Chapter 49

Tonight me and Tobias are going out for dinner. He asked me to wear the rose pink dress. I am one-hundred-percent sure that he will ask if I liked the dress, and Eric threatened me into telling him that I don't like it. When I say that to him, Im sure he will be crushed, because the dress costed a fortune. I sigh and zip the dress up. It looks beautiful. I hear the doorbell and turn my head to the door. I look at my phone on my bed and I decide that I don't want to take it. I don't want Eric threatening me every second and Tobias being suspicious.
"Beatrice" I hear my mother call from downstairs. "Tobias is here" I open the door and start going downstairs. When Tobias sees me, his smile disappears and its replaces with a serious amused face. He stares at me like Im the most beautiful thing he has ever seen. He is wearing a beautiful tuxedo. Our outfits make me think that this will be very fancy dinner. His eyes glisten as I come closer to him and give him a peck on the lips. That snaps him out of his daze. He grins as he continues to stare at me and says "You look beautiful"
I curled my hair and I put a little more makeup than I usually do. I put on a little powder, mascara and a light lipstick.
My mom looks at us so sweetly. He hugs me and Tobias and then we leave. He can't keep his eyes off me and I laugh a little turning my head to his direction.
"Why are you staring at me?" I ask giggling.
"Because I love you" he says and I smile. We stop walking and face each other. I stand on my tip-toes and place my lips against his and kiss him. He puts his hands on my waist and holds me tight. I smile through the kiss. I pull back a little but our foreheads still touch.
"I love you" I say against his lips and I feel the corners of his lips lifting. We pull back and go to his car. He sits in the drivers seat and I sit next to hi's seat. He starts the car and we lace our fingers as he drives.
He still did t ask for the dress and I hope he doesn't. This is the reason I didn't take my phone, because I know Eric would of told me to bring the dress or other mean stuff up.
Tobias parks his car and I take a look at the restaurant. Its Italian. Inside the lights are low, so its a little dark, but very romantic. There are a few couples inside, but not many. Tobias looks at me and gives me his questioning face, asking "Do you like it?" With his eyes. I smile from ear to ear and nod.
"I love it" I say and he looks relieved. We slowly walk in the restaurant. Tobias tells one of the waiters "Eaton" as he smirks at me. The waiter directs us to a table that says Reserved. Tobias pulls my chair and I sit down, then he pushes the chair a little closer to the table. "Thank you" I say and he sits across from me in the round table. The table has rose petals and red loose ribbons that are breathtaking. The waiter pour champagne on our glasses and leaves after he bows. I look at Tobias and he smiles.
"Tobias" I say. "This is amazing" My eyes glisten with tears as I think how much effort he put in this date. "Thank you" I say bitting my lower lip. He holds my hand, squeezes and then releases.
"Everything is worth it if its for you" he says and I smile. He always knows what to say in the right moment. He knows how to make my heart. He knows how to make me forget the worst things in the right time.
"I am so thankful that I have you" I say quietly. "I can't believe it all started when you drove me from LA to Chicago" I say and laugh. So much has happened since then. Good and bad things, but I try to remember only the happy moments, which are mostly with Tobias. He stays quiet at first and seems like he is thinking about something. He hesitates.
"What are you thinking about?" I ask.
"Never mind" he says.
"Hey" I say hiving him a reassure smile. "You can trust me" he shakes his head.
"You would never answer the question" he says and takes a sip from his champagne. My smile disappears as I know what he is talking about. He wants to ask about what Im hiding, but I can't tell him because he or my family can die if I don't keep my mouth shut. I sigh and give my head a little nod. There is a silence.
"Im sorry" I say and he looks up at me. "I will tell you. But not now" I say and he nods a little. "In the near future" He shakes his head.
"What is something that top secret that you just can not tell me? Do you really not trust me?" He asks and I shake my head repeating "No no no"
"Tobias" I say. "Please, just trust me on this one" I hold his hand and squeeze it. "I just can't tell you now. I have to deal with this alone. I just need you to wait a little longer"He pulls back his hand and stands up. He places the car keys on the table and walks towards the exit. "Tobias" I call but he doesn't stop. I grab the car keys and let a few dollars on the table for the champagne. "Tobias wait!" I call and try jogging to him. I am wearing heels so its hard to run. Its raining outside. Not a sweet, slow and calm rainy night. Water pours from the sky like a waterfall. The second I step outside my hair is ruined by the rain and my makeup too. I grab Tobias' palm harshly turning him to face me.
"Tobias stop" I say as my eyes burn with tears. "Please" He just stares at me, without saying a thing. His eyes are filled with hurt and hatred.
"Call me when you're ready to tell me your 'little secret. Call me in the 'near future'" He says and leaves. I let out a sob as I start shivering from the cold. I rub my arms with my hands trying to keep warm. There is no point going in the restaurant anymore.
Did we break up? Did he give up on us? Is it all over? The happiness, the good memories, the excitement and thankfulness. Will I stop feeling the emotions I had when I was with him? Am I ready to leave everything behind? Is he ready? Will the paint ever be over? And the answer is no. I will always, always be guilty of loving Tobias Eaton more than I should of. I will always feel the hurting pleasure of loving him.

Meant to be ~ Book One Of The "Meant To Be" SeriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara