Ch. 9

Ginny took several shaky breaths as she started begging "T-Tom! Please! I thought you were my friend!" She cried, her legs carrying her deeper into the Chamber. He chuckled, forcing her to nearly sprint, the pain in her head and limbs was unbelievable.

"Ginevra Ginevra Ginevra" He chuckled again before shoving her to the floor "You've never been my friend, and I've never been yours" He chuckled once more before commanding her to take out the diary. "I'll be in full form once more" The pain increased as a sickly black smoke swirled from the diary and straight to her chest.

She was on fire, pain and rage filled her, as well as terror, and sadness. She writhed, her strength weakening with every move and every second. One last minute, and the form of the boy she had been talking to was inked behind her eyelids as he continued to reform.

She couldn't keep it up any longer, and let her body go slack. Inky blackness swirled around her and a flash of fire was just feet from her before she passed out.
-----

As Harry ran to the Headmasters office, all he could think about were those cold, black eyes. His steps pounded in his ears and he knew he was running on pure adrenaline.

As he neared the statue to the Headmasters office, it jumped to the side suddenly, allowing him to plow through and up the stairs.

"Hurry!" He yelled into Dumbledores office "Its Ginny! Ginny Weasley! She's hurt!"

"Fawkes! Take us to Miss Weasley" Dumbledore ordered, his voice so calm it was scary. Fawkes glided over, flapping his wings over Dumbledores head. The bearded man took Harry's hand and raised his own above his head.

Fawkes swooped down, allowing Dumbledore to grab her tail feather.

A flash of fire, orange, yellow, and red danced across Harrys vision. Quicker than Floo'ing, but not as quick as Apparating, they swirled in the fire until it stopped suddenly.

They were standing in a cold, dark, and damp chamber. Statues of snakes with their mouths open made out of grey stone lined the walk way and a giant head of Salazar Slytherin lay in the Chamber.

"The Chamber of Secrets" Harry whispered, recognizing the description that Hermione had read from one of her books. His eyes continued to search the room.

The green eyes fixed on a swirling black mist at the end of the Chamber. He suddenly felt a twinge in his scar that grew hotter every second.

Dumbledore gasped as the mist moved slightly, revealing a head of red hair.

"Ginny!" Harry exclaimed, stepping forward but being stopped by Dumbledore.

"No sudden movements" He whispered. Harry stood completely still aside from the quick breaths coming from his mouth. His heart beat seemed to echo around him as it thumped harder than ever.

"If I had known, Harry... I'd never have taken you here" Dumbledore whispered. Harry looked up at him quickly in shock to hear him with a tinge of fear in his voice, but too quickly. The sudden movement brought the black mists attention.

"Harry Potter" It whispered. Harrys heart stopped, his palms sweating and his hands shaking but he brought up all his Gryffindor courage and shouted across the Chamber.

"LEAVE HER ALONE! LET HER GO!" The Chamber vibrated with each word, making loose rocks fall. One came dangerously close to Ginny, but bounced harmlessly away as if she were under a force field.

The mist swirled slower and slower until there was the body of a young boy, about seventeen, with dark hair and piercing eyes. His face was twisted with pain and weakness was evident in his voice.