few hours before, collapsing after a long day of homework (as he'd refused to leave her bedside until she woke, and that was only to use the bathroom) so he'd knocked out early.

She could feel his heartbeat, even though she wasn't close to him. It was even and steady, making her calm. She wished she could go back with him, but she was being watched tonight. Just in case she slipped back into a coma or something, which was stupid because she knew that wouldn't happen.

The door had opened and she squeezed her eyes shut, making her breathing even as she expected the curtain to open. It did, but closed immediately, so she opened her eyes again and stared at the window above her.

Suddenly, a creaking noise came from the other side of the hall and she heard muffled voices come towards her bed. "Is the girl asleep?" The voice drawled. Snape.

"Yes, she's been for a while." Madam Pomfrey replied, her shadow crossing the hall. "What is it Severus? Will she live?" Ginny felt a pang of affection for the old woman. She may act tough around her patients, but she really had a heart of gold.

"Maybe. If we play our cards correctly. I am not sure what exactly happened, but someone slipped her some sort of potion, one even I haven't practiced. Whatever happened, they have access to her mind. Giving her visions, and using that to harm her."

"Oh Merlin, how do we stop them?" The woman asked, and Ginny could hear the internal struggle coming from Snape as he thought of his next words.

"We cannot. Only delay their progress. She will learn Occlumency, and so will the boy. Their minds are at risk. If she dies, who knows what will happen to him?" The way he said it made a lump of hate form in her throat. He acted like it didn't matter if she died or not, just that Harry wasn't hurt in the process. He'd liked Harry more than her, and Ginny had reason to suspect it was because of her boyfriend's parents.

"And if she doesn't learn in time?"

"I have sources that say she will be wounded more and more each few days. They will hurt her to the point of insanity, then rip her soul from his. Someone in this castle is working for them, someone close to both of them. One of the students, perhaps."

"None of the students would do this, Severus!" She protested. She almost continued, but Snape stopped her.

"I never said they were in their right mind. I also have suspicions someone is being manipulated, whether using the Imperious curse or not, something is happening, and we must protect the two at all costs." The lump of anger dissolved slightly at the soft tone of Snape's voice. Maybe he did care...

"Alright, Severus, I must continue watching over her now. Thank you for telling me this."

And Snape left.

Ginny glanced at Harry out of the corner of her eye. He was talking with Dean quietly, probably about Quidditch or something, and Ginny went back to her food, ignoring Harry's slightly bored tone of voice as Dean ranted.

She had to figure out who had spiked her drink or whatever. It could be Dean, or Seamus, or even Hermione. Looking around the table at her friends, Ginny suddenly felt vulnerable.

And that was when Dumbledore announced the other schools's students. Ginny scowled, glancing towards Harry as he sighed.

Can't we have one normal year? He asked, turning to her. She shrugged, watching as the pretty, frilly girls from Bouxbatons pranced down the hall. Harry didn't pay them any attention, instead looked put out over the lack of a sane year at school. Ginny smiled slightly, watching as the big burly guys from Durmstrang strutted down the aisle. One threw a wink in Ginny's direction and Harry squared his shoulders, making her laugh lightly.

Once all of that was over, Harry and Ginny left the hall, heading towards the Common Room. Suddenly, Harry pulled her off the path and looked her in the eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked, placing his hands on either side of her shoulders, against the wall. She slouched, recalling the conversation she'd overheard to him. He looked troubled, wrapping her in his arms.

"I'm fine. I'll be fine." I promised, pushing him away gently and pulling him back towards the Common Room. "I'll get some sleep, wake up tomorrow, we'll get through this Tournament without being bored out of our minds then we'll go back home and everything'll be fine." She knew that he didn't want her to comfort him, he wanted to comfort her. But she felt his apprehension and fear, which only made her own intensify.

They walked back to the Common Room, peacefully unaware of the trials they'd be going through in little less than a week.