Ch. 38 Train

Harry's POV (1st Person)

I wanted to spend more time with my little sister, but of course, I couldn't. Hogwarts was starting, and I had to say I was slightly excited for this year.

The white smoke that always hovered above the train seemed to glow brighter as I gripped Ginny's hand. She smiled at me as we continued our goodbyes. Cara was bundled in a pink blanket, cooing in my mum's arms. I kissed her forehead before we left.

Ginny has been teasing me about that, that I've become wound around the little baby's finger, but I know she secretly likes it. When I kiss my sister's forehead, a spot of warmth comes from Ginny's general direction. Pulling with it a bucket full of attraction.

Ginny and I board the train, pulling our trunks. I offered to pull hers, but she slapped my arm and started walking again. I laughed, shaking my head as I followed.

We found a compartment soon, settling down and waiting for Ron and Hermione to show up. Ginny laced her fingers with mine and a glow rose from our intertwined hands.

Checking to see that Ron was still on the platform talking to Hermione and her parents, and that the train wasn't going to leave for another few minutes, I smiled and kissed her quickly. She scoffed immediately, rolling her eyes. I grinned and she once again put her lips on mine before setting an open book in front of her.

Ginny laughed, her eyes sparkling when she saw I was jumping up and down in the seat. "Excited, are we?"

"Of course, I love it when you read to me."

"Who said I'd read to you?"

I pouted, but she just kissed my cheek lightly and looked down at the pages.

"She took his hand in hers, sneaking a glance around the corner. Spells flew past them, throwing colors across the ground. Whoever was there, knew where they were. For a minute, the girl took her time scouting the next hallway. When she turned around, she grabbed the boy's collar forcefully placed her lips on his."

"'Be careful' She whispered, tracing her finger down his sharp jawline. He nodded, wrapping her in his arms for a few seconds before sweeping black hair from his eyes. They stared at each other for a second, before the boy bolted around the corner."

"What was that Gin?"

"It's just another short story, the title is Soul."

"Oh, read me another!"

"Fine, but Ron is here and looks like he might call the mental hospital on us."

Third Person

Harry laughed, wrapping his arm around her waist as she scooted closer to him, breathing in her flowery scent. She continued reading another story through their bond as Harry placed his head on her shoulder, his nose brushing against her neck.

She read until his breathing evened and the train had been going for about ten minutes. Finally, Hermione walked in the compartment, already in her robes. She sat beside Ron, greeting Ginny before laughing at the snoring black haired boy. Ginny had moved his head onto her lap and was now running her fingers through his hair, something she'd wanted to do for a while.

Ron sat in the corner silently, tapping his fingers on his knee. Ginny's brother was determined to ignore the couple through his Hogwarts years. He still couldn't believe Harry had given Ginny a Promise Ring. The two were closer than ever, not even needing to communicate to know what the other was thinking. He didn't like the idea, Ginny was far too young for a boyfriend.

But when he watched Harry smile in his sleep as Ginny watched over him lovingly, he knew there was nothing he could do about it.

But maybe there was.