Ch. 5

"James! How could Dumbledore let YOU KNOW WHO INTO THE CASTLE! He taught our baby! HE WAS RIGHT THERE!" She screamed, running her fingers through her hair as she rushed around the house, trying to get everything together. Including a bunch of sweets for her poor baby boy.

"I don't know Lily" James said with venom in his voice. "Crap... We're installing a fireplace in here if I have to build it with my bare hands. We need a Floo System."

"Let's go to the Weasleys, I'm sure they'd let us tag along with them to Hogwarts"

"Alright babe" He agreed, slinging his arm over her shoulder to comfort her as they walked out the front door of their home. Lilys face was covered in tear tracks from the sobbing she had done minutes before. James slowly reached out a hand, as to not startle her, and wiped her cheeks. She sniffed and snuggled tighter into his side as they reached the gate of their house.

They both felt the uncomfortable feeling of Disapperating, and the red-head squeezed her eyes shut until she felt ground beneath her feet. She gulped in air, not liking Apparation at all.

They both walked to the door of the Burrow and knocked. The door flew open and Molly hugged each of them before rushing around, trying to get everything ready to visit her son.

"Ginny! Hurry" Molly shouted up the stairs. A jet of red went down the stairs and to the couch were she proceeded to tie her shoes. "No running on the stairs" Molly admonished quietly, knowing that it was no use.

The look on Ginny's face was heartbreaking. She looked so terrified. That may have been because of her brother, but Lily had a feeling it was different than that.

They all hurried over to the fireplace and Molly and Ginny went first. Then James and Lily. When they got there, they were surprised to see a mountain of sweets by their sons bed. He looked up from some Bertie Botts Jelly Beans and smiled. Lily let out a sob and ran to her son, not even realizing he had company.

Dumbledore side stepped out of the way and let Lily attack her son with hugs and kisses. "Mum... Muumm... Mum!" Harry raised his voice slightly, getting his mother's attention. "I'm okay" He said with a smile. She smiled back and wrapped him in her arms again, this time, James wrapped both of them in a hug.

James and Lily sat down beside Harry and started asking questions. They noticed Harry's eyes slide away for a few moments, then turn back, embarrassed.

"What happened?" Lily asked softly, taking her sons hand "Can you tell us about it? Please?" Harry sighed and launched into the story. Lily held him close and thanked Merlin for Ron and Hermione. She smiled at him and he smiled back slightly.

"Mum, Dad... Are you going to take me back home?" He asked quietly. Lily raised her eyebrows, not expecting the hopeful look on his face. His gaze shifted again and Lily followed his gaze again. She saw Molly with her hands around Ron's, who was still fast asleep.

She was confused to why Harry would stare at Molly, but then saw that right beside Molly, Ginny had her hand on her brother's shoulder and they were both muttering to him.

Lily got a knowing look and turned to James who shrugged. "It's up to you, this is his first year though..." Lily nodded and turned back to Harry.

"We need to have a word with Professor Dumbledore, then we will decide..." She said, smiling at her son. He nodded slightly and his eyes began fluttering. She kissed his forehead and smiled as she watched his breathing even out as he fell into a deep sleep, a smile etched on his face.

Lily got up, pulling her husband with her and noticed that Arthur had joined Molly at Ron's bedside. "Molly, Arthur... We are going to have a word with Albus, I'm sure you would like to come too" She said, her voice laced with the dislike of Dumbledore. The pair nodded and Lily began to plan exactly what she was going to say to Professor Dumbledore. She smiled when she realized she had added a few colorful words in her script that she was going to read to Albus.