Ch. 39 Back to Hogwarts

Hey guys! There's a blizzard today so I figured I'd write something really quick. There's some kissing in this one, but nothing remotely bad!

Ron and Hermione soon left again, probably to find their own empty compartment, but Harry didn't really care. As soon as they left, Ginny turned to him and stared him in the eyes.

"This is probably the last time we'll be alone for a while." She sighed, her hand taking his. Harry could tell where her mind was going. It wasn't anything bad, of course, she was just upset. He could feel it coming off in waves. She was afraid of the Bond, and how much it had hurt last year when they were separated for days.

"I know." He tried to caress her mind with his, but she pushed him away gently.

"Harry, I have a bad feeling about this. I had a dream last night-"

"Ginny, I told you to stop hiding these things from me." Harry took her hand in his with worried eyes

"Just... Stay away from graveyards... Okay?"

"Okay..."

He wrapped her in his arms, pulling her into his side as she tugged at his jacket. Warmth spread through his chest, and he felt it coming off of her as well.

"Did you see Ron's face?" She asked out loud. Harry turned to face her, butterflies in his stomach as she smiled at him.

"No?" She laughed, twisting so that she was facing him and wrapping her arms around his neck.

"He looked like he was about to puke slugs. Again." Harry chuckled, rubbing circles onto her back.

"Why? Because you were sleeping on my lap?" Ginny snorted.

"We could glance at each other and he'd take it the wrong way..." Her chocolate eyes gleamed. "Maybe we should tease him about it. I think Hermione's told him about us dating. But maybe not." Harry smiled slightly.

"That'll put him in his place now won't it?"

"Suppose so." She kissed him quickly, and laughed when she pulled away. Harry tried to catch her lips again, but she dodged.

"You know what you are Ginny Weasley? A tease." Harry groaned, fake glaring at her. She smiled innocently and pecked his lips. Harry wasn't having any of that, when she tried to pull away, he placed a firm hand at the back of her head and held her in place. She smiled against his lips and let her eyes close.

Harry's glasses had been pushed up onto his mop of hair, which had in turn fallen in his eyes. His green eyes, which Ginny had come to love staring into. She kissed his cheek again and pushed his hair away from his forehead to she could press her lips to his scar, which was slightly warm to the touch even though it hadn't hurt him in a year.

His arms were around her waist, one hand holding hers. They were calloused from years of Quidditch and gripping a quill, but somehow soft, and incredibly warm and inviting. Ginny found that she couldn't slow her heart rate from the mess it was. She still had slight trouble catching her breath, as each time she breathed in, she smelled musk and something sweet.

Harry had much the same problems, except he couldn't form a coherent sentence. He reviewed the entire Quidditch Broom Maintenance chapter on polishing the broom handle just so he wouldn't kiss her again. That'd be embarrassing, especially since Ron and Hermione could be back at any moment.

Ginny's cheeks were pink, and her eyes had a slight glitter in them, she had been staring into his eyes for a minute now, and he smiled as her gaze flickered around his face before placing a quick kiss on his cheek and his forehead. Her lips were pleasantly cool on his scar, which was slightly warm.

"We need to change into our robes." She mumbled. Harry knew she was right, but was just too comfortable to move. He held her closer, putting his head on her shoulder.

"Harry!" Ginny didn't make him move for a while, but instead sighed and laid her head on his lovingly. Harry breathed in and out, finding that he could smell the flowery scent stronger than normal from her hair, and she slowly pushed him away, standing up.

"I'll go change in the restroom." And she went outside with a bright red face. He smiled, hearing her intentions that she didn't want him to see her blushing. She'd run in there and dowse her face with water before changing.

Harry changed into his robes and lazily made up his tie, it was slightly messy as always. He'd never really been a fan of the uniforms, and McGonagall had had to reprimand him for leaving his tie untied or shirt untucked several times. She remarked that he was just like his father.

Ginny came back in, as always looking beautiful with her slightly messy hair and clean face. She never wore makeup or anything, which Harry loved. She didn't need a drop of that stuff to look stunning.

"Ready?" She asked as the train stopped. Harry grinned, grabbing the trunks off of the shelf. She grabbed for hers, but he pulled it away.

I need to be a good boyfriend, Gin. She snorted and crossed her arms, walking in front as they went to leave.

Harry figured this would be a good year. Especially if he and Ginny could find time together, maybe at the astronomy tower, or sneaking food from the kitchens. Yeah, it would be a good year.