Ch. 18

Wednesday
Harry woke with a sense of impending doom. Yes, that described it.

He shot up as the feeling was pushed away. He knew where it was from, and what was going on. Ginny was in trouble.

He got up and grabbed the Mauraders Map, taking it and activating it before searching for her. He saw her name in a hallway that looked like it led to Professor Lupins room. He jumped out of bed and threw on his cloak as he saw who she was with. Snape.

Ginny pulled on her night robe and walked down the stairs to the hallway, making her way to Professor Lupins room. She walked with her head down and her light stifled by the palm of her hand.

Several moments later, the light got brighter, and she looked up to see a figure approach her.

"Nox" She whispered, going to hide behind a nearby suit of armor. But before she could hide, a light appeared in front of her. She looked up the long nose and into the cold eyes of Severus Snape.

"What are you doing out of bed after curfew?" He drawled, lacing every word with hate. She gulped before trying to back up a bit, covering her eyes.

"I-" She tried to explain, he cut her off.

"Twenty points from Gryffindor for being out past curfew"

"Professor Snape, I-" She started, her Weasley temper slowly building.

"Ten points for sassing a teacher, Miss Weasley." He had an odd look of what seemed like joy as he pointed his wand at her, making her cover her eyes. The portraits around them complained heavily at this.

"Ginny! Did Professor Lupin already speak to you? I was worried" A voice called out from the hall. Ginny felt relief as she sensed Harry running towards them. He appeared to stop abruptly at the sight of Snape. "Professor Snape?" She heard him ask.

"Potter, why are you out this late also? I doubt your mother will be happy with this late night rendezvous with an older boy, Miss Weasley" He said, avoiding Harry's eyes.

"Oh no, Professor" Harry said, with a little too much enthusiasm "Ginny and I had something to ask Professor Lupin about our private lessons, we just figured something out" Harry said, walking up beside Ginny "Ginny was going to request he meet us in the Common Room"

Ginny felt Snape's eyes bore into the side of her head. "Is this true, Miss Weasley?" Snape asked. She looked him straight in his cold, and dark eyes, a look of determination in her own. She nodded.

Snape looked back and forth between the two "What is so important it couldn't wait until tomorrow?" He drawled. Ginny looked over at Harry who glanced at her.

"That is our business, not yours. Professor" Harry said, barely hiding the venom in his voice. Ginny grabbed his wrist as she felt his anger rise, it depleted as quickly as it came when she touched him.

Snape sneered before opening his mouth again "Severus?" A new voice said. Everyone looked to see Remus Lupin staring at them, wand in hand. "Why are you interrogating them? They have special permission from me" He said, stepping forward "In writing" He added.

Snape looked back at Harry "Is that so?"

"Yes, Severus. I solemnly swear I gave it to them so no one would think they had been up to no good" He emphasized those words and Harry's eyes lit up, he took out a piece of parchment before catching Remus' eyes and handing it to Snape.

Snape sneered as he read the writing. He glanced over at Remus, then back to Harry and Ginny before shoving the paper into Ginny's hands forcibly and leaving. Harry sighed and grinned at Ginny who gave him a look.

"What?" He asked. Ginny scoffed and rolled her eyes, muttering about boys and getting into trouble.

Remus watched the exchange with amusement, reminded of another couple that did this frequently. He made a mental note to tell Lily and James that Harry and Ginny acted just like them at that age.

"So" Ginny said awkwardly. Remus looked over at her "are we in trouble?" She asked. Remus laughed but shook his head.

"I assume there's a reason you two are out... Unless there is something else going on that I need to tell your parents about" He said with a stern look, both kids blushed fiercely.

"No, Professor Lupin. But, I think I know something new about the Bond" Ginny whispered the last part, stepping forward. Harry looked at her in surprise. Remus looked between them before motioning for them to follow.

They made their way to Lupins office and settled down in the chairs, the Grindylow in a tank gurgling softly.

"Now," Lupin started "What is it you've figured out" Ginny looked to Harry and sighed.

"Tell him your dream" She said to Harry. He stared at her wide eyed before looking back at his teacher and sighing, recalling the dream as well as he could.

Lupin looked intrigued, scratching his chin. He looked over to Ginny and she sighed before complying and telling him and Harry her dream she had the night before and that night. They both looked at her for a long moment before Harry cleared his throat.

"Why didn't you tell me, Gin?" He asked. She glanced at him and looked down at her hands.

"I didn't think it meant anything. I've seen several because of Tom, him leading people, girls, into secluded places..." She trailed off, blinking away tears "I thought that this was another memory, but... I didn't realize that I usually was him in those dreams. But, in these, I had a conscious and I was walking on my own accord and-" A tear dropped from her eye as she trailed off.

Harry moved over and wrapped his Bond Mate in his arms, kissing the top of her head as she cried quietly. That was something he loved about her, she didn't like to show her weakness and never gave in to it, though it was a bit concerning in situations like the year before.

Wait! He startled himself. Did he just say he loved her? He loved her, but not like... That. Right? No, he just said he loved that about her. Not her specifically, right? He had a nagging feeling that he was just lying to himself, but pushed it back and sighed before rubbing her back soothingly.

"I'll talk to Albus" Moony said, standing "You two need to sleep. School is tomorrow and if you're lucky, you'll get five hours of sleep" He said, placing a hand on Harry's shoulders and looking at Ginny with sad eyes.

Harry nodded and led Ginny to the door. "Thank you, Moony" Harry said, walking off. Remus smiled at the two before making his way to Albus with this new conceived information, though he thought he knew what it was. He had read it before in a Soul Bond book that had survived the raid in the fifteen hundreds.

It stated that the Soul Bonded would have several powers, some specifying to either the Male or Female. One, was the female would have dreams of her and her Bond Mates impending future. The male, would have dreams he would need to protect his Bond Mate. If they were in trouble, he'd dream of what was happening in the present, such as in Harry's dream, to their Bond Mate or their Bond Mate's attackers plan.

Remus sighed again as he walked to Dumbledores office. He knew that the old man wouldn't want him to tell anybody, not even James and Lily or Molly and Arthur. He didn't agree, but he would have to.

So, as the werewolf walked up the stairs to his boss's office, he felt himself sinking into loneliness, and not just because the full moon was soon, but because he knew he would face the rage of Lily and James if he- Because he kept this information from them. And if anything happened to Ginny or Harry. He would be blamed for going along with Albus and not telling of their dreams.

Remus sighed once more, and opened the door.