Chapter 58

I let out a shaky breaths as tears stream down my face. My grip around Tobias' neck tightens as I press my lips together so I don't sob. I try to keep my breaths even so I don't explode. Tobias buries his face on my neck hugging me tightly and not letting go for a long time. He holds me so tight and I makes me never want to leave his grip. I pull back a little and connect our lips and move in perfect sync. My parents are right next to us and they watch us kissing–probably in disgust–but I don't care. He kisses me passionately as tears slide down my face slowly. My hand moves to Tobias' chest, where his shirt is wet from the tears I sobbed last night on his chest quietly as he slept.
"Beatrice!" I hear my mother call. Looking behind me I point my finger at my parents telling them to wait a little longer. I let out a sob for the first time this morning as I pull him into my embrace one more time tightly. He squeezes my shoulder lightly and then lets go. I pull back and he wipes the tears from my face. His lips curl in a sad smile. His eyes glisten with tears as he gives me a reassuring nod. I kneel down and Olivia throws her arms around my neck as I hear he cry. I rub her back lightly with my hand and kiss the top of her head.
"I am going to miss you" she bubbles. I sigh pulling back and tucking her hair behind her ears and kissing her forehead.
"Im going to miss you too, chipmunk" I say trying to cheer her up with the nickname and my fake smile but she still cries. I stand up looking at Tobias once again. He holds my hand and I notice he holds something. He leaves a piece of paper in my hand as he pulls me into his arms one again.
"I love you" he says. "Don't forget that, ever. I'll always be here waiting for you" he says and I let out a little sob again while my shoulders shake. My mother calls me once again and I pull back wiping my tears with the sleeve of my cardigan.
"I love you too" I say stepping backwards. We did our goodbyes at his house at night while I couldn't stop sobbing and telling how much I loved him and how thankful I was to have him. He spilled a few tears as he tried comforting me and telling me that he will always wait for me to come back, no matter how long it takes. We said our long speeches in his room while Olivia slept in her room. None of us wanted to say our last words to each other in front of thousands of people surrounding us while we cried uncontrollably.
"These aren't our last words, Tris" he said staring me dead in the eyes. "We will meet again, don't worry"
"And what if we don't? What if we move on and pretend this relationship never happened?" I asked sobbing quietly as he wiped my tears.
"We are more then that" he said softly. "And we will always be. I'll still visit you, every week if I have to"
Our hands hold tightly and he accidentally pulls up my sleeve where my recent cuts are revealed. His eyebrows furrow as I stiffens a little. He doesn't question it and Im thankful he doesn't because I wouldn't want having the conversation of how he left me crying in the rain right now. still holding his hand, but then letting go and walking towards my parents and towards the port. Tears slide down my face repeatedly as I cary my suitcase and following my parents. I turn back one more time before going through the door that I can not go back anymore so I can see Tobias and Olivia once again. The tears that glistened in Tobias' eyes finally stream down his face while Olivia sobs uncontrollably in her hands. Tobias waves with his hand and mouths I love you.
That is the last thing I see before Caleb pulls and drags me. My eyes feel heavy and stink from the puffiness and the tears as I sniffle down the hall with Caleb and my parents by my side. None of us speak. My father tries to wrap his arm around my shoulder for comforting but I shake it off and keep walking a bit faster so my parents walk behind me.
So this is it. The end. The end of everything. I probably wont see my friends or Tobias ever again. Even if I ever come back in Chicago again, nothing would be the same anymore. I mean, me and Tobias love each other endlessly, but with me gone miles away from him, maybe he could move on gradually. My friends, they can do well without me too. But for me, I will never move on. How can I? The months I spent in Chicago were honestly the best months in my whole life. Even though I tried suiciding, my ex boyfriend died, I cut uncontrollably, the good memories still live and will always brighten my life and I will always be thankful that I got to enjoy this time here with these incredible people.
I shove the letter Tobias gave me in my pocket and keep walking through the port and towards the plane while tears stain my cheeks.