Ch. 63 I Beleive I Can Fly

Ginny was walking through the hallway, rubbing sleep from her eyes as she made her way quickly to Transfiguration, eager to meet Harry there. The students around her were going at a much slower pace than she would have liked, but she kept pushing and shoving towards the classroom.

Something warm touched her arm and Ginny whirled around to see two hard grey eyes. Before she could speak, Katrin removed her hand from Ginny's arm and looked down.

"The egg. Hold it under water." She whispered, eyes roaming over the stone slabs on the floor. Ginny blinked a few times.

"E-excuse me? Why hold it under wate-" but Katrin cut her off with a sharp look.

"Just do it, I'm trying to be nice." She snapped, then her eyes softened slightly and she might've given the closest to a smile Ginny had ever seen her wear. "I'm sorry. That was rude. I heard it from Hannah, who heard Cedric say how he figured it out. He was going to tell Harry anyway, so I figured I'd give you two more time." Her eyes turned cold again, "Don't think this means we're friends, I still hate you two." And she swept away.

"Well then, goodbye to you as well." Ginny murmured, surprised at the sudden exit. She sighed, turning on her heel towards the classroom.

///

Arithmacy was by far the most boring class ever. Ginny thought as she fiddled with her ring. The Ravenclaws around her were silent, but every other Gryffindor that had taken this class was chattering excitedly about the ball. Ginny's head throbbed as she laid her head down, not expecting to be so tired.

Everything went downhill as soon as she closed her eyes.

///

She woke up in the small classroom, glancing around the area. But once again, it was dark, cold, and dreadful. Her mind couldn't process hardly anything as she looked around, surprised at the sudden change of atmosphere.

Then she realized, and almost hit herself on the head. If it wasn't for the fact she became paralyzed with sudden fear. Papers skittered across the floor, blown away by the small gusts of wind coming from a large hole in the side of the building. Ginny's heart ached when she saw that. There was no one around, instead just empty desks and torn up books. A piece of the table in front of her had been singed off, and if she looked closely she could see a splatter of blood.

Holding back her bile, Ginny rose from her seat, shivering as the wind swept over her frame. In moments he would appear, she knew it. And it made her anxious, scared. But perhaps she could sway him like she did before.

After a few seconds, Ginny decided she wasn't just going to sit there and wait. She'd stand and make her way towards him, confidently, not letting him see that he was one of her worst fears. So she did, she stood and shuffled across the dusty floor, thankful that it muffled her footsteps as she crept towards the hallway.

In the corridor, Ginny almost closed her eyes at the sight, there was several pieces of jagged glass littered around the small area. Chunks of rock had been blasted from their proper place, landing on tapestries and empty paintings. The air smelled like smoke.

Ginny swallowed, stepping onto the cold stone, her eyes sweeping the area like Sirius taught her. Check out the area, don't run blindly into a situation. Who better to teach that than a prankster?

Nothing appeared to be insanely dangerous at this moment. Ginny wished Harry was there, so she could do that eagle vision thing where she automatically realized all immediate dangers. But he wasn't, so she had to figure that out manually.

There seemed to be a puddle of who-knows-what on the floor over by the window, small rocks jutted from the path, there were holes in the wall, but otherwise, it was safe as a field of daisies.

Ginny almost laughed at her little joke, knowing she was just lying to herself, but stayed quiet, creeping along the halls. There wasn't any noise. Everything has gone muted, and the only sound she could hear was a faint whistling from the wind. There were no birds or bugs or any creature at all within sight. And, even though it shouldn't, that terrified her.
She'd known Hogwarts to be a home away from home, and the sounds of nature were one of the things she loved about the place. The chittering of bugs and the songs of birds. They reminded her of home.

Ginny took a deep breath, and set off towards the staircases, determined to at least get down another floor since it was clear there was nothing else up here. As she walked, Ginny suddenly got the feeling that she was doing the exact thing Chimp Man would want. She was going the safe way, towards the Entrance Hall, where no doubt she would be jumped.

So instead, the red head headed up stairs, towards the Ravenclaw Tower. It was the only place she could think of that Chimp Man wouldn't anticipate. Going to the Slytherin Common Room would be her next shot, but it would require her going down the stairs, where Chimp Man could be waiting. Hufflepuff Commons would also be a good place, except again it'd be pretty obvious. They had plants and things for healing in there, Ginny's stalker would obviously know she'd think she could get ahold of something to numb the pain in there.

So, she sighed and made her way to the only safe haven she could think of. The tower had a strange lock, one Ginny knew she definitely didn't have the time to figure out, but instead of having to answer the riddle, Ginny found that the door was wide open. The Eaglehead knocker had been blown off, leaving a dark soot mark where it had been.

Ginny pushed her way into the room, stopping only for a minute to admire the tall ceiling and study like arrangements before she pushed her way towards the dorms, happy she'd outsmarted the man.

She treked up to the seventh year dorms, surprised to see a large hole was also in this very tall tower. It ripped through the blue and bronze walls, making light shine into room and bounce off of the blue beds which had been covered in destroyed rock.

Ginny glanced up at the ceiling, making sure it wouldn't cave in, then made her way towards the hole, grabbing the side of the wall for support and ignoring the pangs of pain as the sharp bits of rock embedded in her palm slightly. She leaned out, her stomach dropping at the hight she was at. If she fell, it would be seconds until she died. Completely broken.

"Ah, I see you've figured it out." A voice said from behind her. Ginny whirled around, shocked to see two blue eyes two feet in front of her. The man stood before her, and for really the first time Ginny saw his whole stature. He was tall, with curly red hair and a long jaw, perpetually frowning at the large gaping hole behind her. His hands fell limply at his sides, slightly longer than his torso so it made him have the appearance of being hunched over. His side burns just enhanced the Monkey-like look about him. He wore a Muggle business suit that Ginny just thought was a bit overboard.

"How did you-"

"Find you?" The man laughed, his eyes still remaining almost emotionless. "Well, this is a dream. A dream that I control. You thought you could outsmart me?" He sneered.

Ginny glared at him, from the tips of his polished shoes to the ends of his hair. The man just smiled.

"You can't outsmart me." He chuckled, "No one can outsmart Mr Patrick." His eyes flicked to the hole again. "Now, be a good girl and come with me, we have places to be."

The way he talked in third person sometimes was freaking Ginny out, but even as she looked for a way to escape, she knew she'd have to go with him. Really the only way out was the door in front of her, where no doubt Patrick would expect her to run. That or...

Ginny got an idea. It was completely stupid, and most likely get her severely injured, but it'd have to do. She smiled, a mischievous one that would make the Mauraders run for their money.

"Okay." She agreed. Chimp Patrick raised his eyebrows, clearly surprised. "On one condition. We race." She grinned.

"I... Suppose we could." He muttered, and Ginny jumped at the chance before she lost her nerve. He'd expect her need to live to be stronger than her stupid nature, so he'd never expect this.

"Okay. Meet you down there!" She smiled, stepping backwards. The last thing she remembered was the wind through her hair as Chimpy screamed in protest and anger. Then she blacked out.