Chapter 16

Today Tobias is free to go. He stayed at the hospital for three days and Olivia visited him everyday. I wanted to talk with him too but they wouldn't let me because Im family.
"What does he remember?" I ask Olivia. She shrugs.
"He remembers me a little, his school...and thats about it" she says sadly "He doesn't remember you...Im sorry" I shake my head.
"Its not your fault" I say and blink my tears away. I see Tobias coming in the room and I stand up and put a warm welcoming smile on my face. I walk towards him and hug him tightly. He just stands there shocked and unsure what to do. His scent is still the same. He smells like soap and sweat, but this time he smells like hospitals too. After a while I pull back. I feel weird because this is the first time I hugged him and he didn't hug back.
"Em...hi" he says. I can't hold my tears anymore. They stream down my face and I wipe the away. "Is it something I Said?" He asks confused. I shake my head and laugh.
"No, its just...Im happy you are here" I say and he nods "So I am Tris. I used to be... Your...g-girlfriend" I had no idea it would be this awkward telling him that. We usually were very free with each other, and now I have to think before I talk with him, scared of what he might think. "Olivia will be staying with me until your memory will be back"
"Why do you get to stay with her?" He asks defensive "I remember her and I want to be with her" he says starting to raise his voice. I take a step back. I am shocked by this action. He never snapped at me like that.
"B-But they told me to-"
"No" he snaps "Shes staying with me" he grabs her hand and leaves. Olivia looks back at me, her eyes are filled with tears. I just stand there, confused if that just happened. I kneel on the ground and silently cry. I cant believe he yelled at me like that. He isn't the Tobias he used to be. I get up and go to the front desk where he is waiting. They are waiting because Tobias doesn't know where he lives, and I have to drive him. I wipe my tears away but I know my eyes are still puffy from crying. I just glance at him and to my car. They follow me. Tobias sits on the front seat and Olivia sits on the back seat of the car. I turn on the car and drive home. The car ride is silent.
"Im sorry" he says after a while "But she is the only hope I have, I just want to be with her. She is the only thing I remember". I don't respond to that, i just keep driving. I park my car. "You don't have to park, Olivia can show me the house" he says.
"I live next door" I say and get out the car. Olivia directs him to they're house and I go in to mine. I close the door harshly without looking back. I sigh and lean on the door.
I go to the living room and do the same thing I did before he was run over by the car. I sit on the couch and cover myself with hundreds of blankets and eat ice cream. After a while I hear a knock on my door. I tuck my hair behind my ear and get up. I open the door and see Tobias with Olivia.
"Hey Four" I say and Olivia's eyes widen. Tobias seems confused for one second.
"Hey" he says "I am really sorry for snapping at you like that. I didn't have any right to get mad at you. I did not know you lived next door...Im sorry"
"Why are you here?" I ask annoyed.
"Em...to apologize" he says. I roll my eyes.
"Goodnight" I say "Olivia, you can come at my place anytime okay?" She nods and I close the door. I sit next to the door and bring my knees to my head. My eyes fill with tears and i cry. I cried before but this time I really mean it. It hurts like hell.
"Why?" I ask sobbing "Why him?" I don't know who I am talking to though. I stand up and wipe my tears. I sit on the couch and cry myself to sleep...like Ive been doing these past nights.