Ch. 16

Ginny woke up on the first day of what Sirius said would be 'Vigorous training of the Dark Arts Defender' she had no idea what he was talking about, but didn't question it.

As she walked down the stairs, she noticed her brother, Ron, come down too. She also, in two seconds, heard a rats squeal and a mans outrage.

The next minute, Sirius Black was holding Rons pet Scabbers by the scruff of the neck. Ron made to grab the animal, but Sirius stunned the rat and tossed it to the floor, saying a quick spell.

A flash of light filled the room and she felt someone race to her side. She covered her face with her hands and silently prayed the light would go away. The light did, and soon, she was staring at a man on the floor.

With lightning moves, Sirius raised his wand on the man. But apparently, not fast enough, as the man hopped up and dived away. The stunner hit a couch and bounced to hit Ron in the shoulder as he shouted.

The man saw Harry who was standing slightly in front of Ginny and smiling, he pointed his wand towards him.

But at the last moment, Ginny pushed him out of the way and fell on top of him. The spell hit the wall behind her as she rolled onto her back. Another spell caused Harry to roll over to the only available space. This caused him to fall onto Ginny.

Pettigrew was apprehended quickly and Aurors brought him to the Ministry. Sirius turned and with a grin, noticed Harry's and Ginny's current position.

"Harry?" Ginny asked

"Yes" He said, looking her in the eyes.

"Please move"

"Yes" He said, still watching her.

"Harry! I'm serious! You're heavy" She waved her hand in his face and he finally blinked before rolling to the floor with an embarrassed look and a blush. Ginny brushed herself off as she blushed.

Sirius stepped forward and saved his godson from being anymore embarrassed. "That was Peter Pettigrew, as I'm sure you two know all about him, let's run along and start training"

The two agreed and they made their way to the Defense classroom. Harry kept glancing at Ginny along the way, embarrassed for what he did. He just couldn't get the image out of his head. Her wide brown eyes, long lashes, wavy red hair, pink lips that looked so- NO! He did not fancy Ginny Weasley and that's that!

Ginny, however, was reading his conflicted emotions, while simultaneously trying to figure out her own. Had she wanted him to kiss her? No... She was only twelve, she didn't need to think about it. Sure, she wondered what it was like to kiss a boy like she had read in those Muggle romance books that her mum tried to hide from her. She wondered if it really was like 'Sparks' or 'fireworks' that filled you.

But she did not want her best friend Harry Potter, the black haired, green eyed....- No! She shook her head as they walked and sighed. Ginny Weasley does NOT fancy Harry Potter!

They found themselves in a spacious room with many different pieces of weaponry. Ginny wondered where they were, and why they had avoided the DADA classroom. She remembered walking past a tapestry three times, but was too caught up in herself to see where they were going.

Sirius showed them around, saying that this was the Room of requirement. They explored a while, at one point, Harry took one of the chainmail helmets off the shelf and said.

"The finest for you, milady" Before plopping the helmet on her head She grinned, though she could barely see, and pulled the helmet off her head before reaching up and placing it on his.

"There you are, good sir" She said, he smiled and took a sword off the rack beside him and swung it sloppily while hopping back and forth on his feet.

"Yah! Yah! Foul beast!" Harry said, stabbing the air. Sirius glanced over and laughed. Harry dropped the sword and Ginny called out as the sharp edge hit his foot. He yelped and rubbed his foot, but it didn't appear to be cut or anything.

"Why didn't it cut?" Harry asked, looking over at Sirius who was watching in amusement.

"You think that the I would allow sharp weapons to fall into the hands of you two? No, they're enchanted." He explained, continuing his tour of the room.

Harry shrugged and took the sword, pressing it to his skin. Nothing, no matter how hard he pushed the edge against his skin, it was almost like foam, though it had the texture of metal, it bent when he pressed it too hard, then snapped back in place afterwards.

"Alright, you two. How about a simple disarming spell first?" Sirius asked. Harry groaned, as he had already learned this from his dad. Sirius raised his eyebrows at the boy, who sighed and stood across from him.

"Alright, Harry. Disarm me before I disarm you" Sirius said, holding out his wand towards the boys chest. Harry raised his wand and took a deep breath. He felt Ginny walk over to the sidelines as a referee, he smiled when he also felt her gaze fall on him.

"Expelliamus!"

"Expell-" Sirius was cut off as his wand flew out of his hand and hit the back wall, hard. It was so fast, he blinked, and his wand was on the floor at the other side of the room.

Harry grinned as Sirius walked over and picked up his wand. Sirius then walked over to where a small table was and wrote something down on a pad of paper before walking back to Harry.

"That, was a powerful spell. This, of course, was because you and Ginny share the same magic. When your magic combined, you have what she had. And she, yours, so now you have double what you should have had, magic wise." Sirius explained "So, that also means that we should probably start with harder spells. If you know a spell, Harry, she will too. And she can do whatever you can. That will make these lessons easy."

Sirius pointed his wand at Ginny and she disarmed him just like Harry did, before he could even finish the spell. Sirius grinned.

"I think, you two should work on Patronus'" Sirius said, grabbing his wand from the floor again. "For example" He waved his wand and muttered a spell. A light erupted from the tip of his wand and a shaggy dog bounded around the room before disappearing. "The incantation is Expecto Patronum" Sirius said, walking over to a chair and sitting down "Just wave your wand, or don't move it at all. It doesn't really matter. Think of the happiest memory you have, the happier it is, the better the Patronus. Let the memory fill you"

Ginny stood next to Harry for the next hour and a half, trying out the spell. Neither could do more than a mist, but Sirius said that it would take some practice to make a corpeal and most never even achieve it. He said it usually takes weeks for someone to make a Patronas.

After a quick lunch of sandwiches and pumpkin juice, Harry and Ginny were at it again. This time, Harry was surprised to see a flickering form erupt from his wand. He couldn't make it out, but saw what looked like antlers.

Ginny, then tried harder and eventually got the same, without the antlers. Sirius beamed at this and dismissed them with hugs and instructions to practice thinking of the happy memories.