daughter of hell 20

Depuis le début

Angry I slammed the door and left early for my classes. I didn't need to give the motherbitch a reason to condemn me to heaven.

Life was too complicated, and is was only morning.

Switch P.O.V. (Seth)

I smacked Nate's head.

"Hey."

"Don't flirt with her."

"I'm a flirty person, I can't help it."

"Try to keep it down, and work some of your 'magic' on the other sluts that go here."

"I'll try 'keeping it down'." He mocked me.

"But don't you think I'll be the only one who'll be drooling over her. I mean, have you looked at her. It should be illegal to look like that. Damn, she's so freaking hot."

And she was. I should have forbidd her to wear her adapted version of the schooluniform and wear something decent. Like it hadn't been awfully tempting before, she had to go and make it worse. Instead of the black silk ribbon sewed to her white blouse, she wore a tight black corset over it. On any other girl it would have looked cheap, but Luci managed to wear it with a certain elegance. Her red hair was piled up sophisticated on top of her head, elegant little red curls framed her face.

I still couldn't describe her as an angel. She had the looks to appear sweet and inocent, but she had to ruin her serene appearance with her daring clothes and fierce green eyes.

I couldn't say I minded either. It kind of turned me on that she wasn't all talk. Damn, she truly had messed me up.

"Lucas!" I yelled.

"You rang, sir?" He imitated Lurch, the butler of the Adam's family.

"I need you to keep an eye on Luci, see that no one else tries anything funny with her."

Lucas smirked at me and raised his eyebrows untill they dissapeared under his shaggy hair.

"Why don't you announce that you found your mate, and get it over with? No one would dare to touch her if they knew."

Like I hadn't seriously considered that, but there was one teeny-weeny small, little problem. Even Jake had thought about it. He snickered.

"I'd love to see Luci's reaction when finding out she's Seth's mate. I mean, look at the fit she threw when he called her 'his'." He shook his head.

"I'd give it some more time. At least wait untill she doesn't dislike you quite that much anymore."

"Yeah, that would be a real improvement." Nate joined in.

"And in the mean time..."

I didn't trust his smile.

"she doesn't belong to anyone and is free for anyone who doesn't love his own balls."

I made a disgusted sound. Had he really said that?

"How come?" Dustin asked slowwitted.

"You've seen how quickly she unmanned our dear king?"

"She did not unman me!"

"Right, and I'm the queen of Romania."

Sometimes I could wring that little neck and...

"And than you haven't even seen her wield a sword." Jake said with certain awe.

What was happening to my best friend?

First he started smiling, something he didn't do very often before Luci, and now he showed her his respect. Jake was as arrogant as me and thought himself superior above all others. The only difference with me was that he wasn't a talkative guy. In fact, the only sound you got out of him were a couple meaningful grunts.

"Let's get to class." I said while slinging my backpack over my shoulder.

I didn't feel like biology, for some reason disecting slimy frogs didn't do it for me. I entered the classroom and saw to my relieve Luci wasn't here yet. That gave me a couple of extra minutes to calm down. If I ever thought to make things happen between us, I needed to learn that weird twisted thing, called patience.

Biologie was a slow cruel torture, and the worst part was that Luci didn't show up. So she was skipping classes now?

"So you want to get together later today?"

Diana had wrapped her short little arms around me again and held on for dear life. My temper was boiling, if she hadn't been a marked one, I'm pretty sure I would have ripped of those little stumps, she dared to call arms. What had I ever seen in this girl? Were I used to think of her as petite and cute, I now found her short, squat and ungainly.

"Let go of me, Diana. I need to find someone."

She pouted. If she thought it made her look cute, she'd better think again, the resemblance to miss Piggy was striking. I rolled my eyes, I was interested in her drama as much as I was into dissecting a frog. I'd even rather dissect one of the green buddies than talk to Diana one more minute.

"Stay." She purred in my ear, it sounded more like snorting to me.

One of her manicured claw gripped the front of my shirt.

"I'll make it worth your while." She snorted some more.

Please, like she could satisfy me after the kisses Luci and I had shared. I really was left cold by her. No other girl could ever mean as much to me as Luci did. I needed to find her.

"I very much doubt that."

Her supposed flirty expression hardened. She looked pissed.

Her anger wasn't nearly as impressive as Luci's. Damn it! I really had to stop comparing every little thing to Luci. Where the hell was she?

"It is that little whore, isn't it?"

"Who?"

"That insignificant redheaded tramp." She hissed with with great distaste.

"Don't call her that." I said with barely suppressed anger in my voice.

So many thing were wrong with that statement.

First of all, Luci was kind of tall. To a midget like Diana, she must look like a giant.

Well, maybe she hadn't hitted to far of mark with her statement. Luci was a redhead, a beautiful one, but a redhead nonetheless. And for her calling Luci a slut... I couldn't say I thought otherwise.

"Your mine, Seth. She doesn't have any business with you. Why would you even want her? The girl isn't normal. Everybody knows!"

She was getting a little red in the face. I laughed when the image of an overheated teapot came to my mind. It only needed a little whiff of blond hair and they could be twins.

"I'll see you later, Di."

I gave her a weak wave, but I was already walking away.

"What does she have that I don't?" I heard her call after me.

I never stopped walking and didn't bother to turn around.

"A spine, to start with."