Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

It was really nicely done. Really detailed. The dragons mouth was open so you could see his sharp powerful teeth.

I should start wearing these again. They symbolized something with me. Maybe protection? Something about them claimed a piece of my heart. Like a Horcrux.

Before I could open the door the door opened itself. Oh no, my dad did, my very angry dad did.

He stayed silent watching me as I wearily hurried inside the house. I rubbed my hands, it was much warmer inside.

"Mylo what time is it?" He asked me.

I stared at him. "I'm not sure- I mean- uh." I fumbled for my phone in my pocket. It was switched off so I waited for it to turn back on.

Dad rolled his eyes at me. "It's nine-forty Mylo!"

"Sorry, I was out... with a friend. We went to get dinner." I tried my best to return his smoldering glare with a sympathetic smile. A little shaky quiver passed my lips instead.

He took my phone when it lit up, literally straight out of my hand.

"You see that?" Dad pointed at the screen. "Nine-forty!" He tapped the screen for emphasis. "Dinner does not take-" He was cut off by the 'ding-a-ling' coming from my phone. And then it lit up, and Ryuu's name came across the screen, and then his text popped up.

Shit. God why do you hate me? You're being a real ass right now.

I didn't get to read it before he turned the phone to look at it. I tried to reach up and grab it back, flustered that Ryuu was even texting me, let alone dad seeing it.

"Daddy!"

Dad when absolutely still and suddenly I was feeling very, very nervous.

I gave out some kind of strangled yelp when he shoved me forward and into the dining room. I stumbled and picked up the pace.

"Dad, what-"

"So where have you been."

"I- I... I was out- out with a friend." I hoped to God Ryuu hadn't said anything dirty, I mean, it was unlikely but I still wouldn't put it past him. No one so handsy in a public place could be above sending a dirty text.

"Really." He gestured towards the closest chair and I nervously took a seat.

"Dad I don't know what-"

"So who's Ryuu."

I blushed. His glare deepened. "He's um, my close friend."

"Close friend meaning boyfriend?"

"I..." I sighed and tried to square up my shoulders a little more. Sheesh why was this so embarrassing to talk about with him. Maybe it would be easier if he wasn't glaring at me like I'd murdered Pip (mums dog). "Maybe."

"You have a boyfriend." He stated.

I took a deep breath. "Yes."

"How long."

"N-not very long, like r-really not a long time."

His eyes were drilling into my skull, don't think I could look at them much longer.

"Have you had sex with this boy?"

I face went up in flames so fast the fire department would have been dumbstruck. Inside my head there was a firework display going off.

"I- I- I- " My eyes were about as wide as they could get.

"Answer me boy!"

"No!"