Ch. 60 Dancing With Prestigious Intentions

Harry glowered at the floor in front of him, trying to tune out the nonsensical conversations that his male classmates held. Ginny was at least two yards ahead of him, her head in her hands as the girls giggled beside her.

Can they be any more annoying? She asked. Harry nodded back, trying to tune out Seamus talking about Romilda Vane's legs. He still kept an ear out though, making sure no one was talking about either Ginny or Hermione. If they did talk about them, especially Ginny, Harry would definitely knock their two front teeth out.

Luckily, the boys seemed to have learned their lesson from the time Harry caught Dean Thomas staring at Ginny's face, legs, and everything in between, and nearly killed the boy. Just thinking of that made him sick. He didn't want Ginny to be violated like she was already, from the weird Chimp Man. Harry admitted he liked that the Bond sped up their maturity, so they both looked like they were maybe fifteen to sixteen, but the downside was that it made his Bond Mate 10x more attractive to boys other than himself.

Ron sat beside him, chin placed on his hand as he thought about something. Harry suspected it was one of the boy's two loves. Hermione, or chicken.

"You ask her yet?" Harry asked. Ron's head snapped over to his friend, eyes wide.

"Herm- I mean, who?" Ron shot back, crossing his arms.

"Merlin, Ron, just ask her. I heard Krum's getting up his courage already." Harry responded, completely unfazed.

"I- I- What about you, huh?" Ron changed the subject quickly, ears turning red. "Asked Ginny yet?"

Harry frowned, "She's my girlfriend. Of course we're going together, I don't have to ask."

"She's a girl. Of course you have to ask, or before you know it, she'll be dancing with Finnigan over there." Ron reminded him. Harry bit back a retort, knowing that his friend had a point.

"And how should I do that? I'm not very good at, y'know, being romantic." Harry whispered, glancing towards where Ginny was sitting, trying to look interested in something Parvarti was saying.

"How should I know? Also, ew."

"You're the one that brought it up." Harry huffed, leaning on the stair behind him, mind plagued with thoughts. He glanced around for Hermione, who wasn't sitting with Ginny, and caught sight of several girls staring at him and giggling, but just rolled his eyes then quickly went back to looking for Hermione. He found his friend sitting a few rows behind Ginny, trying to make her way towards the girl. But all around her, females swarmed like wasps, pushing and giggling and shoving.

McGonagall strode to the middle of the room and announced a dance lesson. Harry groaned with the other boys, ignoring the squeals coming from the other gender.

Soon, they were pairing up, and Harry rushed to Ginny's side, smiling. At least he got to dance with her again.

"Hey." He put his hand on her waist, taking her hand. Ginny smiled taking his arm.

"Hey, Potter, let's dance, shall we?" They did, gliding around the room almost effortlessly while continuing their conversation.

"So, what's happened today?" Harry asked. Ginny rolled her eyes, still softly smiling.

"Well, it's only been an hour since I last saw you, Potter. But, there has been some strange things." Harry hummed, pulling her slightly closer.

"Katrin Boyle?" She asked. Harry nodded, remembering the girl from after the First Task. Hufflepuff. "She's in my Muggle Studies class. Hermione and I noticed her glowering at us today during a lecture." Harry almost asked why, but Ginny cut him off. "I don't know why, I don't think she likes us."

"Maybe not." Harry whispered, twirling his Bond Mate. He was aware of McGonagall staring at them with wide eyes, but ignored it.

"I'm ready for dinner." Ginny sighed, grimacing. "Don't think I'll be able to stand all of these girls giggling about the ball. Hopefully it'll be quiet in the Common Room tonight." Harry agreed, slowing their pace slightly.

"Maybe we can sneak out to the Clearing tonight, with all the buzz, I doubt anyone will notice." Harry suggested, ignoring McGonagall calling for them to switch partners.

"Maybe. But you're a champion, girls'll be hounding after you." Ginny teased. Harry rolled his eyes.

"They know I'm with you. They're smart, the boys aren't. Those buffoons are the only ones we really have to worry about." Ginny laughed, wrapping her arms around Harry's neck.

"We have to switch partners." She reminded. Harry reluctantly let go of her, watching as a boy automatically came up to her. He smiled when she denied and made her way to Fred, who started dancing with her goofily.

Ron and Hermione were awkwardly shuffling in the corner, not meeting each other's gaze as they dance. Harry smiled, going to sit on the benches with a sigh.

The people around him stumbled over each other, a mass of awkward limbs. George and Lee glided by, both humming with high voices as they twirled.

Harry laughed, glancing around. His eyes landed on Ginny again, who was still dancing with her older brother, who kept lugging her across the floor as she practically died from laughter. Her hair fell into her face, and when she tried to move it, Fred whisked her hand away and twirled her, making more hair fall in her face until she could barely see.

After another few minutes, Ginny stumbled over, trying to put her hair back into it's ponytail. "Shut it, Emerald." She sighed, glaring at the laughing boy before her. Harry acted appalled, and almost retorted, but just then they were dismissed and hurried out of the room.

"Clearing?" Harry suggested. Ginny nodded.

"Five minutes, let me go get a new hair band since Fred somehow made it fly straight off my head." Harry laughed and headed to the Meadow, blissfully unaware of the sickness settling in a Hufflepuff's stomach as she watched the exchange with baleful eyes.